Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bills Predictions

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Defensively we need to adjust our scheme to deal with all this 3 step drop game that weve been giving up since the Pitt game.

I'd also like to see them blitz more. The reality is, the defense has struggled to get consistent pressure with the front 4 only and the big plays/sacks mostly came when they blitzed yesterday and against the Steelers.

It felt like once again the defense let their foot off the gas when they went up 20-0. They went from playing more tight man coverage to zone and Jacksonville carved them up.

If they are somehow in a position with a decent lead over the Bills, I hope they don't do the same thing they did against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh and instead keep bringing the pressure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

first half colts - 27      second half bills 55

I don’t know if the Colts can win this game, but over the years they have beaten some top teams when they weren’t supposed to win. 

Folks been saying stuff like "take the foot off the gas", and such. I think Frank has been sandbagging more than a few new looks. Getting to the postseason with everything you do on film, is not usual

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

That's up to Reich and Flus to figure out.

I know it is a tall order, which is why I said "slow down" instead of shut down.  KC, NE, and LAC all held them under 200 yards passing, so it's not impossible.

Slow down Bills passing O. THEN Slow down KC's passing O. THEN Slow down whoever gets to the AFCCG. THEN Slow down whoever gets to the SB.

WinZ all around! Go Colts.

I hope our defensive staff can pull some rabbits out, the defense has been pretty poor lately.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

We have the on-field talent to win this one. I suspect Frank's game plan will be our weakest link.

Im worried about that and how we will deal with things if they choose to spread us out and go with the quick short stuff. If Frank gets us a good game plan and we control the short passing game well I think we will be fine. Also have to quit with the long 2nd half scoring drouts.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, krunk said:

Sure it does. It tells me we are at least on their level.  Nothing wrong with making some base level assumptions. It would only be wrong if i said bc Tenn blew them out then we will as welI. I knew some person like yourself would chime in with one of these kind of statements. I definitely feel safe in assuming we can compete or beat this team. What reason do i have to feel otherwise? We havent been out of any game against any opponent all year long when weve had all our important pieces in place. Dont have a problem using Tenn as a comp. I think half of you have a grass is greener on the other side mentality anyway. You love looking at these other teams and falling in love with who they have and then saying we will get crushed bc of it. Sports dont work like that eithet right?

It's a false equivalency you made but sure, it doesn't matter. Tennessee destroyed them so we can be confident against them. I'm not sure where the correlation is I guess.

FYI I don't think Buffalo blows us out. I have them winning by a single score, and frankly if our defense tightens up and plays just a tad better than they have in the last two weeks, I'd actually lean towards Indy winning. So no, I'm not looking at who Buffalo is and falling in love with them, this Colts team has beat better sides in my eyes (TN, GB) already this season, and has hung with sides as challenging (BLT, CLV who're not better but present issues that Buffalo just doesn't offer). 

Before Sunday, I was very concerned about our LT play. Not anymore. 

Colts are currently 7 point underdogs on William Hill. I just laid some money on the Colts to win (moneyline). It would be a nice payout for me. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

We have the on-field talent to win this one. I suspect Frank's game plan will be our weakest link.

I think Eberflus and his soft zone he falls into instead of the attacking style with the tools he has is the weakest link.  it puts the offense in bad situations.  For example, his soft play and zone almost let the jags back into he game.  Even Coach Venturi was questioning why using the drive and points given up by the D at the end of the 1st half "Disgusting".

32 minutes ago, Restored said:

I'd also like to see them blitz more. The reality is, the defense has struggled to get consistent pressure with the front 4 only and the big plays/sacks mostly came when they blitzed yesterday and against the Steelers.

It felt like once again the defense let their foot off the gas when they went up 20-0. They went from playing more tight man coverage to zone and Jacksonville carved them up.

If they are somehow in a position with a decent lead over the Bills, I hope they don't do the same thing they did against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh and instead keep bringing the pressure.

Yeah we do have this thing where after we get up about 17 to 0 we play like we know the game is over. Cant do that in the playoffs!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

My specific concern is that some of the 'creative' (read; off the wall) play calling causes us to lose momentum and focus. There is a rhythm and flow to winning games.

Yeah Frank makes me mad when he gets cute for no damn reason.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Slow down Bills passing O. THEN Slow down KC's passing O. THEN Slow down whoever gets to the AFCCG. THEN Slow down whoever gets to the SB.

WinZ all around! Go Colts.

I hope our defensive staff can pull some rabbits out, the defense has been pretty poor lately.

Hey, I totally agree that the pass defense has been disappointing.  Just trying to lay out what we'll have to do to pull the upset.  Not sure why you're getting snarky.  We know we are underdogs, but a win at Buffalo isn't impossible.

Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

Hey, I totally agree that the pass defense has been disappointing.  Just trying to lay out what we'll have to do to pull the upset.  Not sure why you're getting snarky.  We know we are underdogs, but a win at Buffalo isn't impossible.

Not trying to be snarky at all. Sorry if it has come off that way.

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im worried about that and how we will deal with things if they choose to spread us out and go with the quick short stuff. If Frank gets us a good game plan and we control the short passing game well I think we will be fine. Also have to quit with the long 2nd half scoring drouts.

Yeah, that second half was brutal against the Jags.  Plays of 5, 3, 4, 7, 5, 2, 5 resulted in a missed field goal, an interception, 3 punts, a touchdown, and a drive to end the game.  Losing on 5 possessions in a row (no points) will not win in the playoffs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Anything can happen in one game , the Titans blew out the bills 46 to 14

I was just about to post that. 42 to 16.  IF the titans can do that why not the colts?  

I think the Colts matchup better than most people think but the Vegas line of 7 is pretty tight and about right, IMO. Do the Colts D play like the first half of the season or the second? The first half of the game or the second? Commit to the run and they have a shot. I’ll go Buffalo 24-17.

15 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

He had a new wrinkle today with putting JB in on 3rd and 5. Maybe run Hines up the middle on 3rd and goal? Should be interesting. 

And 2nd and 11 right before that.

I have been a Reich supporter, but I hope Ballard gets rid of JB so this strange addiction Frank has to JB is broken.  

The Colts are enigmatic.  They are incredibly streaky.  

I AM A TAYLOR GUY NOW.  BOUGHT THE JERSEY.  WILL HAVE IT ON SATURDAY.

But I definitely don't think run game will be the key.  PR and the recievers will dicate what kind of point total we will have.  Taylor ran for a million yds and we scored only 8 points in the 2nd half.  

Defensively, eesh.  I think this is a tought match up.   Everyone will struggle with Diggs, but I don't like our match up there at all.

Allen breaking containment is also a major concern.

I'm having a hard time seeing the light here after watching their B team dismantle the Fish.

Still going homer.   Colts 31 Bills 24.   

Allen still not ready for Prime Time I hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

This is the temperature over on the Bills main site.....(quote)

"So Bills won’t know their 2nd round opponent until after Browns Steelers Sunday night"

Pretty much. My Bills co-worker is the same way. They are flying high!

Since Buffalo is allowing fans, hopefully Jordan Poyer brings his wife, and she can gracefully cheer(distract) all the Bills sideline:thmup:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

It is kind if funny but both the Colts and Bills defence are kind of similar. Fraziers roots are  in the Tampa 2; coached under Dungy. There should be a lot of familiarity with both offences facing these zone D schemes. I think it comes down to what fronts can dominate. I kind of give the edge to the Colts O and D lines. God, I have to stop being so posiitve. I feel like Scrooge who woke up Xmas day and has a new outlook on the Colts. Lol.  I really just think it is a good match up for the Colts.

Your positive but right. If we do win it will be because of the trenches. We need the dline to play it's best game they've played all season. We need the DEs to show up big. Keep Allen contained in the pocket while DeFo brings the inside pressure.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I know their defense is stout but if we play our game the best we can, it will limit them offensively. 

True, but against the run, they are in the bottom half of the league. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

True, but against the run, they are in the bottom half of the league. 

Thank you. I was trying to find the run defense ranking online but for some reason I'm unable to find it. Do you know what they rank?

27 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Thank you. I was trying to find the run defense ranking online but for some reason I'm unable to find it. Do you know what they rank?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-rushing-yards-per-game

They are just a couple of yards away form the bottom third. Mind you, running in the playoffs is hard for anyone, and I do think the Bills defense is a stout test. They likely will take more advantage of our pass defense, than the Colts will of their run defense. 

3 hours ago, runthepost said:

Diggs vs Ya-Sin is going to be fun for someone

It will be Rhodes. Don’t forget they know each other very well. Something I hadn’t even thought about. There is a chance rock and Willis don’t make it back with a short week. They have to clear that protocol still and that means full practice I believe.

I don't think the Colts can blow out Buffalo. I'd be crazy to think that but in a poetic way, I'd do villainous things to see Indy do to Buffalo the exact thing those Chargers teams used to do to #18 in the playoffs :D I'd take that all day. It never seemed to matter how hot the Colts offense was going in....San Diego just shut that noise down. 2005, 2007, 2008. 

I think the football gods owe me that. Anyone else feels owed? 

I don't think the Colts presently have the defensive qualities those Chargers teams had but it's not that far off.