Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 opponents officially set

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Glad we don't have to play the chiefs.

But, we got the short end of the stick with having to play Baltimore. The Steelers should be a lot worse next year. JuJu is likely gone as well as Dupree or Heyward. And Big Ben is declining & might retire.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

NFC West is going to be brutal especially if the 49ers are healthy and all of them have good Ds or good QBs.

Good thing every other team in our division also faces them.  If we take care of our division opponents, we should have a very good shot at having similar or better records against our out-of-division opponents compared to the other teams in our division.

As previously pointed out, we have 1 major advantage over TN in that we get to play LV instead of KC.  I agree w/ @Colts1324

in that I'm not convinced we have an advantage over TN with us playing Balt and them getting Pitt.

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Good thing every other team in our division also faces them.  If we take care of our division opponents, we should have a very good shot at having similar or better records against our out-of-division opponents compared to the other teams in our division.

As previously pointed out, we have 1 major advantage over TN in that we get to play LV instead of KC.  I agree w/ @Colts1324

in that I'm not convinced we have an advantage over TN with us playing Balt and them getting Pitt.

If it weren’t for the Colts history with the Steelers and that it would have meant another game in Pittsburgh I would agree with you.  That team just has the Colts number no matter what.  Not unlike the Chargers in the Manning days.  

2 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Who would we play if it goes to a 17 week schedule?? Im guessing a 2nd place team in the NFC, so either buccaneers,giants or bears

NFL hasn’t said how they will handle a week 17 yet.  

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Has to be a similar ranked team from NFC South division. That is the best I can think of.

AFC South - similar ranked team from NFC South and vice versa.

AFC North - similar ranked team from NFC North and vice versa.

AFC East - similar ranked team from NFC East and vice versa.

AFC West - similar ranked team from NFC West and vice versa.

Adds 1 more intra-conference team and gives us all 16 extra AFC vs NFC match ups to watch.

If we are playing that NFC division that year, then it will be a similar ranked team from the NFC division we played the previous year. 

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

If it weren’t for the Colts history with the Steelers and that it would have meant another game in Pittsburgh I would agree with you.  That team just has the Colts number no matter what.  Not unlike the Chargers in the Manning days.  

I get what you're saying.. the Steelers definitely have had our number as of late... though, since 2011 the Ravens are 4-1 against us.

The Ravens, IMO, are up and coming (if Lamar Jackson stays healthy).  The Steelers, on the other hand, are (IMO) about to start declining as Roethlisberger starts to show his age.  

I get what you mean about the Chargers in the Manning days.  That said, the Steelers who have dominated us for the past 15+ years are the Big Ben days for the Steelers -- they're about to be over (just like the Brady days for the Patriots ended and the Bills swept them).  I also believe we're about to enter the Reich & Ballard days here in Indy for a time to come.  Not saying you don't have a valid point, but my personal opinion is that I'd rather be playing the Steelers in 2021 than the Ravens.

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

Has to be a similar ranked team from NFC South division. That is the best I can think of.

AFC South - similar ranked team from NFC South and vice versa.

AFC North - similar ranked team from NFC North and vice versa.

AFC East - similar ranked team from NFC East and vice versa.

AFC West - similar ranked team from NFC West and vice versa.

Adds 1 more intra-conference team and gives us all 16 extra AFC vs NFC match ups to watch.

If we are playing that NFC division that year, then it will be a similar ranked team from the NFC division we played the previous year. 

That is what I am thinking too, Do the division you faced in 2019 and basically you face the division on the rotation so 2022 wed face the NFC North team

Archived