Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Want Fleener Enough To Jump Into The Lower 1St Round?

Colt-in-Jax

Trust me Wright will be long gone, but if jenkins falls thats who i want at that pick!

I'd rather have Kirkpatrick, would give us a big physical corner opposite of powers that can press and play man. Jenkins has way too many red flags for me. Reminds me of Pacman Jones.

From that video I can bet that he won't fall far past the #34 pick if he falls that far. Still, we should have some fat options at #34. Brandon Thompson should be there, Jenoius Jenkins might fall. How about the RB from the Canes, Lamar? He's a STUD, but he might fall to #34 and he could be a future pro bowler.

I would take him in the 2nd round if he's there but there could be other positions that could be filed nicely in that round. 2nd round is probably going to be a hard choice. Do not trade up though. Take advantage of our drafting position .

I wonder if Fleener will be much of a run blocker in the nfl though.

How about the RB from the Canes, Lamar? He's a STUD, but he might fall to #34 and he could be a future pro bowler.

No, Lamar Miller is heavily overhyped. He has a great ability to get tackled by a blade of grass and can't run between the tackles. When there's a lane he'll break a long run but otherwise he'll go down at first contact. Plus, RB is far from a need and there really isn't a back worth the 2nd pick.

I wouldn't take Miller before the 4th round and even then it wouldn't be my favorite pick.

If Fleener is a close to a Gronk, Graham, Gonzolez, Finley, or Gates you would not want that kind of player? His measurables and his production say he is.

Gronk is a much better run blocker....much better. In fact all of those guys are much better run blockers....and they aren't even run blocking TEs. Fleener is much more like Aaron Hernandez than any of those guys you mentioned. Not worth a first round pick for a one dimensional player. We will be running the ball much much more in the new offense. Can not have a liability at TE. He is much more a flex TE one that you put out in the slot and no doubt can run and catch but that is not what we need here. Wasted pick if you ask me and I would be livid if we take him in the 2nd round much less trade for him. I would much rather have a bigger blocking TE..one that is athletic yes...perhaps motion back into the backfield and block on running plays maybe even..but Fleener doesn't fit that. We have Eldridge who hopefully can lock down the starting TE role but to just go out and waste a pick on a TE. We have much bigger needs at NT, CB, and LB...perhaps even WR.

In my opinion based on availability of Fleener.

If Fleener goes in round 1

round 1 - Luck

round 2 - NT or CB

round 3 - WR

round 4 - CB

round 5 - WR

remaining picks back ups and create depth

If Fleener falls to round 2

round 1 - Luck

round 2 - Fleener

round 3 - NT or CB

round 4 - WR

round 5 - CB

round 6 - WR

remaining picks back ups and create depth

Resign Dallas Clark for pennies for one year and draft TE next year.