Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons send request for Colts director of college scouts to interview for GM Job

CR91

• CR91 changed the title to Falcons send request for Colts director of college scouts to interview for GM Job

Very good job by our scouting dept overall.

Buckner - top 3 DT

Mack -> Taylor

Hooker -> Blackmon

Castanzo -> Vedleheer

Stacked LB corps.

53, 54, 58, 44

Value sign - Rhodes (Very decent year)

31 (Wilson) - average backup

Good Signs

Pascal, Moore, Ebron (Current pittsburg TE), Rivers (as much as i think he has a noodle arm)

I mean the only weakness I see is edge, and maybe one more man CB. Our LT is getting old, but overall Ballard has done exceptionally well. I guess their success is paying off for those involved.

Whoops!    Looks like I spoke too soon.

Another website is reporting Carolina will be interviewing Ed Dodds.   Other teams who either do have interest, or are expected to show interest are Detroit and Texas. 

Talented guy.   How many times can he say no, thank you?

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Our scouting is the best quality of the team . Ballard needs to offer these guys huge pay raises and fight to keep them . 

You can't pay them enough when there is a GM job on the line.   An unfortunate reality of the business when it comes to front office guys and coordinators.  When you start experiencing some success teams start calling those guys for GM jobs and Head Coaching jobs and while they might occasionally pass up a job because they don't think it's right for them or they don't like the situation there, in the end they will probably end up taking a job.  

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The rumors about the Texans and Flus have been going around awhile. That would be bad to have him in the division. Watson doesn’t need much development so they really don’t need a offensive coach. 

I'd be fine with Eberflus to Hou.... We'd be up against a prevent defense every time Watson could get them a lead..... And our WR would get nice cushions ...

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Whoops!    Looks like I spoke too soon.

Another website is reporting Carolina will be interviewing Ed Dodds.   Other teams who either do have interest, or are expected to show interest are Detroit and Texas. 

Talented guy.   How many times can he say no, thank you?

They requested him. I don't think we can block that request. He can decline the interview; I haven't seen whether he's accepted or not.

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear....   I’m not expecting the Colts to block the request, nor would I want them to.  

Same here. I was more wondering whether Dodds will actually interview. I think at this point it's just a request, from what's been reported.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:33 AM, coming on strong said:

Our scouting is the best quality of the team . Ballard needs to offer these guys huge pay raises and fight to keep them . 

That's not really an option.   You cannot block a guy from moving up to that level.   

On 1/4/2021 at 12:25 AM, AustinnKaine said:

Very good job by our scouting dept overall.

Buckner - top 3 DT

Mack -> Taylor

Hooker -> Blackmon

Castanzo -> Vedleheer

Stacked LB corps.

53, 54, 58, 44

Value sign - Rhodes (Very decent year)

31 (Wilson) - average backup

Good Signs

Pascal, Moore, Ebron (Current pittsburg TE), Rivers (as much as i think he has a noodle arm)

I mean the only weakness I see is edge, and maybe one more man CB. Our LT is getting old, but overall Ballard has done exceptionally well. I guess their success is paying off for those involved.

Not sure I'd include Buckner (already an NFL stud in SF) or Hooker (has under

performed his draft slot pretty significantly and was never really a great fit for 

the scheme) in that list. 

Archived