Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Message to the Buffalo Bills......

coltsfansince65

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I watched the game. We got away from what was working in the first half. Not a stellar coaching decision or audible decision I would think.

Yeah foot off the gas means you stopped attacking.  The Colts didn’t stop attacking, if anything they attacked too much.

14 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I watched the game. We got away from what was working in the first half. Not a stellar coaching decision or audible decision I would think.

Steelers made an adjustment after the first drive in the second half. Stack the box and dare the receivers to beat their man before the pressure gets to Rivers

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Steelers made an adjustment after the first drive in the second half. Stack the box and dare the receivers to beat their man before the pressure gets to Rivers

Which caused us to completely abandon the run that was so effective earlier. Look. I don't care how you define "taking their foot off the gas." I just don't what the same thing to happen in the Bills/Dolphins game that happened to us last week. I hope the Bills can hang on and finish their game with a win & we beat the Jags later this afternoon & get into the post season.

53 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Scoring zero points in the 2nd half indicates otherwise.

No, it actually doesn’t.    You can score zero points without taking your foot off the gas.

Taking your foot off the gas implies the team is trying to run out the clock and hold on to the lead.   Except we didn’t run much, we kept passing.    We were trying to score points.   The offense falling apart is different than taking your foot off the gas.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, it actually doesn’t.    You can score zero points without taking your foot off the gas.

Taking your foot off the gas implies the team is trying to run out the clock and hold on to the lead.   Except we didn’t run much, we kept passing.    We were trying to score points.   The offense falling apart is different than taking your foot off the gas.

Like I said.....Semantics.

16 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Like I said.....Semantics.

No.   It’s not semantics.    We’re talking about two different approaches to the offense.   

An offense that stalls out (Colts) is still trying to score as much as possible.  They’re just not successful.  

An offense that takes its foot off the gas is much more concerned about the clock.  They think they have the game won and are mostly focused on the clock.   NFL teams rarely take their foot off the gas for a half.   They will for a quarter, but not a half.  

4 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Please don't take your foot off the gas in the 2nd half like we did against the Steelers.......

Don’t be mad when we don’t take our foot off the gas next week!!

just kidding.  I have a lot of respect for the colts.  Reich coming back to Buffalo puts a nice touch on the game.  

two questions:  

can we stop your run?

can you stop our pass?  

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   It’s not semantics.    We’re talking about two different approaches to the offense.   

An offense that stalls out (Colts) is still trying to score as much as possible.  They’re just not successful.  

An offense that takes its foot off the gas is much more concerned about the clock.  They think they have the game won and are mostly focused on the clock.   NFL teams rarely take their foot off the gas for a half.   They will for a quarter, but not a half.  

May not be semantics but we blew a huge lead last week as we did today. Maybe not taking your foot off the gas but we stopped doing what got us there. What is it called when the other team makes adjustments and we can't react?

7 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Scoring zero points in the 2nd half indicates otherwise.

If they would have taken their foot off the pedal, they would have run into those loaded boxes that so many fans were calling for. Frank is aggressive. The passing game needs to get it together. Sadly, it has reached its ceiling with Rivers at qb

Archived