Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Veldheer signed out of retirement to start at Tackle for us (merge)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lucky for you next game is in 2021,,,,,,playoffs here we come.

Im done with 2020

I stand corrected.  He did get signed out of retirement to start at LT for us.   And did decent.  Credit to Ballard.  Savvy move.   As long as we can run the ball, we have a chance

Posted Images

lol welll if he can run block better than constanzo with a slight drop off in pass protection I’ll take it we need to run it nonstop to keep rivers from throwing those crucial untimely picks

• Like 1

Well, I wonder if he just wanted to play a short season and get a shot....or the time off has him itching for another season or two. Either way, another Ballard solid.....especially on the cusp of the playoffs. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, will426 said:

lol welll if he can run block better than constanzo with a slight drop off in pass protection I’ll take it we need to run it nonstop to keep rivers from throwing those crucial untimely picks

Huh?   Castonzo is considered a very good run blocker....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   Castonzo is considered a very good run blocker....

I wasnt discrediting AC but those kinds of blocks he was making in the run game was excellent ofc if we were grading them by how consistently they do it I’d have to go with AC bc idk much about JV

He did grab a shirt in the 3rd quarter, and the JAX defender raised his arm to alert officials. That certainly looked more offensive than Glowinski's imaginary 'block in the back' vs Tuitt. JV released the shirt, maybe just in time, or maybe JV knows how to release his grip in time.

He does not look fat.

Let him concentrate on this week, not next year.

He learned the playbook in 2 days, and said he is practicing 'learning how to learn'.

And he seemed happy that he's still able to play.

13 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

His video conference today was awesome. Colts are very fortunate to get him this late in the season! 

He’s a sharp kid....we could be a lot worse off.

• Like 4

Jared may be a blessing in disguise. He played for the Packers in the frozen tundra and knows what it takes to play in the cold/ bad weather. He is a great source for telling players how to deal with the weather conditions that are thrown at them. Go Colts!!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

Jared may be a blessing in disguise. He played for the Packers in the frozen tundra and knows what it takes to play in the cold/ bad weather. He is a great source for telling players how to deal with the weather conditions that are thrown at them. Go Colts!!!

I'm definitely a blessing in disguise! :) :thmup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have no clue who is written in Ballard's little black book but I am sure glad he has one. :thmup:

2 points on him:

1.   Green Bay’s LT (Bitoni?) went down for season right after we picked him up. Not a stretch to believe he’d be on GB’s roster now had we not called him.   VERY fortunate for us.

2.  Was just reading a Colt/Bill matchup  on CBSSports.com and they mentioned AC and Clark being out as well as Holden.   Said Smith would be at RT but that CHAZ GREEN would start at LT.   No mention of Veldeer even being on roster.  As i see nothing on this forum, i’ll assume CBS missed him.

I’ll add a 3:  He looked agressive , smart, and strong last game., especially run blocking.   Heres hoping it wasnt because it was the jags.

I’d feel alot better if Holden was healthy.  For depth at the very least.

• Like 2
  • Nadine changed the title to Jared Veldheer signed out of retirement to start at Tackle for us (merge)