Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

dolphins-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-out-vs-bills-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19

 

Does this help the Colts?

 

Does our fate rest on Tua?

I thought that destiny, or 'fate' was/were uncontrollable, by definition(s).

From what I've seen, Tua can run better than Fitz.

Tua has had sack episodes, looking shell shocked.

Right now, I'm glad Miami picked Tua at #5 and let Herbert go to LA #6.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tua?

 

You understand we want Buffalo to win, right?

 

So it could be said our fate rests with Josh Allen.   
 

Just food for thought. 

Josh Allen super underrated. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned before Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs in his career the string likely continues.   Josh Allen needs to start fast and give Bills a nice lead so even if they pull starters Tua has to play from behind, he has been scared to make plays all season and jake Rudock isnt likely to bail him out as Fitzy has.

 

Browns losing Ward their shut down corner stings for them, Malcolm Smith, B.J. Goodson missing too and they are 1st and 2nd on team in tackles, the defense in big danger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, waterdog said:

I thought that destiny, or 'fate' was/were uncontrollable, by definition(s).

From what I've seen, Tua can run better than Fitz.

Tua has had sack episodes, looking shell shocked.

Right now, I'm glad Miami picked Tua at #5 and let Herbert go to LA #6.

 

 

 

With Miami defense they might be really good had they taken Herbert. But they don’t have the offensive weapons that the chargers have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua is coming off a major injury and is still a rookie, working his way back. 

 

He has a 65% comp % 10tds passing 2int and 3tds rushing to go along with that, and a qb rating of 93.. That is what you need to do when your defense is playing the way they are.

 

Last time I checked, Dolphins were 3-3 with Fitz starting then Tua went 6-2 over last 8 games.  He clearly can do what is needed to lead his team to victory, even if that means Fitz needs to come in and help pull a game out at the end.

 

Some humor around here lacks the funny aspect.

 

Tua looks far from a bust at this point. I would take him on the Colts immediately if they want to move on.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly. I would b surprised if Buffalo fielded a team against the Dolphins. I truly believe they would rather play the Phins in the playoffs than the Colts. I really think the Colts miss the play offs. Plus if Fitz is out because of covid. Do the Bills really want to risk players playing Miami this week as other  Miami players could be carriers and may test positive later in the week.?Just a thought

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly. I would b surprised if Buffalo fielded a team against the Dolphins. I truly believe they would rather play the Phins in the playoffs than the Colts. I really think the Colts miss the play offs. Plus if Fitz is out because of covid. Do the Bills really want to risk players playing Miami this week as other  Miami players could be carriers and may test positive later in the week.?Just a thought

The ironic thing is both could get in and Colts could still play bills

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

The ironic thing is both could get in and Colts could still play bills

Ravens win. Cleveland better win unless the whole team is out with Covid. That basically leaves the Bills. I think they will rest players. Steelers r resting players. Chiefs r resting players

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Ravens win. Cleveland better win unless the whole team is out with Covid. That basically leaves the Bills. I think they will rest players. Steelers r resting players. Chiefs r resting players

All teams resting i think will come back to bite them. Rest is important but often leads to being rusty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

All teams resting i think will come back to bite them. Rest is important but often leads to being rusty.

I think it is an advantage. Look at most teams who have the bye. They most times win. Other teams r beaten up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think it is an advantage. Look at most teams who have the bye. They most times win. Other teams r beaten up 

 The teams with a bye have proven over 16 games that they are better than the teams that don't get a bye. They win most often because they are the better team, not because they are the most rested. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coltsva said:

 The teams with a bye have proven over 16 games that they are better than the teams that don't get a bye. They win most often because they are the better team, not because they are the most rested. 

Going out on a limb. Maybe its a combination of both ??!? There, I met u in the middle lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, w87r said:

Tua is coming off a major injury and is still a rookie, working his way back. 

 

He has a 65% comp % 10tds passing 2int and 3tds rushing to go along with that, and a qb rating of 93.. That is what you need to do when your defense is playing the way they are.

 

Last time I checked, Dolphins were 3-3 with Fitz starting then Tua went 6-2 over last 8 games.  He clearly can do what is needed to lead his team to victory, even if that means Fitz needs to come in and help pull a game out at the end.

 

Some humor around here lacks the funny aspect.

 

Tua looks far from a bust at this point. I would take him on the Colts immediately if they want to move on.

He refuses to throw the ball down field. He lacks elite qualities. He's small, not a great arm and he looks limited in what he can so. I said coming out he woukdnt amount to much. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly. I would b surprised if Buffalo fielded a team against the Dolphins. I truly believe they would rather play the Phins in the playoffs than the Colts. I really think the Colts miss the play offs. Plus if Fitz is out because of covid. Do the Bills really want to risk players playing Miami this week as other  Miami players could be carriers and may test positive later in the week.?Just a thought

The chances are if they lose and Steelers pull out a win they would play the ravens. Pretty sure they want the 2 seed. I bet they play but will keep a eye on that Steelers game. So hope for a big bills lead. If browns get way ahead Bills could pull starters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The chances are if they lose and Steelers pull out a win they would play the ravens. Pretty sure they want the 2 seed. I bet they play but will keep a eye on that Steelers game. So hope for a big bills lead. If browns get way ahead Bills could pull starters.

I really dont think seeds mean muxh this year. There really is no home field advantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

dolphins-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-out-vs-bills-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19

 

Does this help the Colts?

 

Does our fate rest on Tua?

Tua was always gonna start this game, but I'm sure Brian Flores enjoyed having Fitzpatrick available to come in and provide competent veteran QB play, just in case the Bills flummoxed the rookie like the Raiders did. Not having that safety net will definitely hurt Miami, and may just get the Colts into the playoffs if Baltimore, Cleveland & Tennessee all win their games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just who is under rating him? :scratch:

He is right behind Rogers and Mahomes in MVP popularity. 

 

I mean overall he is underrated. I just feel like he isn't considered a top 3 QB, even if he puts up those numbers. Kinda like Luck, people considered him really good, just always a notch below Rodgers, Wilson. 

 

Ya get what I'm saying? 

 

I mean I think Cole Beasley was beating out Tyreke Hill, and other major WRs in a lot of catergories, he is underrated as well. The same way T.Y quietly put up 1000 yard season, after 1000 yard season without much praise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

With Miami defense they might be really good had they taken Herbert. But they don’t have the offensive weapons that the chargers have.

Maybe, but Herbert passes to Jaylon Guyton(vs LV) and Tyron Johnson(vs ATL, to set up the winning field goal were needed because Mike Williams and Keenan Allen have been out often.

The pass to Johnson was guided missile, most impressive pass I've seen all year.

If Eason has a better arm...wow.

Chargers' special teams are the NFL worst. I think 35 of NE's 45 points were from special teams. NE's 1st 7 were from  an 8 minute run heavy ball control drive.

If I were Chargers' GM, I'd go for Bubba Ventrone for head coach.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, waterdog said:

If I were Chargers' GM, I'd go for Bubba Ventrone for head coach.

They're definitely gonna need one, but I'm not sure GM Tom Telesco will be the one making that hire: both of his choices as Chargers Head Coach (Mike McCoy & Anthony Lynn) have been duds, and the only question remaining is whether Telesco follows Lynn out the door.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I mean overall he is underrated. I just feel like he isn't considered a top 3 QB, even if he puts up those numbers. Kinda like Luck, people considered him really good, just always a notch below Rodgers, Wilson. 

 

Ya get what I'm saying? 

 

I mean I think Cole Beasley was beating out Tyreke Hill, and other major WRs in a lot of catergories, he is underrated as well. The same way T.Y quietly put up 1000 yard season, after 1000 yard season without much praise. 

TY made 4 straight pro bowls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get it. Kamara gets covid and now all the RBs are out for close contact. Why isn't Tua with Fitz being positive? You can't tell me Tua has not been close to Fitz

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don't get it. Kamara gets covid and now all the RBs are out for close contact. Why isn't Tua with Fitz being positive? You can't tell me Tua has not been close to Fitz

"Isolated case" in google search results. Chan Gailey may be upstairs, and maybe he talks to Fitz only by phone. but wasn't Mack Hollins hugging Fitz in Vegas after the win? Fitz may have been close to others.

Slack protocol also could wreck the Bills Week 18.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

Colts have to win first!!! Then let the chips fall where they may.  If the Colts don't win it's all done period.

If the Colts can’t beat the Jags at home with the playoffs on the line they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 8:02 AM, holeymoley99 said:

I mentioned before Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs in his career the string likely continues.   Josh Allen needs to start fast and give Bills a nice lead so even if they pull starters Tua has to play from behind, he has been scared to make plays all season and jake Rudock isnt likely to bail him out as Fitzy has.

 

Browns losing Ward their shut down corner stings for them, Malcolm Smith, B.J. Goodson missing too and they are 1st and 2nd on team in tackles, the defense in big danger.

No playoffs again for Fitzy and he is likely retiring. Kinda a shame but we needed them to lose today and they did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...