Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Betting Lines

dw49

I'm thinking this is Colt news and allowable in this forum. The lines for the 2 1PM games have moved drastically against the Colts probability of making the playoffs.

Cleveland is now gone to minus 10.

Buffalo was a 4.5 favorite around an hour ago and now is a PICK. Must be Vegas believes Buffalo also isn't all that interested in winning ?

7 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I'm thinking this is Colt news and allowable in this forum. The lines for the 2 1PM games have moved drastically against the Colts probability of making the playoffs.

Buffalo was a 4.5 favorite around an hour ago and now is a PICK. Must be Vegas believes Buffalo also isn't all that interested in winning ?

No, it means a lot of money is coming in on Cleveland and Miami, and the books are trying to get money to come in on Pitt and Buffalo.

13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Betting lines are meaningless.   Worthless. 

They’re designed to try and get roughly 50 percent of the bettors on each side of the number.  

The FPI number put out by the NFL And used by all major media is closer to reality.   As if today, even with everything that went against us Sunday, that number is 80 percent.  So the Colts have a roughly 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.   80 percent.

Did I mention the number is 80?     :thmup:

21 minutes ago, dw49 said:

This is ok. No links or discussion of betting please

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They’re designed to try and get roughly 50 percent of the bettors on each side of the number.  

The FPI number put out by the NFL And used by all major media is closer to reality.   As if today, even with everything that went against us Sunday, that number is 80 percent.  So the Colts have a roughly 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.   80 percent.

That's (they mean nothing and the 50% thing) really not true but I will respect Nadines request that I don't discuss betting. 

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That % is flawed.

The Titans, Browns, and Ravens are favored, and should win(even though I think the Texans might pull off an upset).

If the Bills rest their starters, I think our chances are probably more along the lines of 30%. 

The Browns & Dolphins are going to be throwing everything they have at the Steelers and Bills. The Steelers and Bills are going to try to win, but it's not a season-altering game.

27 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That's (they mean nothing and the 50% thing) really not true but I will respect Nadines request that I don't discuss betting. 

I don’t bet.   I don’t gamble.

Im just sharing what every bettor, every gambler has ever told me.   I believe them.

Just now, The Fish said:

If it makes any difference, I just looked at one of the major's and they've pulled the Bills, Dolphins game. It was around 4 or 5 points, favoring Bubbalo earlier. 

Which I'm guessing means they aren't sure what the Bills will do, so rather than have an out of whack line, they pull the game. If this isn't true, please correct me (which I know someone will). :D

• Shive changed the title to Betting Lines

Weather could be factor in favor of Buffalo game against dolphins. Have to wonder if the fins can handle cold and perhaps some snow. I think Bills will beat Dolphins. This is our best hope of  getting help to get into playoffs. I have little confidence on Bengals beating Ravens and I tend to doubt steelers beat Browns if Big Ben is sitting. Would love for Titans to lose but I tend to doubt they drop a 2nd game in a row against Texans.   Would love for Watson and Watts to push their team to victory but that may be asking for too much. 

If we make playoffs we are likely 1 and done. If we fail to make playoffs Colts need to think about QB as well as an OT, DE , CB and TE in draft and FA. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, dw49 said:

Off with his head!!!!

NFL general section.......

haha

On 12/29/2020 at 4:30 PM, dw49 said:

Guys and girls... the line that has come out as a pick in all likelihood means the Bills are believed by the oddsmakers to be leaning towards resting starters . 

This is my concern as well.

I keep going thru the scenarios of matchups of the Tennessee/Baltimore/ Miami/Cleveland games and even with Barkley, the Miami / Buffalo game still looks like our best chance.  I also hope Watson goes off and that one turns into a shoot-out.

But, in the end, we still need to beat those pesky Jaguars.

56 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

If we make playoffs we are likely 1 and done. If we fail to make playoffs Colts need to think about QB as well as an OT, DE , CB and TE in draft and FA. 

We knew we needed OT, cb, edge rush, te at beginning of season.  Kinda nice tho that areas Ballard seems to target seem to pan out.

The cb play in combination with  not enough pressure is our one real “weakness” on D currently.  They kinda work together.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't buy that.  3/4 teams we need to lose are heavily favored to win.  The other (Miami) is only an underdog by 1.5 points.  

So?   We need one of four teams to lose Sunday.   It doesn’t matter which team.   Any of the four teams lose, we win, and we’re in.  

The math says there’s an 80 percent chance of one of the teams losing.   

12 minutes ago, RunItBehindBigQ said:

Colts to the moon. There’s not a doubt in my mind when Indy gets into the playoffs that they are going to light up the scoreboards like the Fourth of July and bring that sweet Lombardi trophy back to Indy where is belongs! 

Love it! Welcome to Blue Heaven or well sometimes the rotten pits of you know where. Get ready for some fun. 

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived