Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I think the Bills & Steelers will play their starters/Bills now -1 (Merge)

coltsorioles

5 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Bills beating Dolphins is our best option to grab a playoff berth. If Big Ben is not playing Sunday then I think Browns could win that game. I doubt that Ravens lose and I do not see Titans losing to Bengals. We all need to be Bills fans on Sunday. I would love for a rematch against Steelers. We never should have lost that game.

Titans are playing the Texans. Ravens are playing Bengals. That Bengals defense is coming on strong but ravens will win that game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nope, makes no sense. If the Bills rest Allen and both those teams tank the last game I hope KC beats either by 50 points in the playoffs. I will lmao . Resting your players is bad karma with a 2 seed on the line. I will root for KC at that point to not only win but plow either team. The 2 seed is still important because of the fact that team doesn't have to travel and still HFA through the 1st 2 rounds is important because of weather conditions and comfort being on your homefield. 

the two seed means nothing without a home crowd .  i saw this coming 2 weeks ago , with covid and all the injuries teams would be crazy not to rest their players .   every single game has multiple players injured some being long term injuries .  why risk having multiple starters out and banged up over a extra home game with no crowd .   texans are the only hope they play hard still and almost beat the titans last game .   titans defense is trash watson dropped over 30 on them last time.

Just now, coming on strong said:

As soon as the colts lost i knew the season was over .  You cant let your bias over power your common sense .  teams are not dumb enough to risk losing stars in a meaning less game .   

Especially when road teams have been very good this year with no or little fans. I still hope they win. But it’s strange I wasn’t even as mad after that Steelers game I usually am after a loss.  It was just a slow death and you could just feel it slipping away. 11-5 is still a awesome season. Just goes to show how much you can improve with a QB and a couple other changes. Eventually Ballard will get the QB situation figured out. I am just not in the mood for another veteran QB. I am ready to find out who the future will be. Either bring rivers back with Eason as the future or bring him back with a Draft pick. I have so much fun watching these young QB. I want one too lol. I am so jealous.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Especially when road teams have been very good this year with no or little fans. I still hope they win. But it’s strange I wasn’t even as mad after that Steelers game I usually am after a loss.  It was just a slow death and you could just feel it slipping away. 11-5 is still a awesome season. Just goes to show how much you can improve with a QB and a couple other changes. Eventually Ballard will get the QB situation figured out. I am just not in the mood for another veteran QB. I am ready to find out who the future will be. Either bring rivers back with Eason as the future or bring him back with a Draft pick. I have so much fun watching these young QB. I want one too lol. I am so jealous.

my problem is the colts went all in this season to make the playoffs instead of playing the younger players .    If the colts were not gonna make the playoffs any way  i rather have them play eason and the young guys over the veterans .  colts could of had a top ten pick to get a QB or make a huge trade like the nelson trade .   Now the colts have no money to get any free agents and both corner are old and both pass rushers also .  So if the colts bring back rivers the team will be worse next year and if they couldnt make the playoffs this year having a 40 year old rivers and losing key players will not be a good mix. 

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I rather the colts rebuild with eason next year if they miss the playoffs this year .  The colts schedule  could be harder because they went 11-5 this year . Bringing back rivers means hilton , houston rhodes are likely gone .  With rivers aging another year colts will be in a worse spot .  This was a all in season like the vikings had in 2009 when they went to the afc championship game . I have the feeling the colts will end up like the 2010 vikings after bringing farve back and missing the playoffs . 

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

my problem is the colts went all in this season to make the playoffs instead of playing the younger players .    If the colts were not gonna make the playoffs any way  i rather have them play eason and the young guys over the veterans .  colts could of had a top ten pick to get a QB or make a huge trade like the nelson trade .   Now the colts have no money to get any free agents and both corner are old and both pass rushers also .  So if the colts bring back rivers the team will be worse next year and if they couldnt make the playoffs this year having a 40 year old rivers and losing key players will not be a good mix. 

11-5 should of been in. It’s very rare. To not get in at 11-5 in a 7 team field is just ridiculous.  So I don’t look down on it if they don’t make it. I just want to know where the future is. This team will eventually get old. We need to figure it out so  QB can grow with this team. I just don’t want a 4th QB in 4 years. Tired of the musical chairs. Unless it is Eason or a draft pick this year.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

11-5 should of been in. It’s very rare. To not get in at 11-5 in a 7 team field is just ridiculous.  So I don’t look down on it if they don’t make it. I just want to know where the future is. This team will eventually get old. We need to figure it out so  QB can grow with this team. I just don’t want a 4th QB in 4 years. Tired of the musical chairs. Unless it is Eason or a draft pick this year.

I Dont look down on this season either it was a solid season .  My point is just the salary cap is going down the colts have many key players who are old .   Signing rivers again and losing key players will most likely make the colts have a worse record next year.  I would rather them finish the rebuild .  Let the veterans walk and let the young guys play .  harris cambell and patmon all have big potential at wr .  Let ben actually play all 16 games and let him get better ,let rodgers and tell start .  Then resign pascal muhammad let them start . i would love to see turray and muhammad start with ben rotating in .  We need to see if these guys are the future same with eason .   If they fail we get a top pick for a QB its a win win .   if they all end up getting better and playing well then we have a young team with potential .  i rather do that then rock with a 40 year old QB and delay the future another year . If the colts had a lot of cap space to go all in and pull a broncos move and bring in a bunch of veterans to go along with rivers then i would be in favor of that .  The reality of the cap space will not allow that though .

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

looks like he said that last night..

I don't see any update beyond Vegas leaning towards the Bills resting

He said it today actually to reporters but we will see. I was wrong about the Steelers not resting players but I still don't see Buffalo doing it from what I have read. Nothing is 100% yet though.

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I'm in agreement. Bill's and Pitt are gonna take the week off. Lamar is gonna light up Cincy. And after JJ Watts presser sounds like there some quit in Houstons locker room going into this week.

I think the funniest thing would be if the Ravens lost to the Bengals, I am not sure anyone has even brought that up?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too but this has been a strange year. Jets beat Rams and Browns, Giants beat Seahawks, Jags beat us lol. Bengals did beat the Steelers.

Just another reason why I have said I think the Bengals give the Ravens a tough game. Crazy stuff is happening. Man, 1:00pm Sunday can't get here soon enough!

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

Just another reason why I have said I think the Bengals give the Ravens a tough game. Crazy stuff is happening. Man, 1:00pm Sunday can't get here soon enough!

I agree, I am just waiting to get 100% word that Allen is definitely going to play. He told reporters today he plans on it but it is only Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know that dude could be down 6 with 1 second left and complete a 99 yard pass somehow for the win. lmao 

It's scary thinking back to him being on the Rams in a starting QB controversy with Marc Bulger for what seems like 50 years ago and he's still around and has had some brilliant games sprinkled in every place he's been.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Fitzmagic 16 years in NFL never been to the playoffs...hmm

Is that right? Wow, did not know that. No sense in breaking that streak now.

9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Good we don't need anymore Fitzmagic 

I keep waiting for Fitztragic to show his face. Maybe this Sunday.

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Fitzmagic 16 years in NFL never been to the playoffs...hmm

Apparently, he's started against & beaten the Jaguars as a member of 6  different teams (Rams, Bills, Texans, Jets, Bucs & Dolphins) - perhaps they should sign him, he's played for every other Florida team!

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Apparently, he's started against & beaten the Jaguars as a member of 6  different teams (Rams, Bills, Texans, Jets, Bucs & Dolphins) - perhaps they should sign him, he's played for every other Florida team!

Lol he's also beaten the (Tom Brady Patriots) with every other team in the AFC east. Like I said before, Ryan Fitz is the NFL QB * poor dude haha

And honestly guys, I hope the bills just beat Miami. Obviously they shouldn't have escaped the Raiders last week, but that's neither here nor there. I just hope the Steelers get obliterated every time the step on the field. Those freaking 1 yard bunch pick plays..  I want the browns to smash them and then I want the Ravens to clean their clocks in their building. 

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol he's also beaten the (Tom Brady Patriots) with every other team in the AFC east. Like I said before, Ryan Fitz is the NFL QB * poor dude haha

That's pretty impressive, along with the fact that he's a graduate of Harvard and is probably brilliant!

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And honestly guys, I hope the bills just beat Miami. Obviously they shouldn't have escaped the Raiders last week, but that's neither here nor there. 

I think they will, they're a much better team, playing at home and weather may be a factor and that would benefit them, not the Dolphins.

6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I just hope the Steelers get obliterated every time the step on the field. Those freaking 1 yard bunch pick plays..  I want the browns to smash them and then I want the Ravens to clean their clocks in their building. 

I'd rather they beat & eliminate Cleveland, although if us, Baltimore, Miami, Cleveland & Houston all win, Tennessee would be out but since I don't think Miami will, I'd rather Cleveland lose too and give us another path to the postseason.

As for Pittsburgh, I'd rather it be us to go back to Heinz Field and knock them out of the playoffs.

Archived