Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

18 minutes ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

Dont ask me why but I think Miami goes down on sunday and we get in . I also have a gut feeling the titans will go down . The texans are tough on divison teams. We could of easily had two loses .go colts 

Don't forget my favorite: Bengals devour Ravens.

Mixon is out, but Perine and Bernard are OK...just hope to fix 3 first quarter fumbles, as in Dallas, and hope CIN can limit Dobbins and Ingram. Gus Edwards was listed with 'illness'

Brandon Allen had 2 perfect practices this week.

Bills' Tyler Kroft tested + and is out tomorrow.

I had the Colts finishing 12 - 4 when the season started, and they should be playing for that tomorrow, but they're not. So my feelings don't mean anything. I'm just disappointed that after a full year with this new team full of real NFL talent across the entire roster for the first time in his career, Philip doesn't appear to be able to rid himself of the bad habit he developed over 14 years of being surrounded by crap, as he's still throwing balls up for grabs into double, triple, quadruple coverage ON FIRST DOWN, when he should be taking the sack and coming back again with 2 more downs to move the sticks and keep driving.

I had hoped after a full year with this kind of talent around him, he'd have learned this lesson by now, but maybe all that time stuck in football hell is just too much for him to unlearn. It's a real shame, too, because it's literally the only thing standing between him and a real shot at a Lombardi. Oh well.

But back on topic, that's the only feeling I have right now. That and just to say, "Philip, my homeboy, take the sack. Just take the sack. For the ever loving sake of all that is good and holy, please, just take the sack." That's all.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

I had the Colts finishing 12 - 4 when the season started, and they should be playing for that tomorrow, but they're not. So my feelings don't mean anything. I'm just disappointed that after a full year with this new team full of real NFL talent across the entire roster for the first time in his career, Philip doesn't appear to be able to rid himself of the bad habit he developed over 14 years of being surrounded by crap, as he's still throwing balls up for grabs into double, triple, quadruple coverage ON FIRST DOWN, when he should be taking the sack and coming back again with 2 more downs to move the sticks and keep driving.

I had hoped after a full year with this kind of talent around him, he'd have learned this lesson by now, but maybe all that time stuck in football hell is just too much for him to unlearn. It's a real shame, too, because it's literally the only thing standing between him and a real shot at a Lombardi. Oh well.

But back on topic, that's the only feeling I have right now. That and just to say, "Philip, my homeboy, take the sack. Just take the sack. For the ever loving sake of all that is good and holy, please, just take the sack." That's all.

You clearly haven’t been watching.  Since the Browns game he’s done exactly what your asking him to do outside of one throw vs the Steelers.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

Dont ask me why but I think Miami goes down on sunday and we get in . I also have a gut feeling the titans will go down . The texans are tough on divison teams. We could of easily had two loses .go colts 

I have the opposite feeling. I just feel like Sean McDermott's actions and words so far relay a message that says "We're resting our starters!" 

The Browns should win. The Ravens will win. And the Titans should win. 

At this point, I'd be more surprised if we did make the playoffs than if we didn't. It's sad because I truly believe we could make a run if we got in too. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Can I burst your bubble right here and now?

No, You don’t want to take the sack.   You rarely want to take the sack if you can avoid it. 

What to you want Phillip to do?   Ok, altogether now...   under pressure we’d like Phillip to throw the ball away.   Throw!  The ball!   Away!

Bad enough to lose the down, but it’s much worse to lose down AND distance.   Sorry. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Can I burst your bubble right here and now?

No, You don’t want to take the sack.   You rarely want to take the sack if you can avoid it. 

What to you want Phillip to do?   Ok, altogether now...   under pressure we’d like Phillip to throw the ball away.   Throw!  The ball!   Away!

Bad enough to lose the down, but it’s much worse to lose down AND distance.   Sorry. 

Throwing the ball away vs taking a sack should depend on the situation .  If the defender is right on top on you and you go to throw it and cant get your arm to go forward you are risking a fumble .   The colts are up by 7 at that point and a punt being up 7 is better then a turnover in the redzone .  This has been the main problem of rivers the gun slinger mentality , he doesnt want the drive to end due to a sack so he wants to throw it away .  Even though a big loss of yards sack kills the drive its a better option then the fumble .   It all depends if rivers has enough time to throw the ball away without risking the fumble .

With the Pit vs Cleveland, Balt vs Cincy and Miami vs Buffalo games all being before ours, we’ll be either just stressed out watching the Colts try and beat the Jags, or we’ll be SUPER stressed out as we would also have to rely on Houston doing us a huge favor....

let’s not look past the Jags yet though, we hardly ever pound them down.... we love to make division games close.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Miami losing is our best hope for a playoff berth. Of course we need to beat the Jags.

I don't know the way some people are posting in here, Allen is going to play 1 snap and then rest lmao . Do you know who Buffalo's backup is, I don't haha 

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know the way some people are posting in here, Allen is going to play 1 snap and then rest lmao . Do you know who Buffalo's backup is, I don't haha 

Matt Barkley

I think it makes total sense for the Bills to try and win today personally.

2nd seed is still 2nd seed and more of a chance for a home AFCCG if someone knocks off the Chiefs for them, which isn't impossible.

Secondly, they would face the 7th seed in the playoffs, which is better than the possible 6th Seed Ravens...

Thirdly, if the Steelers are 3rd seed, and it gets to the Divisional round.... I think the Bills would rather play at Buffalo than at Heinz Field, as the 2nd seed would almost certainly be facing the Steelers as the 3rd seed.

• Like 1

I’ve spent all week developing a mindset of neutral acceptance whether we get in or not. If we get in, great, if we don’t, oh well, I’ll be back to cheer them on next season as always. The fact that we need help to get in stinks because we lost key games this season that I feel we should have won. But I’m taking @PrincetonTiger’s previous advice on this thread and I’m just going to relax today, honestly I cannot ride the emotional roller coaster anymore I’m wiped out!  Guess you can say I have turned numb LOL

Bored Ryan Connolly GIF by Film Riot

In = Go Colts.   Out = Go Colts (next season)

• Like 5
2 hours ago, yankeeclipper said:

Miami losing is our best hope for a playoff berth. Of course we need to beat the Jags.

One scenario that could also happen: Mason Rudolph has his best game of his career; kills the Browns playoff hopes. Browns have several players out with COVID (so do the Steelers plus Ben resting), but this game may be close unless the Steelers end up resting all starters. 

Texans could put in one last valiant effort to spank the Titans. Never count out Deshaun who can at any point carry that team. 

Or the stars could align against the Colts AND we get terrible draft placement next year.

Today will either be an exciting or depressing final Sunday of regular season football. 

Miami is now favored.  The writing is on the wall. Bills, Steelers will lose.  Final playoff seeding. #1 k.c.  #2 buffalo. #3 Pittsburgh. #4 Tennessee. #5 Miami. #6 Baltimore. #7 Cleveland.  Colts best  chance is if Houston beats Tennessee. Then the Colts are the #4 seed and play Miami

11 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

Miami is now favored.  The writing is on the wall. Bills, Steelers will lose.  Final playoff seeding. #1 k.c.  #2 buffalo. #3 Pittsburgh. #4 Tennessee. #5 Miami. #6 Baltimore. #7 Cleveland.  Colts best  chance is if Houston beats Tennessee. Then the Colts are the #4 seed and play Miami

With line shift in favor of Miami the Colts odds of making playing dips to 66.6%...not bad at at all, not 79% it was on Tuesday but much more likely than not. The Phins,Browns,Titans and Ravens 4 team parlay paying a healthy 2.02 per dollar still...just saying

1 hour ago, coltsorioles said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Win-Win situation.

1 - The Colts get in

2 - The season ends and we can start up the draft talk in earnest

Let the good times roll!!

Lol no pressure playoffs! All we need is a bucs loss:lol: