Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BPA vs Position Need

Do you guys think BPA is more of a luxury pick than a need pick? Especially if you can select that position with more value on day 2 or day 3. I honestly think so. I've been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks. If Ballard was in a position to draft someone like DeVonte Smith if he fell in the 18-32 range or Liam Eichenberg who many have a 2nd round grade on but many mocks have us picking him in the 1st. Who would you pick?  The again its Chris Ballard this man doesn't draft WRs in the 1st round because he feels he can get better value in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. 

Before someone says WR isn't a position of need think again. It may not be on the top of the list but its 4/5 after QB, OT, CB, DE, TE. TY free agent, the future is unknown with him, Campbell can't stay on the field, Pittman has shown some flashes this year and let's hope takes a giant leap forward in 2021. We need a true deep threat WR. I wouldn't be shocked if Ballard picks another WR knowing Paris Campbell's injury history since he took Taylor knowing Mack couldn't stay on the field. 

Speaking of Eichenberg and Smith. I'm watching the Rose Bowl and they both look solid in this game so far. I don't know why Kiper and others have Eichenberg as a 2nd-4th round pick. It must be the lack of athleticism. He looks like a 1st round pick in my opinion. 

Eichenberg is a 1st rounder everywhere but ESPN for some reason. His most common landing spots are the Colts or Steelers. I actually really like Smith and wonder if he’s better than Jamar Chase. Would be hard to pass on him if he were there. He’s only 175 but so is Hilton and he’s taller and more physical than Hilton.

39 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Eichenberg is a 1st rounder everywhere but ESPN for some reason. His most common landing spots are the Colts or Steelers. I actually really like Smith and wonder if he’s better than Jamar Chase. Would be hard to pass on him if he were there. He’s only 175 but so is Hilton and he’s taller and more physical than Hilton.

CBS Sports has Eichenberg as the 105th best prospect as of last week. 

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I love Devonta Smith. I think he is this year's Justin Jefferson, as far as projected production. 

His bowl games are really helping his draft stock. The game against Ohio State will dictate whether he goes top 10 IMO. 

Archived