Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card (merge)

• CR91 changed the title to Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card
Just now, Tsarquise said:

We all know where 2 of those wins came from. 

Nope. Just one. 2007 was the divisional round.

• Like 1

All of them as a Charger. New team, we will see how it goes.

He has a 5-6 playoff record, which tells me he has won the divisional round just once. We can replace him with a QB with a better divisional record if he wins the wild card then, LOL. :) 

Trade for Flacco from the Jets after the wild card round, haha!!! haha Or ask the Jets to drop him, and pick him up from waivers. :) 

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Was about to say the same thing. 

Just passing along knowledge

This was the last time Rivers played in a playoff game...I hope we can see something similar again (with a similar result for game). Love seeing those wheels on Rivers go zoom zoom, that too against the #1 ranked defense in football!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New format though.....now 2 seeds get to be wildcard teams. 

We'll see how it goes. I think his struggles have mainly come versus very good defenses (*also when missing key linemen). The Bills have an 'okay' defense this season so I expect him to do well. Also, his linemen are back and hopefully JV is even better than he was v JVille

7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

New format though.....now 2 seeds get to be wildcard teams. 

We'll see how it goes. I think his struggles have mainly come versus very good defenses (*also when missing key linemen). The Bills have an 'okay' defense this season so I expect him to do well. Also, his linemen are back and hopefully JV is even better than he was v JVille

Castanzo is still out though right? Rivers excels when he has a good LT protecting his blindside. 

13 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Castanzo is still out though right? Rivers excels when he has a good LT protecting his blindside. 

Yeah Castonzo's done for the season.

Veldheer had a decent first game so hopefully he builds on that.

14 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Castonzo had season ending surgery, he out the rest of the way.... could even retire... who knows?

8 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah Castonzo's done for the season.

Veldheer had a decent first game so hopefully he builds on that.

The bills will test him early with Hughes.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

The bills will test him early with Hughes.

It'd be poetic if Hughes wrecked the game for Indy. Flus simply has to make sure that doesn't happen.

The Bills D over the last month or so has been a top 10 D.

9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

It'd be poetic if Hughes wrecked the game for Indy. Flus simply has to make sure that doesn't happen.

Hughes hasn't been a colts for almost a decade. Who cares.

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hughes hasn't been a colts for almost a decade. Who cares.

Many. Every time Hughes has a monster game/month, just look around and you'll see what i mean.

12 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Many. Every time Hughes has a monster game/month, just look around and you'll see what i mean.

Trust me, no one cares about a draft pick from 2010

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Trust me, no one cares about a draft pick from 2010

Not being antagonist, but it saddens me when I think about the loss of Jerry too soon. I'm over it, but I wish we could have seen his development.

8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Not being antagonist, but it saddens me when I think about the loss of Jerry too soon. I'm over it, but I wish we could have seen his development.

The trade for him sucked, but it's not like he ever produced.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, Anonymous said:

This was the last time Rivers played in a playoff game...I hope we can see something similar again (with a similar result for game). Love seeing those wheels on Rivers go zoom zoom, that too against the #1 ranked defense in football!

That was not his last playoff game, he won that game.  Then the following week in N.E. he outscored the S.B. Champs 21-6 in the 2nd half with 331 yards passing and 3 t.d.s unfortunately for the Chargers Gus Bradley's D got eaten alive in the 1st half with no adjustments until the 2nd half.

44 minutes ago, CoachKjr said:

That was not his last playoff game, he won that game.  Then the following week in N.E. he outscored the S.B. Champs 21-6 in the 2nd half with 331 yards passing and 3 t.d.s unfortunately for the Chargers Gus Bradley's D got eaten alive in the 1st half with no adjustments until the 2nd half.

Coaching absolutely ruined his shot at a SB that year.  Bradley got absolutely shredded on D and made zero adjustments. 

• Like 2
On 1/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Colt.45 said:

What does Flus have to do with Hughes?

• Like 2
On 1/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, Colt.45 said:

They played the broncos, patriots, and dolphins. All crappy offenses

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They played the broncos, patriots, and dolphins. All crappy offenses

It's funny, when other teams play/beat crappy teams some in here praise them for being so good. When we play/beat crappy teams, it is well the Colts only won because they played crappy teams.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

1. Rivers undefeated in wild card round. 4-0

2. Bill's have lost 6 consecutive playoff games. 

Let's hope those Trends continue. 

:coltslogo:

Nice, but I’m not sure how either are relevant TBH.  Different players, coaches, etc...

The Colts have won their first game in the playoffs the last three times they’ve been in it, right?  The Bills lost 4 straight SBs.

All trivia, none relevant.  

• Nadine changed the title to Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card (merge)
4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Nice, but I’m not sure how either are relevant TBH.  Different players, coaches, etc...

The Colts have won their first game in the playoffs the last three times they’ve been in it, right?  The Bills lost 4 straight SBs.

All trivia, none relevant.  

I don't disagree.

However, many analysts & betters go with trends when betting, even if it goes back years. Lol

• Like 1

Friendly Reminder

Rackeen305 replied to danlhart87's topic in Colts Football

Im talking to everyone who believe that this loss is't a big deal. Guys this team nearly lost against the Bengals. If it wasn't for special team and timely INTs from our Defense, this team would have loss to the Bengals. Lets not act lost. Then the Ravens, Half time score: 10 - 7. Final score 10 - 24. We didn't score not 1 point in the 3rd or 4th Quarter. If you guys are still saying it doesn't matter, the I know that the expectations are low and the writing...

November 29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anything changed from Nov 29th? When the Colts play a Playoff team, the results are the same. Fans want to be overly joyful when the Colts beat the Bengals who gave up 21 points and a rookie QB. Now beat someone your own size.

mic drop... Has anything changed?? Now callout the same position you did the year prior. Until then, the results will be the same until adequate change is made there. NO EXCUSES!

Steelers halftime score: 21- 7, final score 24-28. RIvers didnt throw 1 TD in the second half. And you want to beat the Chefs, Ravens, and Bills in the playoffs?

Yep, It's me again. Where are all those fans who gave me grief for speaking the truth? Is it time for an eat crow thread??

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 4.56.11 PM.png