Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are going to the playoffs!

Just now, ReMeDy said:

What happens if Titans win? Because right now they just scored and are winning.

Then we play buffalo

It was disgusting to watch us killing them with run but frank comes out and try’s to force the pass drive after drive only for Taylor to break out big runs if not for them explosive runs frank would have tried to throw the ball

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Ya we are but I’m concerned that if we try to limit Josh Allen with run game frank will do every everything he can to try to get away from the run and force the pass 

Texans are driving. We can still get the division 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And the texans pull a raider defense.

All they have to do is mimic our defense every time we have a lead and they go to OT. Tampa 2 / Cover 2 or even Cover 4 for the remainder of regulation and that play doesn’t happen. 

it was also poor execution by the safety. Don’t think he was supposed to bail out underneath 

We made the playoffs. Do not like our chances against Buffalo. Josh Allen is very good and has some weapons. We will need to play a lot better and defense than we have. I think we need to control clock and have solid running game to win.

Count me as happy the Colts got in.  Missing the playoffs at 11-5 would have been a gut punch, especially with a 10-6, 8-8, and either a 7-9 or 6-10 team in the playoffs in the NFC.  I want the Colts to win next week but I can handle losing to the Bills.  

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I didn't see the game.  How did Veldeer do in his first start?  I'm assuming we didn't have to move Nelson over.

He done just fine. He did have a penalty that called a JT TD back but other than that he played great. 

A smart pick up by Ballard no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For us older fans an old school AFC East battle.

It's funny because we usually played them well when we were average and they were awesome in the 90's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, IinD said:

For us older fans an old school AFC East battle.

It's funny because we usually played them well when we were average and they were awesome in the 90's.

Inner division games are tough. 

The Texans put a huge scare into the Titans today just to make a point. :sip:

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Eh, we've beaten better yes than Buffalo.  We've also lost to worse teams.  No one can say with any certainty what will happen.  

Exactly....I respect Buffalo but they are not an unbeatable juggernaut. They had a good regular season but the playoffs are an entirely different animal.  This Bills team is still searching for some post season success. I think the Colts have a chance in this one.  

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think we have the talent to hang with the Bills.  My fear is Reich.  He doesn't seem capable of making positive adjustments.  

Agreed...Frank Reich is the biggest threat to the Colts offense in my opinion.  Whatever rhythm we establish...he is sure to do something that goes away from what is working and kill momentum.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's no secret my favorite player in the draft is Liam Eichenberg.  Started 36 games the last three years for the Irish at Left Tackle, allowing only 3 total sacks, all of them in 2018.  Not a single sack the past 2 seasons.  This season, allowed only 1 QB hit.  And remember, their opponents included the pass rushing terror squad from Pitt.  Nada.  He's not the most athletic, and has a limited ceiling.  But his high-grade technique makes him plug and play ready today.  8.56 RAS score, mostly coming from his strength and agility scores.  Not so much on explosion.  The biggest knock on him is his 32 3/8" arms.  That's not poor.  That's downright bad.  And yet, he earns multiple first team all American honors, and keeps his QB clean.  It's a serious reach to take him at #21.  But I would do it.  My favorite player.
    • Alright guys, 1st round of team selection is over. We'll go in reverse order for team2. Only going to wait an hour for each. If you miss your window, you can still jump in and pick a 2nd team later. Chad and I will take all the leftovers if any.   1 @WarGhost21 Colts 2 @chad72 - jags 3 @Archer jets 4 @Nickster  - Patriots 5 @EastStreet - Dolphins 6 @JoeThornburg -  Pitt 7 @BProland85 - 49ers 8 @Defjamz26 - Eagles 9 @Qwiz - Houston  10 @jvan1973 - Falcons 11 @PRnum1 - Chargers 12 @SaturdayAllDay - Saints 13 @danlhart87 - Chiefs  14 @RNGDShobby - Lions 15 @MPStack - Panthers  16 @JediXMan - Ravens 17 @stitches - Bengals 18 @ColtsGermany - Broncos 19 @luv_pony_express - Cowboys 20. @DiogoSales - Giants 21. @Coltsman1788 - Washington   @DiogoSales - you're up again if you want a second team (1788 passed on a 2nd team) @luv_pony_express #2?
    • I’ll take the Washington Football Team.
    • 1 @WarGhost21 Colts 2 @chad72 - jags 3 @Archer jets 4 @Nickster  - Patriots 5 @EastStreet - Dolphins 6 @JoeThornburg -  Pitt 7 @BProland85 - 49ers 8 @Defjamz26 - Eagles 9 @Qwiz - Houston  10 @jvan1973 - Falcons 11 @PRnum1 - Chargers 12 @SaturdayAllDay - Saints 13 @danlhart87 - Chiefs  14 @RNGDShobby - Lions 15 @MPStack - Panthers  16 @JediXMan - Ravens 17 @stitches - Bengals 18 @ColtsGermany - Broncos 19 @luv_pony_express - Cowboys 20 - Giants
    • Sorry,  long response.   Much to respond to.   To the Wilson ranking....   sorry, no.    That's NOT the way it works.    Wison may be tied in grade with over 30-something other players,  but at some point,  you have to rank them in order of preference   And Zierlein ranks has him at 64.  He could've been ranked at any of the other spots.   But he wasn't.   He was slotted at 64.   That's how this works.      And while you  can call it "all over the map"  a number of good evaluators have him with a first round grade.   The worst was Kiper with a mid-3rd round grade.   We took Wilson right in the middle of the range of rankings.   Mid-40's.    There isn't an issue with where we took him.   Tabor may have been CB1 for Florida,  but he was not a better NFL prospect.   He tested badly and slipped.   Wilson was the youngest player in the draft.   The size of a safety.   He had better upside and long range potential.  Unfortunately,   he wasn't mature enough and it hasn't worked out for him at any stop.   But he was drafted roughly where he should have been.      Carrie may or may not have been a good solid back-up,  but he was a BIG disappointment in Cleveland.   He was signed to a big deal.   $8 mill per.    That's starter money, not back-up.   Cut after two years.    And no one was interested until late in the process.   Ballard found value in the discount isle.   The gamble regarding Rhodes was this....    what if he didn't work out?    We signed him to be no less than CB2, and CB1 if things went well.    The $$ cost may not have been much.   But now imagine how this forum would look at Ballard if Rhodes was a bust and his play cost us a playoff spot?   The gamble was signing someone on a cheap deal.   People would be screaming that Ballard got what he paid for and why didn't he sign someone better to a bigger deal?   It would've been a lost opportunity to do better.   Again....  I'm not clearing Ballard of blame.   But no one bats 1,000 in this business.   A first rounder is considered by some to be a 50-50 proposition.   On balance, I think Ballard has done well.   Hope you'll note my post from the other day where I disagreed with Greg Rosenthal calling Ballard the best GM when it comes to the draft.   I think that's wrong and I explained why.   We will have a better idea by the end of this season.  Guys like Turay and Lewis from the 18 class,  plus the first four from the 19 class...   RYS, BB,  Parris and Oke.   If those guys come through,  Ballard's drafting will look even better.    And if not, we will see when the winter of 22 comes around.
  • Members

• Nate!

Nate! 226

• NFLfan

NFLfan 8,471

Moderators
    • bluephantom87

bluephantom87 27

• BillCoslosky87

BillCoslosky87 1,153

• John Hammonds

John Hammonds 1,466