Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Schefter "The most natural spot for Cam [Newton] would be Washington if he's going to leave New England."

danlhart87

I watched Pat McAfee discussing this on his show. The key here is "two years with incentives, $40-50 million." I don't believe these incentives are reported, but my guess is the contract is heavily structured on Cam performing at a high level and if he fails to do that, then he won't satisfy many of the incentives and it would be a cheap contract.

• Nadine changed the title to Adam Schefter "The most natural spot for Cam [Newton] would be Washington if he's going to leave New England."

He's making next to nothing in NE now, and he hasn't earned a penny of that!. No way would Washington, or any team look at Cam, he's DONE! Arthur Blank just came out and said both Juilo Jones and Ryan are on the market. Washington would do a lot worse than get both of them. New England would be smart to look into that as well..

With Philip Rivers and Jacoby Brissett both set to hit free agency, 2020 fourth-round draft pick Jacob Eason is the only Colts quarterback currently under contract for next season. With a smart coaching staff/front office and a well-built, playoff-ready roster, Indianapolis won’t be looking to start from scratch with a young QB

https://nesn.com/2021/01/five-potential-cam-newton-landing-spots-if-patriots-qb-leaves-in-free-agency/

angry oh no GIF by CBC

Archived