Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Lynn Fired By LA Chargers

Mel Kiper's Hair

14 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I thought he was a decent coach.  Seemed to be doing a good job grooming the rookie qb after losing his starter.

Agreed. They have a rookie QB, lost their best defender before the season and finished 7-9. A good portion of those 9 losses are to playoff teams too. What did they expect 11-5?

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think they go after Brian Daboll, IMO. 

While they are at it, might as well fire Tom Telesco. Then the Colts can sign Melvin Ingram in the offseason. :) 

You may be right about Ingram. I think Melvin Ingram or Matt Judon will be our big "get" this off-season. 

37 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

You may be right about Ingram. I think Melvin Ingram or Matt Judon will be our big "get" this off-season. 

If you don't have too many draft picks built up and your drafted pass rushers have not developed at the level you wanted, I see this as a "must move on it in free agency" type of situation. Get the FA you know about and draft another one as well to bolster quality depth, never hurts w.r.t pass rush.

Ask the Eagles if they are stuck with Carson Wentz and want to clear space, if they'd be fine with trading Brandon Graham. :) 

On 1/4/2021 at 3:10 PM, Fluke_33 said:

I thought he was a decent coach.  Seemed to be doing a good job grooming the rookie qb after losing his starter.

As a former Chargers fan, no.  Lynn was not a good head coach at all.  The team won games in spite of him, not because of him.

As for Herbert, remember that Lynn wanted Tyrod to start the whole season, and Herbert only played after the fluke Tyrod injury.  Lynn also kept saying things like "Herbert is a backup for a reason" when they were losing games this year despite Herbert balling out.

Lynn sucks, and his firing was overdue IMO.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, DontEverGiveUp said:

As a former Chargers fan, no.  Lynn was not a good head coach at all.  The team won games in spite of him, not because of him.

As for Herbert, remember that Lynn wanted Tyrod to start the whole season, and Herbert only played after the fluke Tyrod injury.  Lynn also kept saying things like "Herbert is a backup for a reason" when they were losing games this year despite Herbert balling out.

Lynn sucks, and his firing was overdue IMO.

Concur, his questionable personnel decisions have hurt the Chargers alot and cost them games over his short tenure - two quick examples are cutting veteran kicker Josh Lambo in favor of Younghoe Koo (who himself was cut after only 4 games, all losses) in his 1st season as HC, and last year returning Melvin Gordon to the starting lineup after his ill advised holdout, despite the excellent performance of Austin Ekeler.

On 1/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, Colts1324 said:

The problem on this is which Melvin do you get?   He seems to have lost his fire.  Gets hurt all the time and looked like pillsbury dough boy this year while playing.  Had very few tackles or sacks and mailed it in early.    He used to be great but he got interested in other things like being a rapper.  Hope he gets in shape and returns to form f we get him......but he’s not the Melvin Ingram of a few years ago.  

Archived