Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card (merge)


Recommended Posts

  • CR91 changed the title to Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card
Just now, Tsarquise said:

We all know where 2 of those wins came from. 

 

Nope. Just one. 2007 was the divisional round.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All of them as a Charger. New team, we will see how it goes.

 

He has a 5-6 playoff record, which tells me he has won the divisional round just once. We can replace him with a QB with a better divisional record if he wins the wild card then, LOL. :) 

 

Trade for Flacco from the Jets after the wild card round, haha!!! haha Or ask the Jets to drop him, and pick him up from waivers. :) 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Was about to say the same thing. 

 

Just passing along knowledge

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the last time Rivers played in a playoff game...I hope we can see something similar again (with a similar result for game). Love seeing those wheels on Rivers go zoom zoom, that too against the #1 ranked defense in football!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

New format though.....now 2 seeds get to be wildcard teams. 

We'll see how it goes. I think his struggles have mainly come versus very good defenses (*also when missing key linemen). The Bills have an 'okay' defense this season so I expect him to do well. Also, his linemen are back and hopefully JV is even better than he was v JVille

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

New format though.....now 2 seeds get to be wildcard teams. 

We'll see how it goes. I think his struggles have mainly come versus very good defenses (*also when missing key linemen). The Bills have an 'okay' defense this season so I expect him to do well. Also, his linemen are back and hopefully JV is even better than he was v JVille

Castanzo is still out though right? Rivers excels when he has a good LT protecting his blindside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Castanzo is still out though right? Rivers excels when he has a good LT protecting his blindside. 

Yeah Castonzo's done for the season.

Veldheer had a decent first game so hopefully he builds on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Castanzo is still out though right? Rivers excels when he has a good LT protecting his blindside. 

Castonzo had season ending surgery, he out the rest of the way.... could even retire... who knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah Castonzo's done for the season.

Veldheer had a decent first game so hopefully he builds on that.

 

The bills will test him early with Hughes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

The bills will test him early with Hughes.

It'd be poetic if Hughes wrecked the game for Indy. Flus simply has to make sure that doesn't happen.

 

The Bills D over the last month or so has been a top 10 D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

It'd be poetic if Hughes wrecked the game for Indy. Flus simply has to make sure that doesn't happen.

 

The Bills D over the last month or so has been a top 10 D.

 

Hughes hasn't been a colts for almost a decade. Who cares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Hughes hasn't been a colts for almost a decade. Who cares.

Many. Every time Hughes has a monster game/month, just look around and you'll see what i mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Many. Every time Hughes has a monster game/month, just look around and you'll see what i mean.

 

Trust me, no one cares about a draft pick from 2010

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Trust me, no one cares about a draft pick from 2010

Not being antagonist, but it saddens me when I think about the loss of Jerry too soon. I'm over it, but I wish we could have seen his development.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Not being antagonist, but it saddens me when I think about the loss of Jerry too soon. I'm over it, but I wish we could have seen his development.

 

The trade for him sucked, but it's not like he ever produced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, Anonymous said:

This was the last time Rivers played in a playoff game...I hope we can see something similar again (with a similar result for game). Love seeing those wheels on Rivers go zoom zoom, that too against the #1 ranked defense in football!

That was not his last playoff game, he won that game.  Then the following week in N.E. he outscored the S.B. Champs 21-6 in the 2nd half with 331 yards passing and 3 t.d.s unfortunately for the Chargers Gus Bradley's D got eaten alive in the 1st half with no adjustments until the 2nd half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CoachKjr said:

That was not his last playoff game, he won that game.  Then the following week in N.E. he outscored the S.B. Champs 21-6 in the 2nd half with 331 yards passing and 3 t.d.s unfortunately for the Chargers Gus Bradley's D got eaten alive in the 1st half with no adjustments until the 2nd half.


Coaching absolutely ruined his shot at a SB that year.  Bradley got absolutely shredded on D and made zero adjustments. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Colt.45 said:

It'd be poetic if Hughes wrecked the game for Indy. Flus simply has to make sure that doesn't happen.

 

The Bills D over the last month or so has been a top 10 D.

What does Flus have to do with Hughes?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, Colt.45 said:

It'd be poetic if Hughes wrecked the game for Indy. Flus simply has to make sure that doesn't happen.

 

The Bills D over the last month or so has been a top 10 D.

 

They played the broncos, patriots, and dolphins. All crappy offenses

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

They played the broncos, patriots, and dolphins. All crappy offenses

It's funny, when other teams play/beat crappy teams some in here praise them for being so good. When we play/beat crappy teams, it is well the Colts only won because they played crappy teams.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

1. Rivers undefeated in wild card round. 4-0

 

2. Bill's have lost 6 consecutive playoff games. 

 

Let's hope those Trends continue. 

:coltslogo:


Nice, but I’m not sure how either are relevant TBH.  Different players, coaches, etc...
 

The Colts have won their first game in the playoffs the last three times they’ve been in it, right?  The Bills lost 4 straight SBs.

 

All trivia, none relevant.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine changed the title to Phillip Rivers is undefeated in the wild card (merge)
4 hours ago, Smonroe said:


Nice, but I’m not sure how either are relevant TBH.  Different players, coaches, etc...
 

The Colts have won their first game in the playoffs the last three times they’ve been in it, right?  The Bills lost 4 straight SBs.

 

All trivia, none relevant.  

 

I don't disagree.

However, many analysts & betters go with trends when betting, even if it goes back years. Lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Friendly Reminder

Rackeen305 replied to danlhart87's topic in Colts Football

Im talking to everyone who believe that this loss is't a big deal. Guys this team nearly lost against the Bengals. If it wasn't for special team and timely INTs from our Defense, this team would have loss to the Bengals. Lets not act lost. Then the Ravens, Half time score: 10 - 7. Final score 10 - 24. We didn't score not 1 point in the 3rd or 4th Quarter. If you guys are still saying it doesn't matter, the I know that the expectations are low and the writing...

 November 29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Has anything changed from Nov 29th? When the Colts play a Playoff team, the results are the same. Fans want to be overly joyful when the Colts beat the Bengals who gave up 21 points and a rookie QB. Now beat someone your own size.

 

mic drop... Has anything changed?? Now callout the same position you did the year prior. Until then, the results will be the same until adequate change is made there. NO EXCUSES!

 

Steelers halftime score: 21- 7, final score 24-28. RIvers didnt throw 1 TD in the second half. And you want to beat the Chefs, Ravens, and Bills in the playoffs?

 

 

Yep, It's me again. Where are all those fans who gave me grief for speaking the truth? Is it time for an eat crow thread??

 

 

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 4.56.11 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I don’t think that will be the case. But they can take there time with him.
    • I love Irsay's phone conversations with the players just drafted in this latest episode.  It reminded me of the contrast between Irsay and Pagano conversations after Hooker was picked.  Pagano's was cringe worthy and Irsay's was classy.
    • I'm wondering if this maybe signals that we plan on completely redshirting Dayo this season. Ballard mentioned regretting bringing Turay back too soon and him not being 100% to where he needed a 2nd surgery. He may want to play it safe with Dayo to make sure he starts his career at 100%. Who really knows at this point though. 
    • Kerrigan was upset that he took a backup role with WFT and wanted to be an every down player.  Kerrigan would be a great addition to our Colts and seemed to be very comparable in terms with Houston if not better imo.  Yes Kerrigan is from Indiana and I have been hoping we signed Kerrigan in FA for a while now.  We clearly need proven depth at DE and Kerrigan will provide that.  Right now we have Paye and Muhammad as the clear starters and outside of a healthy Turay I can't trust Bangou and we all know Dayo will be a scratch most of the season.
    • Think the Colts bottom line lacks proven depth at our Edges to an extent.  I do think that Paye, Buckner, Stewart, and Muhammad will be the starters and Turay when healthy flashed real potential in rotations.  After that we don't have proven rotational guys on the edges and Ben is going to be a FA in 2023, assuming we let him go, plus Turay will be a FA next off-season.  It makes sense for the Colts to beef up their DL since we failed to do so in the past few off-seasons and appears we didn't draft that well either.    Depending on how well Wentz plays and which round we start off our draft I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts targeted another top DE.  My early draft projections favorites for DE are Myjai Sanders (Cincinnati), Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan) and George Karlaftis (Purdue).  If we had to sign one FA DE next season I would consider Uchenna Nwosu (Chargers).
  • Members

    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 2,745

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,628

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caffrey

      Caffrey 145

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JediXMan

      JediXMan 620

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 22,534

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HOZER

      HOZER 3,759

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • uniquicity

      uniquicity 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KB

      KB 319

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wordofmouth

      wordofmouth 86

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ar7

      ar7 307

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...