Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JT In Good Company

Lucky Colts Fan

With his performance today, Jonathan Taylor joins Edgerrin James and Marshall Faulk to get double-digit TDs and quadruple-digit rush yds in their rookie year as Colts.

He joins Edge as the only other Colts RB to put up 200+ rush yds.

His 253 rush yards today makes him #2 in most rush yards in a game by a rookie, behind Adrian Petersons' amazing record-setting 296, which is the most in NFL history by any RB, period.

giphy-downsized.gif

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

With his performance today, Jonathan Taylor joins Edgerrin James and Marshall Faulk to get double-digit TDs and quadruple-digit rush yds in their rookie year as Colts.

He joins Edge as the only other Colts RB to put up 200+ rush yds.

His 253 rush yards today makes him #2 in most rush yards in a game by a rookie, behind Adrian Petersons' amazing record-setting 296, which is the most in NFL history by any RB, period.

giphy-downsized.gif

If I’m not mistaken, it also is the most yards of ANY Colts RB going back to like 1956 or something like that, according to the radio guys post game

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Very proud of Taylor today! He has grown so much as a rookie and is already a top 5 RB IMO. I know Derrick Henry comparisions are unreasonable this quick, but he has that potential. What a pick by Ballard!

Derrick Henry is a different style all together. Henry just knocks people over. JT is a more young Frank Gore like runner. 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Very proud of Taylor today! He has grown so much as a rookie and is already a top 5 RB IMO. I know Derrick Henry comparisions are unreasonable this quick, but he has that potential. What a pick by Ballard!

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Derrick Henry is a different style all together. Henry just knocks people over. JT is a more young Frank Gore like runner. 

JT was CARRYING people to finish runs today.

He gets those "hidden" yards like Gore used to in his prime.

And NObody wants to see a team that can run the ball like Taylor did today AND play defense in January.

10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

JT was CARRYING people to finish runs today.

He gets those "hidden" yards like Gore used to in his prime.

And NObody wants to see a team that can run the ball like Taylor did today AND play defense in January.

Hopefully  he can run like that versus bills

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Frank Gore never had that top end speed and home run ability. I think he's more similar to Nick Chubb with more speed.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Like Walter Payton or Earl Campbell?

That's who I'm reminded of right now.

They could always carry guys forward to get those hard yards, but could also get loose for a long TD.

No one....I mean no one reminds me of Earl Campell. He was one of a kind. There were 3 one of a kind running backs I have ever seen play. Campell, Sanders and Bo Jackson

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No one....I mean no one reminds me of Earl Campell. He was one of a kind. There were 3 one of a kind running backs I have ever seen play. Campell, Sanders and Bo Jackson

Sanders was so elusive  and fast. Jom brown was good to

11 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

The young Gore was certainly faster but he ran a 4.58 40 and he played like someone who runs a 4.58.

Taylor ran a 4.39.

I might say he's a poor man's Barkley.  He can kind of do it all. . . he can juke, truck, and he also has breakaway speed. 

Gore could truck and had great vision.  I don't think he ever had big time breakaway speed.  

Now to be fair I would say Gore probably still has slightly better vision than Taylor.  But he didn't seem to be nearly the all around athlete that Taylor is.  

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

Sanders was so elusive  and fast. Jom brown was good to

Brown had power and from what I remember had limited breakaway speed.  I think most stopped running after him because they thought he was going to be stopped, but he'd end up trucking some D player and kept going.  He was nowhere near as elusive as Sweetness or Sanders though.

Archived