Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I think the Bills & Steelers will play their starters/Bills now -1 (Merge)

coltsorioles

56 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

You make your bed, you have to lay in it. Sucks having to depend on other teams

Yeah , nobody said it was a good idea to lose to Tenn at home , Balt at home , Cleve and Pitt. Those were all huge games . The only big AFC match-ups we won were at Tenn and the win against a folding Raider team. 2-4 in those games is why we are going to lose the division and  hope like heck Buffalo wins their game. Not even to mention being the only team to lose to Jacksonville.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Steelers backups could still realistically win against a receiverless Browns team.

Will their WRs still be out Sunday?  If they win, they’re in, and Pittsburgh is half hearting it by not playing Ben.

Also, don’t you think Garrett remembers Rudolph?

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yeah , nobody said it was a good idea to lose to Tenn at home , Balt at home , Cleve and Pitt. Those were all huge games . The only big AFC match-ups we won were at Tenn and the win against a folding Raider team. 2-4 in those games is why we are going to lose the division and  hope like heck Buffalo wins their game. Not even to mention being the only team to lose to Jacksonville.

Yeah man our record against playoff teams isn't one that makes you feel good even if you get in

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Yeah man our record against playoff teams isn't one that makes you feel good even if you get in

Agree and unless Tenn loses or Cleve , Balt and Miami combine for 2 losses , we will play Buffalo . They might be the best team in football as we speak ? 

23 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

The writing is on the wall. Colts fans need the Texans to win. Pitt and buffalo are not even trying. I hope Baltimore at the #6 seed destroys #3 Pittsburgh

Baltimore will be #5 at worst, if I am not mistaken. They are more keen to get revenge on the Titans on the road.

1 hour ago, coltsorioles said:

There should be rule.  As a team if you or your opponent have something to play for all starters unless injured should play. That is for competitive balance. So for example k.c. can rest but teams like Pittsburgh or buffalo must play because it effects other teams

That doesn't make sense. Teams make decisions about who they play and who they sit with their own interest in mind. Their goal is to put themselves in the best position to win, not to try to affect the playoff hopes of other teams. They're going to make the decisions that they think are best for them and I don't think the league has any place in mandating some teams playing their starters vs others not.

Why should the Steelers be forced to play their starters if they think resting them will help them in the postseason? To give them a better chance at winning a game that only serves to help our team make the playoffs?

The real solution to this issue is to win enough games that you're not dependent on other teams' wins/losses to get into the playoffs.

• Shive changed the title to Why I think the Bills & Steelers will play their starters/Bills now -1 (Merge)
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Will their WRs still be out Sunday?  If they win, they’re in, and Pittsburgh is half hearting it by not playing Ben.

Also, don’t you think Garrett remembers Rudolph?

Hoo boy I forgot about that...

Well if that’s the case he’ll get ejected for beating others with his helmet again right? 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Not even to mention being the only team to lose to Jacksonville.

This is why the “relax” hot take is an overused crutch to kick the can down the road. This is the end of the road. We’re standing here holding ourselves and needing more help than we’re going to get to play playoff football.

Theres 16 games. Every single one counts as much as any other because in the end it only takes one to end a season. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

@2006Coltsbestever

Does this make any sense to you?

Nope, makes no sense. If the Bills rest Allen and both those teams tank the last game I hope KC beats either by 50 points in the playoffs. I will lmao . Resting your players is bad karma with a 2 seed on the line. I will root for KC at that point to not only win but plow either team. The 2 seed is still important because of the fact that team doesn't have to travel and still HFA through the 1st 2 rounds is important because of weather conditions and comfort being on your homefield. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never liked it either and bit us everytime. In 2006 we didn't and won the SB.

it didn’t bite us in 2009. I don’t think we would have recovered the onside kick in the Super Bowl had we played the last two games of the season... we might have lost in the divisional round, who knows.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something to think about. If your the Bills would you rather play the colts or dolphins?

Dolphins are the 5th seed . If the Bills lose and Balt and Cleveland go to 11-5 , and the Steelers win , the Bills would be the 3rd seed and play Baltimore. If the steelers lose and Miami and Balt win , Buffalo with a loss would play Cleveland I think...

39 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised if Houston took Tennessee to the mat. Watt’s statement about lazy play should have them fired up for this one 

I think if Watson plays & is healthy enough to make a difference, the Houston/Tenn game comes down to the final drive or two. 

But, I'm not sure he plays. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Asking any team to have to finish 12-4 just to make the playoffs is just ridiculous. We just lost to the wrong teams. Would of been better off losing to GB and beating the browns.

That, and losing to Chicago but beating the Ravens - we'd be sitting pretty in that situation, we'd probably already have clinched at least a Wild Card.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what rep the site 'The Spun' has but I just hit google and 10 minutes ago they said Josh Allen said he is playing and they want the 2 seed and will go all out because they want to be at home for at least 2 home games. They do cover all sports but I don't much about them.

If thats true then it makes me happy i hope they destroy Miami 

My guess is Buffalo will not rest starters until they have the game in hand. We have been bad for so long, I don’t see us laying down to help a division rival. The team is young and hungry and I don’t think they care who they play in the playoffs. After watching the Pats game, they seem extremely confident. Faking a punt and going for it a couple times on 4th down on their side of the field isn’t something a team that is settling for the 3rd seed would do. Again just my guess. 

Bills coach said he won’t reveal who is starting Sunday. May get some idea when practices start back up. Bills have to be careful because they could get the ravens too. They do not want to play the ravens the first game. I don’t think though they will be able to control who they play. To much can happen including Texans winning and colts getting the 4 seed.

Bills beating Dolphins is our best option to grab a playoff berth. If Big Ben is not playing Sunday then I think Browns could win that game. I doubt that Ravens lose and I do not see Titans losing to Bengals. We all need to be Bills fans on Sunday. I would love for a rematch against Steelers. We never should have lost that game.

7 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think we are looking at these games while simultaneously not discussing the Titans being ran down and potentially vulnerable against a * off JJ Watt, Watson and Texans team. I still like our chances of a division title.

I really hope the Texans have it in them to play spoiler. Their offense should be able to score a decent amount of points against that defense. Can the texans defense just please show some effort. It's the last game of the year. Put your body on the line to stop henry so you can end the season on a good note.

Archived