Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bills Predictions


Recommended Posts

On 1/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, coming on strong said:

the bills are gonna focus on stopping the run that is gonna be their whole game plan .  I would do what the browns did to our defense come out swinging off of playaction to open up the run game then pound taylor .

There’s a good chance that it’ll be too late to pound the run at that point.  You better run, run, run and run some more.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

first half colts - 27      second half bills 55

I don’t know if the Colts can win this game, but over the years they have beaten some top teams when they weren’t supposed to win. 

Colts 28 bills 24. 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, TheNextGM said:


Take away the long ball. Make them go 14,15,16 plays to score.. let Buckner and Leonard get hits and cause fumbles. 

Also hold them to field goals instead of  tds

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It will be Rhodes. Don’t forget they know each other very well. Something I hadn’t even thought about. There is a chance rock and Willis don’t make it back with a short week. They have to clear that protocol still and that means full practice I believe.


Rhodes is going to matchup 1 on 1 with diggs?  

 

you best throw blanket zone coverage on Diggs.  No chance Rhodes can stick with Diggs at this stage.  He may know the old Diggs.  This is a new breed.  
 

Use exotic zone blitz schemes and try and confuse Josh.  No offense, but your corners just don’t match up very well in man vs our WRs.  I’m a huge Fan of Kenny moore though.  It’s looking like Beasley is going to miss this game.  I’d take moore out of the slot and shadow Diggs if you want to go man vs him

 

run run run and run more reich.  That’s the only way to win this game imo.  Control the clock and do what the Giants did to the bills in the SB.  Reich saw it first hand.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JoshAllensArm said:


Rhodes is going to matchup 1 on 1 with diggs?  

 

you best throw blanket zone coverage on Diggs.  No chance Rhodes can stick with Diggs at this stage.  He may know the old Diggs.  This is a new breed.  
 

Use exotic zone blitz schemes and try and confuse Josh.  No offense, but your corners just don’t match up very well in man vs our WRs.  I’m a huge Fan of Kenny moore though.  It’s looking like Beasley is going to miss this game.  I’d take moore out of the slot and shadow Diggs if you want to go man vs him

 

run run run and run more reich.  That’s the only way to win this game imo.  Control the clock and do what the Giants did to the bills in the SB.  Reich saw it first hand.  

That's  all fine  and dandy but john  brown is  dangerous  to and McKenzie is very explosive 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JoshAllensArm said:

Because this isn’t the same Bills team as week 5.

I guess we will find out on saturday.  I've put pride on this one.  If we lose i have to buy and wear a bills jersey during the superbowl.  Really don't want to!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think we need to increase the amount of press coverage we play. Get our hands on these guys and disrupt the timing and his reads. 

The zone stuff will get the Colts beat by 2 or more scores if it's not used judiciously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The zone stuff will get the Colts beat by 2 or more scores if it's not used judiciously. 

You can do zone but you need to press, bracket, reroute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disclaimer;  I'm a lifelong Bills' fan.

 

I hate that the Bills are playing the Colts, they're my second favorite team.  Like almost every Bills' fan, I'm a huge Frank Reich fan and always hoped he would end up coaching the Bills someday.  I'm pretty happy with Sean McDermott though, he has helped turn around the program here in Buffalo after two decades of wandering in the desert.

 

My wife and I love Indy, we only live about three hours away.  We've never been to a Colt's game but have been inside Lucas Oil during Gen Con.  We go to Gen Con every year and really missed going last year.  Nothing like hitting the Steak N Shake next to the convention center at 2am during Gen Con.  It's like the bar scene from Star Wars.

 

I hope we have a good game this weekend, no injuries, no officiating fiascos, and may the best team win.  If you guys beat my Bills I'll be pulling for the Colts the rest of the way.     My prediction;   Bills 38   Colts 24

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I just want say, regardless of who we have to play and what ends up happening, I'm just stoked to be in the playoffs!

 

The excitement this week brings, even if most people think we will get blown out, is awesome.

 

That being said, I think we have a legit chance to beat Buffalo, and I expect to see our guys come out swinging.

Yep, I'm happy with this year's Colts, almost no matter what follows in the playoffs. It was a fun season with some great games. Overall a very enjoyable season for the Colts at least for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nickster said:

He looks friggin great.  I haven't watched him much, but I remember hearing alot of knocks on him last year and I thought he looked very talented even in the playoff loss.  He didn't have weapons was my impression.  

 

 

Don't recall which Bills game it was this year but during the broadcast they talked about how the Bills coaching staff adjusted Allen's throwing motion in the offseason. He used to be all shoulder and now he's using his hips and feet more/better which has changed his game entirely. In one season his completion percentage has increased by 11% because of it (58% to 69%)!

Sprinkle in the elusiveness and outright running ability and its easy to see why hes an MVP candidate this year.

 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/how-digital-mapping-helped-improve-bills-qb-josh-allens-mechanics/article_83fda5ea-3710-11eb-b84d-4bde5639daf9.html

This is a quick article about the changes - cant find the video but Im almost positive it was SNF. 

 

"When I tried to slow things down in my arm, it just didn’t feel right, and it didn’t come off the hand right," Allen said. "I was so, fastball, fastball, fastball my first year coming in. I did this really cool thing and I got my mechanics digitally mapped to show what was firing – (it is supposed to be) my hips, then my torso then your elbow and your hand firing, but my hand and elbow were firing near before my hips were. I wasn’t really incorporating any part of my legs in my motion. Being able to add my hips and make that as consistent as possible and try to slow everything else down up top and use my hand as the leverage for the speed and the accuracy has changed a lot of things. The accuracy has gone up, but it’s actually added some mph to my throwing power, too. It’s been a pretty cool process."

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

I think we’ve been favored in every game this season except Steelers after both tackles declared out.  Are you referring to past seasons?

Yes under luck we would beat the best teams as under dogs and lose or under perform against weak teams.   I still feel like colts under perform when being the favorite this year . The packers game the colts came out swinging on the second half 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

 

Don't recall which Bills game it was this year but during the broadcast they talked about how the Bills coaching staff adjusted Allen's throwing motion in the offseason. He used to be all shoulder and now he's using his hips and feet more/better which has changed his game entirely. In one season his completion percentage has increased by 11% because of it (58% to 69%)!

Sprinkle in the elusiveness and outright running ability and its easy to see why hes an MVP candidate this year.

 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/how-digital-mapping-helped-improve-bills-qb-josh-allens-mechanics/article_83fda5ea-3710-11eb-b84d-4bde5639daf9.html

This is a quick article about the changes - cant find the video but Im almost positive it was SNF. 

 

"When I tried to slow things down in my arm, it just didn’t feel right, and it didn’t come off the hand right," Allen said. "I was so, fastball, fastball, fastball my first year coming in. I did this really cool thing and I got my mechanics digitally mapped to show what was firing – (it is supposed to be) my hips, then my torso then your elbow and your hand firing, but my hand and elbow were firing near before my hips were. I wasn’t really incorporating any part of my legs in my motion. Being able to add my hips and make that as consistent as possible and try to slow everything else down up top and use my hand as the leverage for the speed and the accuracy has changed a lot of things. The accuracy has gone up, but it’s actually added some mph to my throwing power, too. It’s been a pretty cool process."

Hey man, I'll have what he's having if I'm a young up and coming QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I don’t know why but I’m feeling good about this game. Like Reich said all the pressure will be on the Bills. Also Allen is due for a bad game why not against us :rock:

 

I hope I can be as optimistic as you are.

 

In its last three games against teams in the playoff field -- Green Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh -- the Colts have allowed an average of 35 points and 390 yards. Plus, this seems very eerily similar to the KC Chiefs divisional round game in 2018. A team with a string of playoff losses coming in (KC then with 6 straight) and Bills now (no playoff win in 25 years), get to play the Colts on their home turf.

 

Unless Eberflus changes up his pass defense in an unpredictable fashion, it could be a long day vs Josh Allen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inigo_Montoya said:

Disclaimer;  I'm a lifelong Bills' fan.

 

I hate that the Bills are playing the Colts, they're my second favorite team.  Like almost every Bills' fan, I'm a huge Frank Reich fan and always hoped he would end up coaching the Bills someday.  I'm pretty happy with Sean McDermott though, he has helped turn around the program here in Buffalo after two decades of wandering in the desert.

 

My wife and I love Indy, we only live about three hours away.  We've never been to a Colt's game but have been inside Lucas Oil during Gen Con.  We go to Gen Con every year and really missed going last year.  Nothing like hitting the Steak N Shake next to the convention center at 2am during Gen Con.  It's like the bar scene from Star Wars.

 

I hope we have a good game this weekend, no injuries, no officiating fiascos, and may the best team win.  If you guys beat my Bills I'll be pulling for the Colts the rest of the way.     My prediction;   Bills 38   Colts 24

 

How's Stephon's oblique? Is Beasley out for sure?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I hope I can be as optimistic as you are.

 

In its last three games against teams in the playoff field -- Green Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh -- the Colts have allowed an average of 35 points and 390 yards. Plus, this seems very eerily similar to the KC Chiefs divisional round game in 2018. A team with a string of playoff losses coming in (KC then with 6 straight) and Bills now (no playoff win in 25 years), get to play the Colts on their home turf.

 

Unless Eberflus changes up his pass defense in an unpredictable fashion, it could be a long day vs Josh Allen.


Maybe it’s the unpredictability of the season and the pressure that’s going to be on Allen. No one is going to give us a shot. Who knows maybe a few Bills players might overlook us and think about who’d they face in the Divisional round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


Maybe it’s the unpredictability of the season and the pressure that’s going to be on Allen. No one is going to give us a shot. Who knows maybe a few Bills players might overlook us and think about who’d they face in the Divisional round.

That franchise hasn’t won a playoff game since before their starting QB was born.  I don’t think they are over looking anyone.  
 

However I do think all the pressure is on them to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

 

How's Stephon's oblique? Is Beasley out for sure?

 

Diggs will play.  Still don't know about Beasley.  Beasley is the only significant injury on the roster right now.  The Bills just got John Brown back at WR.  He had missed the last 6 games with a knee injury so that should help a bit.  The Colts should be able to hurt the Bills on the ground, our run defense is hit and miss.  Our defense is a bend but don't break kind of squad.  They try to limit drives to field goals and get some turnovers.  The Bills' passing offense has been hard to stop lately.  They are really clicking.  We are all praying for good weather in Buffalo this weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bills fans! Y'all are playing great. But I do expect this game to be close. For how down we are on our Colts team. We've been blown out once this year.. when our D-Line was out against Henry 2K lol. However, in crunch time. Time and time again Phil's inability to escape the rush has killed us... Specifically in loses to the Jags, Browns, and Steelers. I feel like they all ended the same way.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inigo_Montoya said:

 

Diggs will play.  Still don't know about Beasley.  Beasley is the only significant injury on the roster right now.  The Bills just got John Brown back at WR.  He had missed the last 6 games with a knee injury so that should help a bit.  The Colts should be able to hurt the Bills on the ground, our run defense is hit and miss.  Our defense is a bend but don't break kind of squad.  They try to limit drives to field goals and get some turnovers.  The Bills' passing offense has been hard to stop lately.  They are really clicking.  We are all praying for good weather in Buffalo this weekend.

Depends on how bills play us. Bills held Henry  to 3 yards a carry on 19 carries,  but clyde edwards ran all over them

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Inigo_Montoya said:

Disclaimer;  I'm a lifelong Bills' fan.

 

I hate that the Bills are playing the Colts, they're my second favorite team.  Like almost every Bills' fan, I'm a huge Frank Reich fan and always hoped he would end up coaching the Bills someday.  I'm pretty happy with Sean McDermott though, he has helped turn around the program here in Buffalo after two decades of wandering in the desert.

 

My wife and I love Indy, we only live about three hours away.  We've never been to a Colt's game but have been inside Lucas Oil during Gen Con.  We go to Gen Con every year and really missed going last year.  Nothing like hitting the Steak N Shake next to the convention center at 2am during Gen Con.  It's like the bar scene from Star Wars.

 

I hope we have a good game this weekend, no injuries, no officiating fiascos, and may the best team win.  If you guys beat my Bills I'll be pulling for the Colts the rest of the way.     My prediction;   Bills 38   Colts 24

Honestly  I rather not face you guys either. If you do beat us I need you to do one thing. Eliminate the  Steelers  at all costs lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hi Bills fans! Y'all are playing great. But I do expect this game to be close. For how down we are on our Colts team. We've been blown out once this year.. when our D-Line was out against Henry 2K lol. However, in crunch time. Time and time again Phil's inability to escape the rush has killed us... Specifically in loses to the Jags, Browns, and Steelers. I feel like they all ended the same way.. 

No we lost those because  it will be 3rd and 6 or worst and instead of aiming for first down rivers will go deep and miss and then it's  4th and 6 and you get another miss or an int. Frank Reich has called  so dumb calls in that situation to  like reverses that get stopped  for a loss or not running at all 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Inigo_Montoya said:

Disclaimer;  I'm a lifelong Bills' fan.

 

I hate that the Bills are playing the Colts, they're my second favorite team.  Like almost every Bills' fan, I'm a huge Frank Reich fan and always hoped he would end up coaching the Bills someday.  I'm pretty happy with Sean McDermott though, he has helped turn around the program here in Buffalo after two decades of wandering in the desert.

 

My wife and I love Indy, we only live about three hours away.  We've never been to a Colt's game but have been inside Lucas Oil during Gen Con.  We go to Gen Con every year and really missed going last year.  Nothing like hitting the Steak N Shake next to the convention center at 2am during Gen Con.  It's like the bar scene from Star Wars.

 

I hope we have a good game this weekend, no injuries, no officiating fiascos, and may the best team win.  If you guys beat my Bills I'll be pulling for the Colts the rest of the way.     My prediction;   Bills 38   Colts 24

My cousin is a lifelong fan of the Bills and I’m happy you guys are finally successful, so if the Colts don’t pull off the upset you have my fanship the rest of the way

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stephen said:

No we lost those because  it will be 3rd and 6 or worst and instead of aiming for first down rivers will go deep and miss and then it's  4th and 6 and you get another miss or an int. Frank Reich has called  so dumb calls in that situation to  like reverses that get stopped  for a loss or not running at all 

Yupp 3rd and 7 or 8 and phil dropping back and holding the ball forever, hands swiping at the ball and guys all in his face.. the throw is way down the field and just overthrown 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

 

Nothing. When the Chiefs beat them, KC didnt even have a sack IIRC. They just pressured him excellently, and Allen's accuracy took a dip in the rain.

Allen was wearing a sling on his shoulder for four games, that was one of them. The accuracy issues in that game where a combination of a few things, injury, defensive pressure, and weather.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, krunk said:

This one reminds me of Colts vs Broncos playoff game when we went to Denver and beat them. Same kind of talk too.

I dunno. '14 Broncos had a midseason slump til the end and we had the luxury of playing the corpse of Peyton Manning in that Divisional. Meanwhile the Bills are on a 6 game win streak and Allen is having the time of his life.

 

I still think we will win, but I have a feeling Saturday's game will be a lot crazier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we don't see the ultra tight formation with nobody out wide on 3/4th and 2 that get stuffed I'm good :).

 

Colts have to avoid any dry slumps, keep TOP in our favor and try to fluster the young QB by not giving him many possessions (or limit them off course). 

 

Definitely doable, but not if the zombie Colts show up for a quarter or two 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 6:20 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Bills are not the team many are suggesting. What ‘top’ teams did they beat? Steelers at a push, and Seahawks. Their schedule could be papering over some cracks. I expect we have a chance. 

Besides Tennessee (whom happened to beat us, also), the only good team we beat was Green Bay.

Cleveland beat us.

Pittsburgh beat us

Baltimore beat us.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pogi said:

Besides Tennessee (whom happened to beat us, also), the only good team we beat was Green Bay.

Cleveland beat us.

Pittsburgh beat us

Baltimore beat us.

 

Playoffs are a new season 

Everything in the past means nothing now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This is off my head and not from a simulator
    • Round 1 #21 A Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech B Jaelen Phillips EDGE Miami C Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota    Round 2 #54 A Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama  B Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss C Brevin Jordan TE Miami   Round 4 #127 A Jacoby Stevens S/LB LSU B Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame C Keith Taylor CB Washington   Round 5 #165 A Shaka Toney EDGE Penn State B Paris Ford S Texas C Sage Surratt WR Wake Forest   Round 6 #206 A Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida B Derrick Barnes LB Purdue  C Shakur Brown CB Michigan State   Round 7 #248 A Darrick Forrest S Cincinnati  B Josh Ball OT Marshall C Sadarius Hutcherson OL South Carolina   Trade: Yes
    • I always try to break down rounds into thirds.    Top-10, Bottom-10, and the middle, however big that is.   That's why you see my first round divided up as it is. If you have questions about any players on the list, or off the list,  please feel free to ask.   1.   Lawrence      QB1 2.   Pitts               TE1 3.   Wilson           QB2 4.   Chase           WR1 5.   Sewell           OT1 6.   Smith            WR2 7.   Fields            QB3 8.   Waddle          WR3 9.   Lance            QB4 10. Slater             OT2     11. Parsons        LB1 12. Surtain          CB1 13. Paye              DE1 14. Horn              CB2 15. Jones            QB5 16. Farley            CB3 17. JOK               LB2 18. Darrisaw        OT3 19. AVT               OG1 20. Phillips          DE2 21. Newsome     CB4 22. Barmore        DT1     23. Bateman      WR4 24. Cosmi          OT4 25. Etienne         RB1 26. Jenkins        OT5 27. Toney           WR5 28. Harris           RB2 29. Dickerson     C1 30. Ojulari          OLB1 31. Collins         LB3 32. Moehring     SAF1    
    • Wish I knew who was still available for each of your picks.    To decide how I liked it 
    • I think this is your best mock!   Congrats!    Well done!!  
  • Members

    • tannurr

      tannurr 7

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonColt

      ClaytonColt 288

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr. Irrelevant

      Mr. Irrelevant 271

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 623

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...