Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17 Jaguars @Colts, Jan. 3, 2021, 4:25 EST

Message added by Nadine,

Please be mindful of your fellow posters.  Don't use the game day thread to vent or call out fellow posters as either homers or haters.  It's obnoxious and ruins the thread. Plenty of time for new threads after the game for expressing your point of view.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by American Family Insurance

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trevor Lawrence is really scared watching this game on his couch right now. 

Happy New Year, everyone!      We have reached the end of the regular season but not the end of football for your Indianapolis Colts. The 10-5 Colts will make the postseason i

I’m going to let these zebras have it all game, I’m close enough for them to hear me. 

Posted Images

Just now, Lancer1 said:

Tie game in Houston! At some point,1 of these freaky game deciding flukes has to bounce the Texans' way, doesn't it?

If I say yes will that make it happen??

I say yes.

oops...not good

1 minute ago, #12. said:

OT

Man, after the past two weeks, it doesn't feel like we deserve a division.  lol

Don't  worry, after that competed bomb by Tannehill, we probably won't get it.

While the home game would have been nice, I would barely want to play Baltimore more than Buffalo right now anyways. And the reality is you typically have to go through a team like this on your way to the championship anyways, I guess we're just doing it right away

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If they're looking at the absolute "must re-sign" players coming up ( Leonard, Smith, Q), and also want to make a splash in FA, I can see a restructure for a player they expect to be here for a while, such as Kelly. The cap room could get awfully small in a hurry under the above scenario. A little breathing room is a good thing.   
    • No...but I would have done that move for the two QBs drafted after him. We would just have to assume that Ballard is not Ryan Pace and that he wouldn't draft Tribuskaye.   But of course it's a gamble. Addressing QB is a challenge nearly all teams must face. And it's what separates teams. That's what made KC a perennial playoff team that would lose on WC weekend into the #1 team in the NFL. Or takes a perennial 8-8 team like BUF and makes them into a team that can compete with a team like KC.    Trading (with conditions) for a QB coming off a terrible season is a gamble as well. It's just less of a gamble because Reich knows Wentz and because of a perceived lower cost...and because they can bail pretty quickly. Which is exactly why it's a half-measure. They know they aren't committing to Wentz any further than the first 75% of next season. I can understand the appeal of that...but with a position like QB...I am not convinced it will get them where they want to go.   But we will just have to see it play out.        
    • I wouldn't trade Leonard or Nelson for TWO Godwins. 
    • Even if Brady was a first rounder,   the bucs didn't spend a first on him.   He was a free agent.   Manning went to 2 super bowls in denver.
    • Wentz is the first real dart throw...but it's still somewhat of a half-measure. And this has really been the theme since Luck got retired.   First, they tried to turn the backup QB into a franchise QB by giving him money and trying to speak it into existence.   Second, they signed a very old vet QB with a very good track record that had experience with Reich to a low-risk one-year deal to make a push.   Third, they finally traded some real draft capital for a younger post-hype QB (already under contract) who had fallen out of favor with his former team. But they even hedged this move by making one of those picks conditional...because even they know this move is a risky move that they aren't 100% confident in.   But it's not surprising...because these moves sort of follow a theme or a philosophical approach to the QB position. And maybe it's just coincidental...but there are a lot of parallels between the moves made by Ballard's previous org.'s and the moves made by the Colts.    CHI (2001-2012) Drafted (1) QB in the 1st round and that was Rex Grossman at #22 in 2003. CHI had the #4 pick that year and traded back for #13 and #22. Not only did they trade back to #13, they didn't even take a QB with that pick. (That seems like a very Ballard type of move if you ask me.) The only other QB drafted in the top 4 rounds during his entire tenure was Kyle Orton, in the 4th round of 2005 draft.  After the initial options don't work, and because CHI is stuck in QB purgatory by being no worse than 7-9, CHI makes a big trade and sends Orton and picks to DEN for Jay Cutler, a former 1st round pick QB thought to have huge upside.  But Cutler also came with some potential locker room issues and had requested a trade after his relationship with their HC became irreconcilable. (Sounds very familiar). Cutler has some success in CHI, but only wins (1) playoff game in 8 years at QB.  KC (2013 - 2017) Ballard arrives in KC after the 2013 draft. In March, KC had traded (2) 2nd round picks for Alex Smith, with one of those picks being conditional upon playing time. (This is very similar to the type of offer that Ballard gave to PHI.) Smith was a former #1 overall pick QB who had ups and down...and had just been replaced by a backup QB...coincidentally also a 2nd round pick. He had reportedly been working back channels to get out of SF. (Sounds familiar again.) Through Reid's coaching, Smith is actually a pretty damn good QB, but KC only wins (1) playoff game in five seasons (the same number as Cutler in CHI). During this time, KC doesn't draft a QB before the 5th round until 2017 when Ballard is already in Indy. At that point, they make an aggressive trade up in the NFL draft for Mahomes and let Smith mentor him for a season before trading Smith to WAS. So based on this timeline, the Colts are currently several years away from actually drafting a legit QB and thus competing for SBs. I am kidding of course. But there are a lot of parallels here.
  • Members

• funktacious2

funktacious2 405

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 69

• cjrulli

cjrulli 135

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 7,430

• ThePowerslave

ThePowerslave 37

• Hoose