Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Want Fleener Enough To Jump Into The Lower 1St Round?

Colt-in-Jax

I don't want Fleener period. Unless of course we could get him in the 4th or 5th rd.(which I know won't happen), then it would be a good pick for the Colts. Too many other needs to be drafting a TE at the top of the 2nd rd. and espesially to be giving picks away to get him late in the 1st.

I don't want Fleener period. Unless of course we could get him in the 4th or 5th rd.(which I know won't happen), then it would be a good pick for the Colts. Too many other needs to be drafting a TE at the top of the 2nd rd. and espesially to be giving picks away to get him late in the 1st.

No trades.. but I would take him in the 2nd in a heartbeat... I think the Colts will take a WR here tho.... Unless a stud CB is there.

I dont like TE at 34 either would like to get Gilmore at 34 but his stock is rising rising rising.

Trading our second (#34) and a 4th should allow us into the 25th pick area. That said, Orson Charles is just as good of a receiver IMO and he'll be there, and might be there in the 3ed.

That gets us up to 28 on the chart I looked at. Obviously, he'd be a great security blanket for our new QB.

Did anyone else read that the Colts were looking at a TE from Cincinnati, Adrien Robinson? I know nothing about him. Could just be a rumor.

I dont like TE at 34 either would like to get Gilmore at 34 but his stock is rising rising rising.

If Fleener is a close to a Gronk, Graham, Gonzolez, Finley, or Gates you would not want that kind of player? His measurables and his production say he is.

Know I am in the minority, but I like Fleener and liked him on the pro day at Stanford. Like his talent and that he and Luck have a connection and familiarity. Not sure of trading up for him though since we have so many needs and hate to lose a pick that could be needed and valuable.

Our needs are so great that I feel it would be best to shore up one side of the ball early in the draft, the offense. Fleener is a terrific looking receiving prospect with the added bonus of familiarity with our soon to be QB. I cannot stress enough how this would feed our scoring capability.

I've been chiming in for Fleener for a few months now, but NO, no we shouldn't trade off a pick to acquire him. If he's there take him. If not, as the OP stated, if we're set on getting a quality TE, Orson Charles would be a decent get @34. I would rather us not pick a TE @34 unless it's Fleener though.

If Fleener is a close to a Gronk, Graham, Gonzolez, Finley, or Gates you would not want that kind of player? His measurables and his production say he is.

Absolutely. What position he plays isn't as important as the impact he may provide. It's like when I hear people say that in todays NFL, taking a RB in the top 5 is foolish. I disagree if the RB is worthy. If a Marshall Faulk type was there, darn right pick him in the top-5.

Absolutely. What position he plays isn't as important as the impact he may provide. It's like when I hear people say that in todays NFL, taking a RB in the top 5 is foolish. I disagree if the RB is worthy. If a Marshall Faulk type was there, darn right pick him in the top-5.

I bet trent richardson goes in the top 5..

There are other players like Fleener in the draft. You got to remember this TE class really is not that great and while Fleener might be the best out of the ones in the draft in comparison to classes a few years ago even he Isn't that great when compared to some recent TEs that have been drafted. James Hannah and Ladarius Green are a couple of TE's that are like Fleener and great options later in the draft.

I want Fleener, but only if he is there at 34. We should have good players to select from at 34 though since some guys always tend to drop. Players like....

Dre Kirpatrick

Janoris Jenkins

Nick Perry

Whitney Mercilus

Kendall Wright

I would draft all these guys before Fleener.

Fleener would be great. Or Id like to see them draft the nose guard from Washington in the second round.

Ta'Amu to me is not worth the 34th pick. Made mid/late 2nd round, but definitely not the 34th pick. While he should make a decent NT, his disappearances in games at times as well as not being very quick off the line has me question if he's a 2nd rounder and instead a 3rd rounder.

No. It would be a real bonus if he drops to us in the 2nd round, but the main reason why picking him would be a bonus is because he's played with Luck. His athletic skills are great, but the fact of the matter is, he isn't that outstanding stat wise to jump in the first round to get him. In a rebuilding mode, the Colts must savour or keep as many picks as they can and slow build from there. The Colts should try to stay away from trading in the upcoming draft.

BTW, I think Richardson goes to #4 to the Browns. They lost their starter and need a guy to help McCoy badly. I think the Browns take Tannehill at 22.

Also, everyone should look out for Michael Egnew. I have a strong feeling the Colts will take him in the 4th round. Great tall strong TE with good hands and good leaping ability. Reminds me of Kyle Rudolph, but this time he'll pan out in the NFL.

No. It would be a real bonus if he drops to us in the 2nd round, but the main reason why picking him would be a bonus is because he's played with Luck. His athletic skills are great, but the fact of the matter is, he isn't that outstanding stat wise to jump in the first round to get him. In a rebuilding mode, the Colts must savour or keep as many picks as they can and slow build from there. The Colts should try to stay away from trading in the upcoming draft.

BTW, I think Richardson goes to #4 to the Browns. They lost their starter and need a guy to help McCoy badly. I think the Browns take Tannehill at 22.

I have no idea what player you and Blackhawk are watching but the one Coby Fleener I am talking about blows every other TE's stats out of the water. I would NOT trade any picks to move up for any player this year, too many holes to fill. But If he is there at 34 the Colts have to think long and hard about this kid.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/stats/playersort/NCAAF/TE

His Pro day 40 was 4.45, His vertical was 37", He did 225 23 times I believe..... Dude is a MONSTER I could live with a Luck to Fleener connection for the next 10 years.

This is the Fleener I am referring to....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9gvVQ73lg&feature=related

I have no idea what player you and Blackhawk are watching but the one Coby Fleener I am talking about blows every other TE's stats out of the water. I would NOT trade any picks to move up for any player this year, too many holes to fill. But If he is there at 34 the Colts have to think long and hard about this kid.

http://www.cbssports...ersort/NCAAF/TE

His Pro day 40 was 4.45, His vertical was 37", He did 225 23 times I believe..... Dude is a MONSTER I could live with a Luck to Fleener connection for the next 10 years.

This is the Fleener I am referring to....

If he's there at 34, they better take him. I'm just saying it's not worth going into the first round and getting him. He's an athletic beast, but his stats are that eye-opening. Dwayne Allen has better stats than Fleener and he even has a much worse QB. Going forward I rather have Fleener over any other TE, but it's not worth trading up to get him.

He was good in that game, but it helps to have Andrew Luck.

I could tell you a lot of negatives about Coby Fleener...

Bottomline, if he's there at 34, the Colts should snag him, I've always said that, but it's not worth trading up because I don't think he's a mid-late 1st round talent. In other words, I don't think it's worth trading up to the high 20s to get him, because his stats aren't that great. Just look at Jermaine Gresham, he had a much better college career than Fleener and he only went 21st.

Trading our second (#34) and a 4th should allow us into the 25th pick area. That said, Orson Charles is just as good of a receiver IMO and he'll be there, and might be there in the 3ed.

I saw we forgo Luck and use our 1st pick to assure we get Fleener.

I kid... I kid....

If he's there at 34, they better take him. I'm just saying it's not worth going into the first round and getting him. He's an athletic beast, but his stats are that eye-opening. Dwayne Allen has better stats than Fleener and he even has a much worse QB. Going forward I rather have Fleener over any other TE, but it's not worth trading up to get him.

He was good in that game, but it helps to have Andrew Luck.

I could tell you a lot of negatives about Coby Fleener...

Bottomline, if he's there at 34, the Colts should snag him, I've always said that, but it's not worth trading up because I don't think he's a mid-late 1st round talent. In other words, I don't think it's worth trading up to the high 20s to get him, because his stats aren't that great. Just look at Jermaine Gresham, he had a much better college career than Fleener and he only went 21st.

I agree with this post 100%.

Fleener's not that great (in terms of TE talent at large) that I would mortgage a draft to get.

i wouldnt trade picks for him. i have looked at over a dozen mock drafts in the 2 months and only three times have i seen fleener being projected to be taken in the first round. i know alot of you believe he will be taken in the late stages of the first round but alot of those teams are looking for defense and not offense. he will fall to the colts in the second round.....im saying it now

1st pick - Luck

2nd pick - Fleener

luck will have his TE with him in indy. and it will make that passing attack that much more dangerous.

No. We cant give away picks..(this year or next) .we need to filll holes and

....we need to give our front office guys a chance to find talent in the lower rounds.

But I recognize Fleener's talent and I hope he's still availbale at No. 34

I want Fleener, but only if he is there at 34. We should have good players to select from at 34 though since some guys always tend to drop. Players like....

Dre Kirpatrick

Janoris Jenkins

Nick Perry

Whitney Mercilus

Kendall Wright

I would draft all these guys before Fleener.

Trust me Wright will be long gone, but if jenkins falls thats who i want at that pick!

IMO you would have to trade into the top 20. Again, just my opinion, but I am calling my shot that he doesn't make it past the Bears at 19. Cutler needs that target.

He needs a Offensive Line bad theres a reason why he has not been finishing seasons lately he gets blasted or sacked 80-90 % of the time.