Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Road to the Super Bowl, yikes (Merge)

Chucklez

Just now, Chucklez said:

At Buffalo

At KC

Whoever is left in AFCCG

I’m glad we made the dance, but that’s gotta be one of the toughest routes to the Super Bowl in quite some time.

One game at a time, and please for the love of God, give the ball to Taylor!

Yea have to beat two best teams in afc arrg

Just now, RollerColt said:

Think of it this way, if we’re somehow able to beat both Buffalo and Kansas (a big if I know), then we’d be worthy enough to beat anyone.

Oh yeah, totally. I’m just preparing myself for an early out because that’s brutal.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Yea have to beat two best teams in afc arrg

Yeah, in hindsight I hadn't every thought about that with the new format. The 7th seed HAS to go through the top two seeds. Oof. Oh well, we may have lost to more of the top team than Wilson but we always made it competitive. We beat the top seed of the NFC. We can do it.

BUF & KC are probably the two best teams in the NFL right now, it will certainly be tough. However, BUF isn't unbeatable. They've had some really close games this year to teams that are far more questionable and when Colts actually want to play they can. We beat two great teams in TEN (handled BUF) and GB (NFC top seed). I could see us making it a game if we play with some better consistency.

KC on the other hand, they are so explosive. We beat them before by controlling the clock and running the ball down their damn throats so IF we get there, I could see us doing it again. 

RTDB!  

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’d love to meet the Steelers in the AFC Championship and get some revenge. 

If we did, and won, that’d be insane cause we’d knock off the 1, 2 and 3 seeds to make the Super Bowl.... as the 7th seed.

18 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

At Buffalo

At KC

Whoever is left in AFCCG

I’m glad we made the dance, but that’s gotta be one of the toughest routes to the Super Bowl in quite some time.

Big boy panties time. 

13 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Yeah, in hindsight I hadn't every thought about that with the new format. The 7th seed HAS to go through the top two seeds. Oof. Oh well, we may have lost to more of the top team than Wilson but we always made it competitive. We beat the top seed of the NFC. We can do it.

That's the thought I had about 15 mins ago dang.. the new format hates the 7th seed. We're taking on both bye teams lol to get to the chance to play in the AFCCG

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That's the thought I had about 15 mins ago dang.. the new format hates the 7th seed. We're taking on both bye teams lol to get to the chance to play in the AFCCG

At this point I am just glad we are in. 11-5 and playoffs is sweet. Had the Bills rested everyone we would've been screwed. 

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Think of it this way, if we’re somehow able to beat both Buffalo and Kansas (a big if I know), then we’d be worthy enough to beat anyone.

Except Pittsburgh.  We never seem to be able to beat that team in the playoffs. As long as we don't see them we have a chance to win  against anyone else. 

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’d love to meet the Steelers in the AFC Championship and get some revenge. 

4 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

If we did, and won, that’d be insane cause we’d knock off the 1, 2 and 3 seeds to make the Super Bowl.... as the 7th seed.

I'd love that.

If this team plays three games with no mistakes and does what it does well, we can beat anybody, and be in the Super Bowl.

:colts:

24 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

At Buffalo

At KC

Whoever is left in AFCCG

It’s as unlikely as our run in the playoffs 25 years ago.  I like our chances!

26 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

At Buffalo

At KC

Whoever is left in AFCCG

if we cant beat the top teams we dont belong as sb champs

For the Colts to make some noise in the playoffs...Frank Reich has got too be better.  Some of his play calls are tide changing momentum killers.  Please don't go overboard trying to make Jacoby some kind of secret wildcat weapon.  He really is not that dude...foreal. Quarterback sneaking is fine but other than those type of situations I prefer to just roll with Rivers.  

1 minute ago, Chucklez said:

Derp, this definitely makes much more sense. Thanks for the reminder/clarification.

No worries.  This season seems a lot like that. We have no chance in the first game and even if we get past them certainly no chance in kc. Then boom!

one can hope 

Archived