Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I understand he played poorly in Ohio States two biggest games this year.   

Is he a top-3 kid?   Top-5?   Top-10?   Or worse?

Tonight against Clemson will go a long way towards determining just how good Fields really is...

Good luck to him... 

• NewColtsFan changed the title to Fields has a make or break game tonight
36 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Sorry am buying low on most Ohio State players unless your a DE or maybe a RB.

Huh?   What the....?

Or a cb or a safety or an offensive lineman or a wide receiver and on and on. 

That program is top-3 putting out NFL talent. Only ALABAMA and Clemson are better. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clemson's D tonight looks like crap, worse I have seen it in years. Still a whole half to go for Trevor. They look awful on D lmao . 35-14 Ohio St. It still isn't over though.

Trevor is tanking himself so he doesn't end up in Jacksonville 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 8

Skalski is gonna end up a paraplegic if he continues to tackle using his helmet like that, watching the compression of his neck during that hit on Fields, it's dangerous reminds me of Ryan Shazier.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fields looks like the number one pick not Lawrence.

Based on 1 game, nah. He looks great tonight but I would still take Lawrence. I am going to lose my 20 dollars tonight so hats off to Fields, he played a great game. RG3 looked better than Luck in college at times as well, lets not get carried away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a friendly 20 dollar bet with my friend Big Steve, I have Clemson. Trevor and Tigers all the way. Regarding Fields, not buying him right now, now I sound like MooseJaw :facepalm:

Lol.....well looks like i got egg on my face

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Let's hope Jacksonville thinks the same 

I think Lawrence is still the #1 pick. That being said. His last 2 games, LSU and Ohio, against 2 top teams has not been pretty. Maybe not the generational talent??!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   What the....?

Or a cb or a safety or an offensive lineman or a wide receiver and on and on. 

That program is top-3 putting out NFL talent. Only ALABAMA and Clemson are better. 

Speaking of cb,  Shaun Wade has looked bad all year and looks like hot garbage in this game. He was projected in the top 10 coming in this year moving from inside slot corner to the outside and he has not adjusted at all. 

I think Lawrence is still easily, comfortably, the number one pick.   He’s had a long, highly successful career.  

But Fields has redeemed himself.   Good for the kid.   I like a good comeback story.  

Im also happy that Debo lost.   Normally I like the guy.  But I think something happened this year and I found myself thinking he’s been an arrogant jerk all season long.   And while some here (many?) might think of me the same way,  honestly I don’t like people like that.   Ranking Ohio State 11th?!?   Dear God, don’t do that and expect me to take you seriously.   Goodness gracious!

I’m so glad tOSU kicked their rear end all night long.    Payback, baby!    :thmup:

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Jags pass on Lawrence it would be the dumbest thing they have ever done

yes but give them time...they would surpass it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s gonna be interesting watching Fields vs Lawrence.  They’ll probably be linked and rivals for a very long time.  Lawrence gets all the love but I’ve seen Fields outplay Lawrence 3 times in their head to head clashes dating back to high school QB competitions.  

Fields outplayed Lawrence last year and the refs made many controversial calls that kept Clemson in that game.  Despite all of that, Fields marched his team down the field and only Olave breaking off his route stopped him from closing the show with the comeback victory. Tonight Fields left no doubts.  

After an injury, he threw 2 bombs that covered 50-60 yards through the air.  Add in Other NFL caliber throws all over the field.  Wow. Lawrence will go number 1 because it has been written...  But as far as who is actually the better QB and who will have the better NFL career, the debate is still wide open.  

I’m leaning towards Fields because I believe he has the stronger arm, is the more accurate passer, and has outplayed Lawrence the three times I’ve seen them go head to head.  Regardless, I look forward to seeing them continue their rivalry at the next level.  

And there is no comparison between Fields & RG3.  Fields has the 2nd best completion percentage vs no pressure in NCAA history to only Russell Wilson.  Around 80%. Put some respect on the kid’s name.  He’s earned it.  Just such as much as Lawrence. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Got to give it to Fields toughness, he is seriously hurting but still performing

I'm awaiting any possible medical issues resulting from this-

XiYnjCA.jpg

mzIiZSH.jpg

whqMc3f.jpg

RYWc0J3.jpg

I believe they are probably going to check him out for ribs, kidney (Luck type laceration?), liver, spleen, more...

11 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Skalski is gonna end up a paraplegic if he continues to tackle using his helmet like that, watching the compression of his neck during that hit on Fields, it's dangerous reminds me of Ryan Shazier.

True. That's why NFL wants that style of tackling eliminated, and heavily funded the 'Heads up football' programs.

https://www.nflfoundation.org/health-safety

• Like 1
10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If Jags pass on Lawrence it would be the dumbest thing they have ever done

yeah i dont see how they could pass or even trade the pick.  they would have to ask for one of the biggest trades ever, and thats too much to give up for one player

6 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Top 10? IMO there's no chance he goes past 2.

he could go 2 for sure.  will be interesting to see if the jets want to try and salvage SD.  they might be able to get a nice trade for this pick, TL is untradeable imo

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he could go 2 for sure.  will be interesting to see if the jets want to try and salvage SD.  they might be able to get a nice trade for this pick, TL is untradeable imo

Very true. Personally I think after last night, I think the Jets move on from Darnold and take Fields. But Jets could also Jets. Unless say a team like Carolina offers up a package to move up, and Jets take Wilson at 6 instead.

I saw Fields play in an early game either against Nebraska or Penn St. He looked flawless. He went through his progressions well, scanned the field for open receivers, made good decisions and was accurate.  I was very impressed. Looking at stats alone (which I don't like to do but others seem to put a lot of value in stats), Fields has played as well as or better than Lawrence. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trevor-lawrence-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/justin-fields-2.html

@stitches What are your thoughts on Fields?