Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are getting majorly over looked.

I understand we haven't played at full potential this year. But we are loaded with talent and capable of beating anyone. So many media outlets are saying Bill's will take care of Indy easily. A lot of talk about the Buffalo Kansas City AFC championship game. Frank's needs to rally the troops come up with a full 60 min game plan. Let's have our best game of the year and get the respect we deserve. I believe we are gonna smack Buffalo in the mouth. I seen a pic where 10 media members all picked Bill's over Indy. Buckner, Leonard, and the Dfront are gonna light them up. Go Colts!!!

• Like 6
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bills are a better team (objectively) and have been playing better over the last month. They also have the more capable QB at this point. It's not surprising that they are heavily favored.  

The Colts team that played the first half of the Steelers game is a SB contender.   The Colts team that played the second half of the Steelers game will get blown out and they should be over

Weren't you taking a break?

Justifiably so. Came way too close to getting beaten twice by both the Jags and Texans. Relying on Reich to come up with a game plan to beat Buffalo is a guaranteed loss. 17-6 at the half, and 31-13 final, with the TD coming in the last 3 minutes with Buffalo playing soft. IMO, Reich is a really good head coach, but a really poor game coach.

• Like 4

there isnt much reason to pick the colts here unless you are a homer or have to make an upset pick.  its a 2 vs 7 seed, colts can win but they are favored for a reason 

• Like 1

Tell me about it. There should be no talk of us getting murdered. That hasnt happened to us at any point this year against any opponent outside of that Tenn game and you know we were missing major pieces. Im excited to see how our guys respond. I dont care for all the arrogant talk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Singletary, Beasley, McKenzie and Allen that’s lot of weapons. Feels like 2018 playoff at KC. In 2018 at least we had luck. Frank Reich in 2018 was consistent with play calling now he seems all over the place and very inconsistent.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, krunk said:

Tell me about it. There should be no talk of us getting murdered. That hasnt happened to us at any point this year against any opponent outside of that Tenn game and you know we were missing major pieces. Im excited to see how our guys respond. I dont care for all the arrogant talk.

I ignore all the 'experts' too.  Most of them are worse against the spread than a chicken making the picks.

The Bills don't have a great run defense but I expect them to load the box and put the game on River's shoulders.  IMO, it's our O line and receivers game to win or lose.  They're going to make sure Taylor doesn't beat them.

On D, I don't know if we can stop their passing game.  We're great against the run, but our D backfield can be torched.  So glad that Willis seems to be healthy.

• Like 1

Buffalo should be favored. While this team has played great in flashes, too many times we try and get cute on offense, or stray away from what is working on defense. Colts will have to play great football for 60 minutes in order to win this game. 

• Like 2

I don't think the Colts are being disrespected. I think we are looked at exactly as the team we've shown to be so far. And the Bills have arguably been the best team in the NFL over the last 2 months or so. 

A stat that I heard today that might give us some hope - the Colts are the team that plays zone second most in the league. Josh Allen has been much less exceptional against zone than against man coverage - 18 TDs and 3 picks against man, and 3TD and 9 INTs against zone. 

So... yeah, I doubt the Colts are unaware of that and I'd expect them to play their regular zone coverage even more than they've been playing it so far this season and dare Josh Allen to "matriculate the ball down the field", rather than move the ball with explosive plays. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Meh, no we’re getting exactly what we should be getting. The bills strength is their passing game, our weakness is our passing Defense. It’s a match up nightmare

• Like 2

The reality is that a Colts win will be looked at as an upset.  So all we need to do is upset our way to the Super Bowl.

Not very likely - but it is possible.  Have to play every game.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't think the Colts are being disrespected. I think we are looked at exactly as the team we've shown to be so far. And the Bills have arguably been the best team in the NFL over the last 2 months or so. 

A stat that I heard today that might give us some hope - the Colts are the team that plays zone second most in the league. Josh Allen has been much less exceptional against zone than against man coverage - 18 TDs and 3 picks against man, and 3TD and 9 INTs against zone. 

So... yeah, I doubt the Colts are unaware of that and I'd expect them to play their regular zone coverage even more than they've been playing it so far this season and dare Josh Allen to "matriculate the ball down the field", rather than move the ball with explosive plays. 

That zone stat doesn’t surprise me. Young QB typically have trouble in zone coverage. We will see if he figures it out Sunday.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

That’s because Allen thrives on deep shots when teams make him go on 17 play drives taking small shots all game he struggles . Colts defense is designed at doing exactly that .

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think we have the offense that can keep up. Plus we give up way to many passing yards on defense.

I think if the game goes into the 40s i.e. Buffalo's O puts that up, then yes the Colts don't have the offense for that. If it stays in the high 20s, low 30s then absolutely Indy can hang.

If the Colts go heavy, lean on the run and keep Allen from getting extra possessions, they can win. Similar to what we thought the Luck lead offense should have done in KC a few years ago, what JB did leading the offense in KC last year. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

The Colts team that played the first half of the Steelers game is a SB contender.

The Colts team that played the second half of the Steelers game will get blown out and they should be overlooked.

Which team plays Saturday?

Well unfortuneately, probably both.

1 hour ago, Wes Heilman said:

Justifiably so. Came way too close to getting beaten twice by both the Jags and Texans. Relying on Reich to come up with a game plan to beat Buffalo is a guaranteed loss. 17-6 at the half, and 31-13 final, with the TD coming in the last 3 minutes with Buffalo playing soft. IMO, Reich is a really good head coach, but a really poor game coach.

How did they win 11 games?

• Thanks 1

The unfortunate thing that will probably happen is that the Bills will get ahead by 2 or 3 TDs in the first half, and Reich will completely abandon the run in the 2nd half. Taylor will get 10 carries in the first half and 2 in the second half while Rivers throws on every play. I'd be shocked if this isn't the game script and we lose 35-21 or something to that affect.

We aren't that much worse because of talent, but we are a LOT worse because of our inferior coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The unfortunate thing that will probably happen is that the Bills will get ahead by 2 or 3 TDs in the first half, and Reich will completely abandon the run in the 2nd half. Taylor will get 10 carries in the first half and 2 in the second half while Rivers throws on every play. I'd be shocked if this isn't the game script and we lose 35-21 or something to that affect.

We aren't that much worse because of talent, but we are a LOT worse because of our inferior coach.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Weren't you taking a break?

Yeah, this subject intruiged me to read the responses before I did. Just wanted to throw in my opinion. Going to go to 7-11 now to buy a scratch ticket with my mom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, this subject intruiged me to read the responses before I did. Just wanted to throw in my opinion. Going to go to 7-11 now to buy a scratch ticket with my mom.

Good for you. Take care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Superman said:

Bills are a better team (objectively) and have been playing better over the last month. They also have the more capable QB at this point. It's not surprising that they are heavily favored.

I fully believe in any given Sunday, and we can beat the Bills if we play well, but that doesn't mean the Bills shouldn't be favored.

I get they are favored, and deserve to be. I'll have to pull up a clip but an nfl network analyst was saying this should be a cake walk for the Bills.

We aren't even supposed to be in the playoffs this year.  if it wasn't for expanding to 7 teams we'd be out.  That being said the bills are favored for a reason but it is just my nature to go in believing we will win so i do. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wes Heilman said:

You're a new poster, but I have to ask.....is the bolded something you can back up, or are you restating what others have been saying?

2 hours ago, Wes Heilman said:

I believe our teams talent makes Reich appear better than he is if your outside looking in. He has to start bringing better play calling for me to call him a great coach. He is a great motivator.

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

there isnt much reason to pick the colts here unless you are a homer or have to make an upset pick.  its a 2 vs 7 seed, colts can win but they are favored for a reason 

The difference from 3 seed to 7 seed isn't much in my opinion. I do believe the Cheifs and Bill's are upper echelon but the rest of the AFC playoffs teams are flawed. Our flaw is coaching and inconsistency. Our secondary and pass rush appear and dissapeared alot. Cant happen this weekend. We may be the 7 seed but I think we are as good as Pittsburg and Tennessee. I'd say the Browns are the weakest of the bunch.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I understand we haven't played at full potential this year. But we are loaded with talent and capable of beating anyone. So many media outlets are saying Bill's will take care of Indy easily. A lot of talk about the Buffalo Kansas City AFC championship game. Frank's needs to rally the troops come up with a full 60 min game plan. Let's have our best game of the year and get the respect we deserve. I believe we are gonna smack Buffalo in the mouth. I seen a pic where 10 media members all picked Bill's over Indy. Buckner, Leonard, and the Dfront are gonna light them up. Go Colts!!!

Oh how I wish I agreed.  But, honestly, we’re a few key players from being in the league’s upper echelon.  If we played Buffalo 10 times, I’m guessing the Bills would win 7-8 of them.

That said, I think it’s pretty remarkable for a team to lose its franchise QB after only 7 injury-plagued seasons and go 11-5 just a year removed.  It’s a genuine accomplishment in such a QB dominated league.  And it says a lot about the folks we have in charge.

But let’s not overestimate where we are in the NFL pecking order.  We’re capable of playing with anybody.  But we’re not in the league’s elite — not until we can get a few key parts upgraded (one of them being the hardest position to fill).

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Oh how I wish I agreed.  But, honestly, we’re a few key players from being in the league’s upper echelon.  If we played Buffalo 10 times, I’m guessing the Bills would win 7-8 of them.

That said, I think it’s pretty remarkable for a team to lose its franchise QB after only 7 injury-plagued seasons and go 11-5 just a year removed.  It’s a genuine accomplishment in such a QB dominated league.  And it says a lot about the folks we have in charge.

But let’s not overestimate where we are in the NFL pecking order.  We’re capable of playing with anybody.  But we’re not in the league’s elite — not until we can get a few key parts upgraded (one of them being the hardest position to fill).

I never mentioned us being elite. I just feel we are strongly being underestimated by the way some sports analysts are talking about the Bill's cruising by us. We are definately a few play makers away from getting there. We need a stud DE and shut down CB to complete the D. But if we had a Top 7 QB we would be An elite team. I only consider GB, KC, NO, and Buffalo as upper echelon. I would put us as a top ten team though.

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I never said we were elite lol.

I’d say it was implied in saying that we’re being underestimated and overlooked.

Of course people are going to pick Buffalo to win.  They clearly are in the league’s elite.  We aren’t.

That doesn’t mean we can’t win.  Of course we can win.  But it makes perfect sense that we’re the dogs.

40 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I get they are favored, and deserve to be. I'll have to pull up a clip but an nfl network analyst was saying this should be a cake walk for the Bills.

Meh. The 'nobody believes in us' card is great for the locker room, but doesn't really interest me.

• Like 2