Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card (merge)

CR91

Y’all know how I feel about Rivers. And while today doesn’t change that overall, Rivers did everything he could today, and I thank him for it. He was great today. He didn’t get fooled by the defense even when things got dicey, he stayed a step ahead of them most of the way, and even when he wasn’t he was on par with them. He fought his * off today and did everything he could. 

The * under the headset owes him. Big time. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

Y’all know how I feel about Rivers. And while today doesn’t change that overall, Rivers did everything he could today, and I thank him for it. He was great today. He didn’t get fooled by the defense even when things got dicey, he stayed a step ahead of them most of the way, and even when he wasn’t he was on par with them. He fought his * off today and did everything he could. 

The * under the headset owes him. Big time. 

Rivers was a warrior today.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Yep, It's me again. Where are all those fans who gave me grief for speaking the truth? Is it time for an eat crow thread??

The TRUTH is that we almost won a road playoff game, despite numerous mistakes.

The TRUTH is that the Colts also beat 3 playoff teams, and the only loss against a playoff team that we lost by more than one score was against TEN.

We were just as close to winning games that we lost as we were to losing games that we won.  It's not as good as you think it is or as bad as you think it is.  Whatever your point was, trying to beat your chest about it after a Colts playoff loss is beyond pointless.

26 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The TRUTH is that we almost won a road playoff game, despite numerous mistakes.

The TRUTH is that the Colts also beat 3 playoff teams, and the only loss against a playoff team that we lost by more than one score was against TEN.

We were just as close to winning games that we lost as we were to losing games that we won.  It's not as good as you think it is or as bad as you think it is.  Whatever your point was, trying to beat your chest about it after a Colts playoff loss is beyond pointless.

But have I not been saying my point since before the season started yes/no? therefore not be mad that I called it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 4.56.11 PM.png

15 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

But have I not been saying my point since before the season started yes/no? therefore not be mad that I called it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 4.56.11 PM.png

Who are you in that screenshot?  Are you John Kennedy?  dmedman50?  The good old days?

What have you been saying since before the season started?

What is the point you are making?  (And is it worth beating your chest about after a playoff-loss?)

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

we get it you hate phil

your shtick is getting old

But dont worry, Let me show you how you want to call foul now, when all along you were anti what I said then and still am now lol.

Rackeen305 replied to danlhart87's topic in Colts Football

Im talking to everyone who believe that this loss is't a big deal. Guys this team nearly lost against the Bengals. If it wasn't for special team and timely INTs from our Defense, this team would have loss to the Bengals. Lets not act lost. Then the Ravens, Half time score: 10 - 7. Final score 10 - 24. We didn't score not 1 point in the 3rd or 4th Quarter. If you guys are still saying it doesn't matter, the I know that the expectations are low and the writing...

November 29

Rackeen305 replied to danlhart87's topic in Colts Football

I blame the lost on lip because when we win (see the Bengals game and a few others) you give Rivers the credit when it's actually been special teams, and defense. It sounds like you have an excuse for the lost. Rivers was 24/42 1 TD, 1 INT. and almost had 2 INTs. Did you give JB excuses last year once we lost to the STEELERS when he got hurt in that game after been stepped on by Big Q? ok then. NO EXCUSES for Rivers. He's a HOFer isnt he??

November 29

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Who are you in that screenshot?  Are you John Kennedy?  dmedman50?  The good old days?

What have you been saying since before the season started?

What is the point you are making?  (And is it worth beating your chest about after a playoff-loss?)

That was from Dan Dachich. 1080thefan (YouTube). From Miami, is ME. lol lol

but none of that matters. Just point out or argue the football stuff. which you couldn't then and cannot do now. Just say i was right bro. or "Eat crow" as you commonly say...

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You didn't answer a single. one. of. my. questions.

Texans starting QB is ranked as a top 5 QB in the NFL. 

2020 stats                                                             

Deshaun Watson                                              Phillip Rivers                                            Josh Allen

Comp  | Yds  | Y/A | TD | Int                              Comp   | Yds  | Y/A  | TD | Int                  Comp  | Yds  | Y/A | TD  | Int

70.2%  4823  8.9   33   7                                 68.0%   4169   7.7     24   11                    69.2% 4544  7.9    37    10

He is a mobile, accurate strong armed QB. And in order to beat playoff teams (Chefs, Ravens, Biils, Bills, etc) you need a QB who can scramble when needed, and isn't so easily to game plan against if you need to sub a QB in for short yardage and long yardage plays. long story short, see Josh Allen for example. 

The only difference is that Watson has been playing at a high level and in big games since college. 

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Texans starting QB is ranked as a top 5 QB in the NFL. 

2020 stats                                                             

Deshaun Watson                                              Phillip Rivers                                            Josh Allen

Comp  | Yds  | Y/A | TD | Int                              Comp   | Yds  | Y/A  | TD | Int                  Comp  | Yds  | Y/A | TD  | Int

70.2%  4823  8.9   33   7                                 68.0%   4169   7.7     24   11                    69.2% 4544  7.9    37    10

He is a mobile, accurate strong armed QB. And in order to beat playoff teams (Chefs, Ravens, Biils, Bills, etc) you need a QB who can scramble when needed, and isn't so easily to game plan against if you need to sub a QB in for short yardage and long yardage plays. long story short, see Josh Allen for example. 

The only difference is that Watson has been playing at a high level and in big games since college. 

We can set our watches by you...

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

(Chefs, Ravens, Biils, Bills, etc)

Biils, Bills, AND etc?  Wow, my guy... that's a lot!  AND the Chefs?  Sure hope our goose isn't... cooked... by the chefs...

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

He is a mobile, accurate strong armed QB.

So your point is that we need a QB like that?  Am I right?

There's only a handful of those guys in the league.

7 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

And in order to beat playoff teams (Chefs, Ravens, Biils, Bills, etc) you need a QB who can scramble when needed

And the Chiefs, Ravens, and Bills have 3 of the best young, mobile, accurate, big-armed QBs in the game right now.  But there aren't very many of those guys to go around.

Michael Vick was a once-in-a-lifetime player, and unfortunately, he isn't walking through the Colts front door any time soon.  No matter how much I wish it...  :beg:

Archived