Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor

danlhart87

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

at this point Taylor has done more than enough to be the work horse

I wouldn’t mind Mack to play the Dominic Rhoades role. 

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

Taylor is the man and will be rewarded as the starting running back here on in....

I get a feeling we’re going to see more Hines next week. A lot more Hines. 

20 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

But but but guys i thought he was Trent Richardson 2.0 gosh darn it he tricked us all

Speak for yourself  I knew he was going to be  good from the start. Was hoping  he'd  set the rookie record  but took longer to get going than expected 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Taylor 30 253 2

Henry 34 250 2

If I told you Henry ran for 250 would you believe Taylor ran bit better?

My son had both in our FF finals.

Still wasn't enough to over take my big lead from week 1 of finals where I had Kamara and Mike Evans give me 90pts between the two of them.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Adrian Peterson upon returning from his torn MCL (Maybe not the same injury, but a devastating injury, nevertheless)

2012. 16 GP 348 ATT 2,097 T.YDS 6.0 AVG 12 TDs 40 RCPTs 217 YDS 1 TD

Sorry Achilles and MCL are no where near each in comparison on injury spectrum.

AP is a different breed, also.

I don't anticipate Mack coming back and doing much of anything. Achilles for a RB, who already have short shelf lives, is pretty close to career ender.

MCL isn't even too bad an injury. Talking 2 months(MCL), 9-12 months (Achilles)

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sorry Achilles and MCL are no where near each in comparison on injury spectrum.

AP is a different breed, also.

I don't anticipate Mack coming back and doing much of anything. Achilles for a RB, who already have short shelf lives, is pretty close to career ender.

MCL isn't even too bad an injury. Talking 2 months(MCL), 9-12 months (Achilles)

we’ve seen Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, and Knowshon Moreno put up top-tier numbers after ACL surgery.

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

we’ve seen Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, and Knowshon Moreno put up top-tier numbers after ACL surgery.

I think you are agreeing with me, but maybe not?

Yes ACL/MCL injuries can be overcome. More so now than in the past.

ACL is not Achilles, though.

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think you are agreeing with me, but maybe not?

Yes ACL/MCL injuries can be overcome. More so now than in the past.

ACL is not Achilles, though.

Curtis Martin,

NYG Andrew Brown

7 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Well, the point being, it’s not unprecedented to come back from a major injury and be as good as before.  For Mack, that bar is pretty low, as he has only really flashed potential, in between always being nicked up.  Based on that, I would not be at all surprised if he returned to the field with the same durability issues with flashes of potential mixed in. 

I think you are missing Chucklez point it IS unprecedented for a RB to come back even close to his former self after an achilles injury. I made the same point when Vick Ballard blew his achilles. Here is an article that explains further. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nfl.com/_amp/achilles-tendon-tear-a-death-knell-for-running-backs-0ap1000000224126&ved=2ahUKEwjDrNXv_IHuAhXEo54KHeZsDiAQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2guxzHikpv01xk2wTD84n7&ampcf=1

27 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think you are missing Chucklez point it IS unprecedented for a RB to come back even close to his former self after an achilles injury. I made the same point when Vick Ballard blew his achilles. Here is an article that explains further. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nfl.com/_amp/achilles-tendon-tear-a-death-knell-for-running-backs-0ap1000000224126&ved=2ahUKEwjDrNXv_IHuAhXEo54KHeZsDiAQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2guxzHikpv01xk2wTD84n7&ampcf=1

Thank you, i was looking for this very article last night (it was about 2am my time when i wrote that last post), but couldnt find it!

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

As long as we run the damn ball i am fine with whatever 

This.  This is what Reich should've did last week.  The going got tough in the second half again but we stuck with the run and it paid off.  We're not a finesse team.  We need to continue to punch these teams in the mouth with JT.

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I do believe Nick recently gave Taylor credit for improving a few weeks ago so at least he will admit his error.

As far as Taylor goes I hope we keep feeding him

It's so obvious that Taylor is improving - as most people predicted - that there is no possibility of denying it. Nickster has been gradually revising his view of Taylor in recent weeks, while denying how adamantly negative and wrong he was about him early in the season. 

45 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Can't say I've seen alot of people use this comparison before, but whenever I watch him, he reminds me so much of Saquon Barkley.

I brought it up in preseason, Taylor faster, Barkley a tad stronger but playing vs the same exact big 10 Defenses week to week Taylor's numbers dwarfed barkley's by quite a bit. Taylor had the better o line for sure but the difference between the two was noticeable.

9 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Curtis Martin,

NYG Andrew Brown

Curtis Martin suffered an Achilles injury in college, but nothing I can find shows to what extent. Please provide info showing it was major. As he injured it 10 games in sophomore year and played 1st game of the Junior year. Was likely a minor sprain/ or soreness, definitely not a full tear or rupture.

Brown? What did he do afterwards?

Bottom line is, Mack has his work cut out for him, to come back and have any kind of significant impact, and it is not likely.

To top that off, we really don't need him. If he wants to take league minimum non guaranteed, why not, otherwise there is no need when cap funds are already not very good.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Mack is just as good as Taylor . If we had both colts would of rushed for over 2000 yards 

Taylor is far more talented than Mack. And I'm a big fan of Mack. Just completely different caliber of players. 

Archived