Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are going to the playoffs!

Just now, ReMeDy said:

What happens if Titans win? Because right now they just scored and are winning.

Then we play buffalo

It was disgusting to watch us killing them with run but frank comes out and try’s to force the pass drive after drive only for Taylor to break out big runs if not for them explosive runs frank would have tried to throw the ball

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Ya we are but I’m concerned that if we try to limit Josh Allen with run game frank will do every everything he can to try to get away from the run and force the pass 

Texans are driving. We can still get the division 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And the texans pull a raider defense.

All they have to do is mimic our defense every time we have a lead and they go to OT. Tampa 2 / Cover 2 or even Cover 4 for the remainder of regulation and that play doesn’t happen. 

it was also poor execution by the safety. Don’t think he was supposed to bail out underneath 

We made the playoffs. Do not like our chances against Buffalo. Josh Allen is very good and has some weapons. We will need to play a lot better and defense than we have. I think we need to control clock and have solid running game to win.

Count me as happy the Colts got in.  Missing the playoffs at 11-5 would have been a gut punch, especially with a 10-6, 8-8, and either a 7-9 or 6-10 team in the playoffs in the NFC.  I want the Colts to win next week but I can handle losing to the Bills.  

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I didn't see the game.  How did Veldeer do in his first start?  I'm assuming we didn't have to move Nelson over.

He done just fine. He did have a penalty that called a JT TD back but other than that he played great. 

A smart pick up by Ballard no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For us older fans an old school AFC East battle.

It's funny because we usually played them well when we were average and they were awesome in the 90's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, IinD said:

For us older fans an old school AFC East battle.

It's funny because we usually played them well when we were average and they were awesome in the 90's.

Inner division games are tough. 

The Texans put a huge scare into the Titans today just to make a point. :sip:

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Eh, we've beaten better yes than Buffalo.  We've also lost to worse teams.  No one can say with any certainty what will happen.  

Exactly....I respect Buffalo but they are not an unbeatable juggernaut. They had a good regular season but the playoffs are an entirely different animal.  This Bills team is still searching for some post season success. I think the Colts have a chance in this one.  

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think we have the talent to hang with the Bills.  My fear is Reich.  He doesn't seem capable of making positive adjustments.  

Agreed...Frank Reich is the biggest threat to the Colts offense in my opinion.  Whatever rhythm we establish...he is sure to do something that goes away from what is working and kill momentum.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I certainly understand the Ingram intrigue but I'd have to go with Kerrigan here. His body has a lot more left in the tank than Ingram and his body is as healthy as can be due to Washington's dominant young d-line. Kerrigan could certainly give us 1-2 years of above average play! 
    • I remember it like yesterday, then read the reasons shortly after the selection, and they made sense.  Edge played at The U, which ran the stretch, and the Colts were running it as well.  Edge also had fewer miles on his legs, due to being in running back by committee for most of his career there.  Lastly, Edge was the better receiver and pass blocker.    I sometimes wonder if Ditka thought about making that insane offer to the Colts first? 
    • I don't care how he tested (especially this year, when all those pro-day tests are under serious question)... I care how he plays and how he looks on tape. Players that didn't test off-the-charts are some of the best playmakers in football - Mahomes ran 4.82 with 30 inch vertical. I'd take him over any of the best athletes in the league making plays on the move. With that said... I don't see Mac Jones in similar light even though they tested very similarly. I don't think he's stuck in mud in the pocket. But I do not think he has enough mobility to scramble when needed. He will be one of the worst scrambling starting QBs in the league IMO. I think him scrambling will be extremely rare in the league. I just don't think he has the mobility and physical talent to do it while launching the ball downfield.    I like him too. But there are levels to this thing. I like him as a late first-second round QB. I think he can be a good productive QB in the right system(Shannahan system for example). I don't like him enough to give up 3 1st round picks + 3d for him, though. This is my whole contention here. He's just not THAT type of player IMO. Lance and Fields are. 
    • You may end up being right, but I hope that we add some talent here   As a HUGE Ohio State fan....  I WANT Lewis to step up....  He seemed to improve a bit, but, in my opinion there needs to be a talent influx on the DE   I have a recurring nightmare of Patrick M........ getting 30 seconds to throw...
    • Also, just because I'm starting to feel some kind of way about this, Mac Jones is getting short changed these days. He's a really good prospect, and people are treating him like he's an unathletic bum with no arm.   Blake Bortles went #3 in 2014. Sam Darnold went #3, and Josh Rosen went #10 in 2018. None of them were unable to succeed due to athletic shortcomings. Mac Jones tested just as good, if not better, than all of them. (Bortles was actually pretty good as a scrambler, despite his mediocre testing.) I already used the Jared Goff comparison; he went #1 in 2016, and went to the SB in 2018. Mac Jones tested as good as Goff.   He doesn't have super speed or quickness, but he's not stuck in mud. He moves well enough to stay alive in the pocket, and he has enough movement ability to scramble when needed. He doesn't have a cannon of an arm, but his arm is not deficient. He's very good from the pocket, he processes well, not a one-read thrower, very accurate, and tough.    If Bortles, Darnold and Goff could go top five in the last 7 years, so can Mac Jones. Of course, he needs to be better than them to live up to that draft status, but again, their issues weren't about lacking athleticism.    Just saying, again, the anti-Mac stuff is getting a little overboard. I like Fields and Lance better, but Mac Jones being desirable isn't entirely outrageous.
  • Members

• Onthefence

Onthefence 0

Rookie
    • CoachLite

CoachLite 416

• WentzinRome

WentzinRome 53

• stitches

stitches 8,444

• compuls1v3

compuls1v3 553