Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to extend contract of GM Chris Ballard

MTC

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

But any group with Luck was a SB caliber group.  I mean, there is having to beat Mahomes now and Brady then, but other than that, its about the same without Luck.  Good with a good Rivers QB, bad with a bad JB QB.

Now it's  allen mahomes and whoever is left

Just now, Stephen said:

Just now, Stephen said:

If we beat the bills and chiefs I think we make the super bowl 

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea they want our scouts defensive coordinator  and a few others. 

Well this is a copycat league, success breeds opportunity for them. Happens all the time, may guess is we will keep the majority of them, & if we loss someone that there is a protégé to take his place. The DC would be a loss, I personally think hes still a year away that he will stay, but maybe. I think most teams still play a 3/4 as opposed to a 4/3. If he left and went to a 3/4 team from a personnel standpoint thats always tough. IE Pagano with the Colts 

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

If we beat the bills and chiefs I think we make the super bowl 

I'll be rooting for the Colts.  Like most, I wouldn't expect it and would consider any SB achievement an overachievement.  But proper credit is usually given to the HC and the QB for that overachievement.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It would be the most Colts thing ever beating the Bills and Chiefs then losing AFC Title to the Titans or Ravens 

Smh that would be crazy like when the jets beat us and the Patriots  but lost to the Steelers 

9 hours ago, shasta519 said:

You could argue that...but it’s not a valid position. He could ascend to it though in a year or two. He still has his most important task ahead. 

Personally, I think what he has done, the turn around of that roster, which I truly believe was one of the worst one of the 2000s, I've not seen someone do that this quickly. And also I can't wait for every draft now, while back in the days drafts was so boring for us :D

5 hours ago, rayski said:

Personally, I think what he has done, the turn around of that roster, which I truly believe was one of the worst one of the 2000s, I've not seen someone do that this quickly. And also I can't wait for every draft now, while back in the days drafts was so boring for us :D

Ballard drafts better than any GM hands down. The only mistake I've seen him make that bothered me was giving JB the contract prematurely, instead of making him earn that kind of pay.

Archived