Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Bills 1pm Saturday Remaining 1st round schedule/Pre game Discussion thread (Merge)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, if Taylor plays like he did today, and the defense contains Allen, the Colts very well could blowout the Bills.  

I don't care who we play. I don't care when we play. I'm just glad that we're playing.

First game of the playoffs.   Let's shock the world!  

On 1/3/2021 at 9:52 PM, Arodgers12 said:

Colts win 34-33.

Allen leads his team down the field in 1 minute and scores a TD with 14 seconds left. Bass comes in to tie it as fans go wild in the stands throwing each other through tables.  Reich ices the kicker with a timeout. Bass comes back out and misses wide right. Colts win. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Allen leads his team down the field in 1 minute and scores a TD with 14 seconds left. Bass comes in to tie it as fans go wild in the stands throwing each other through tables.  Reich ices the kicker with a timeout. Bass comes back out and misses wide right. Colts win. 

Sounds good Dan, make it happen!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, krunk said:

How many times have you seen Rivers sacked on blitz? He usually makes a quick read and burns them the majority of the time.

If I had to bet most of his ints resulted from pressure though.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, Mitch Connors said:

I guess I dont understand why everyone is acting like the Bills are unstoppable and the Colts are terrible. I get that Josh Allen is great this year but (as we should all know) teams are more than just QBs.

Colts have 5 loses: Jags (season over), Titans (playoffs), Browns (playoffs), Steelers (playoffs) and Ravens (playoffs). Even if you think the Colts suck they've only lost to good teams (minus Jags week 1). Heck 6 of the teams left in the league the Colts either beat or hung with. 

The Bills have played vs 3 top 10 offenses this year and they lost to 2 of them (Titans & Chiefs). The Colts are #9.

Also worth noting the Colts have beaten 3 top 10 offenses (Packers #1, Titans #4 and Raiders #10).

The Colts defense is also ranked higher.

I just dont see the Bills rolling the Colts. 

Also, the Colts have won 3 games vs QB's rated higher than Allen (Rodgers, Watson x2)

Bills played the #1 rams,#2 dolphins and 4th pats  pass defenses in terms of pass touchdowns allowed ....allen put up 4 TDS on each one...defenses are not going to shut Allen down...Colts best chance is to play keep away and pound the rock with taylor....if the colts can gain a considerable edge in T.O.P then they could have a chance at the end

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Bills played the #1 rams,#2 dolphins and 4th pats  pass defenses in terms of pass touchdowns allowed ....allen put up 4 TDS on each one...defenses are not going to shut Allen down...Colts best chance is to play keep away and pound the rock with taylor....if the colts can gain a considerable edge in T.O.P then they could have a chance at the end

Welcome and good luck this weekend. Hoping for a great game.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

You cant really take colts fans predictions seriously every one is bias in favor of their team.  People will look so hard for flaws with the bills while ignoring the colts flaws .   Bills are favored for a reason , i just hope the colts put up a good game.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Welcome and good luck this weekend. Hoping for a great game.

Thank you should be a much better game than most think...Colts are decent everywhere..they can run the ball and play good defense

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but if Colts lose wouldn't they pick 22nd?

Only if washington, chicago, and LA lose

2 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Dont forget that the Colts are #2 in turnover ratio at +6. Hold on to your footballs. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Billever76 said:

At the risk of being argumentative...the Colts play offense too. This season the Colts score 28 points per game vs the Bills who average 31. Its not like the Colts average 14 points and the Bills average 82. 

I would say if Josh Allen doesn't throw for 4+ TD's the Bills may find themselves in serious trouble. The Colts on the other hand have won with the ground game, won with the defense and won with the passing game. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

At the risk of being argumentative...the Colts play offense too. This season the Colts score 28 points per game vs the Bills who average 31. Its not like the Colts average 14 points and the Bills average 82. 

I would say if Josh Allen doesn't throw for 4+ TD's the Bills may find themselves in serious trouble. The Colts on the other hand have won with the ground game, won with the defense and won with the passing game. 

I wouldn't call it a risk because anything can happen in the playoffs. 

No doubt it will be a tough game but who is to say for certain it will be the Bills that may have a tough time. 

All the pressure is on them, not us. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This game is going to show that we need a more dynamic offense. Better game breaking WR on offense and we need a more dynamic QB. The contrast will be sharp.

We done fine against Aaron Rogers and the Packers. 

I don't think the Bills are more potent than the Packers. 

Just saying.

• Like 2
On 1/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, chad72 said:

Anyone know if Frank was asked why Rivers was on the sidelines for several downs that JB is typically not used for? If yes, what did he say?

Frank said " I spoke to Doug Pederson before the game, and he said I should get my backup a few more snaps." :yahoo:

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Bills are averaging 47.3 pts their last three games. Yes I think the bills are better and more dynamic then the packers.

The Bills only faced 1 winning team in their last 5 regular seasons games. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bills only faced 1 winning team in their last 5 regular seasons games. 

Coincidentally, same as the Colts (steelers, yuck!)

Just for fun, I went to look on the Bills fan forum, and it seems that many of them seem to expect a blowout victory against us, calling out a “bad defense”.

I hope we go out there Saturday and show them just how good our defense really is!

Go Colts!!:coltshelmet:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Something to watch. I haven’t seen much Bills football this year. But it seems they thrive on the big play. Can we force them into a short passing game by using zone. I am not sure if Beasley will be playing so that takes some of the short passing game away. Zone might be more effective against this team then man.

6 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

@EastStreet

I was hoping to request a match-up breakdown from you.

Our defense vs their offense. There defense vs our offense. Rankings etc.

Thanks !!!

Sorry man. Off my game this week (and the last two). Have been traveling, busy, and exhausted lol. I just responded similarly to @krunk that I've made myself some go juice (SB Pike Place) and going to try and dig in tonight. Will pub something tomorrow at the latest, maybe later tonight if the go juice works fast :banana:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Do the colts ever have Hines and Taylor on the field at the same time?  Ever in a two back set?  I don’t think I’ve seen it. 

I've wondered about this. Use both backs to run and also throw screens, play action, etc

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I've wondered about this. Use both backs to run and also throw screens, play action, etc

That’s what I was thinking but I’m not an X’s and O’s guy.  Maybe @EastStreet can explain why, once his coffee kicks in that is 

10 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That’s what I was thinking but I’m not an X’s and O’s guy.  Maybe @EastStreet can explain why, once his coffee kicks in that is 

I'm currently making Yeti Mug #2, as the first didn't quite do the trick lol.

As far as the question, if it's happened, it hasn't happened much at all. I do seem to recall perhaps one set a few weeks ago that JT was in the backfield and Hines was lined up at slot, but not sure as I was multi tasking. 

I'm a big fan of having them both on the field at the same time though for 5-15% of snaps. I'd love JT on field 75-85%, and NH 30-45%. There's really no reason not to do that with Campbell not available. 

I'd love to, in general, use JT almost exclusively 0-20 and short yardage, and both interchangeably 20 to 20. And give them both the same % of passing targets so that teams can't adjust when there's a sub. The only forced adjustment would be when they are both on the field at the same time, and that would really screw up D sets.

• Thanks 1

If Colts win opening toss do you think they kick or receive 

There's clearly advantages and disadvantages of doing both. 

I think they should kick personally and hope Allen doesn't score first drive. 

if he does Colts might be playing catch up whole time