Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Even if we make the playoffs how would we beat the bills?

Stephen

8 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Same way we beat the Chiefs last year play keep away and run the ball. If the have one big weakness is stopping the run up the middle. Now can I trust Reich staying with that gameplan is another story lol.

tenor.gif

Funny Gif, I love the Simpsons. I bet if this guy came up Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV- they wouldn't mess with Bart anymore lmao 

Every team is beatable, even the Chiefs.

9 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Same way we beat the Chiefs last year play keep away and run the ball. If the have one big weakness is stopping the run up the middle. Now can I trust Reich staying with that gameplan is another story lol.

tenor.gif

Colts weakness is running up the middle, so let's see who's......weaker? lol 

41 minutes ago, coltsva said:

If we get in, we might not even play the Bills. 

Let us get in first. Actually, would like another shot at the Steelers to get it right this time. Do the same thing they did to us in 2005, lose the regular season game in Indy and come in as a #6 seed in the playoffs to beat us in Indy. Time to return the favor.

But first, let us get in.

Doesn't matter who we play. The playoffs are not for punks and this team isnt a punk.

The AFC is stacked to the hilt this year, and I think the Colts can play against every one of these teams.

Now, if we face Buffalo, they dont pretend to run the ball, and they shouldn't. They'll throw, and throw, and throw some more. If we don't fix the issues we had against the pass v PIT then we'll go home and you can hop on the draft campaign as some seem eager for. However, if we bring that 2nd half from the Packers game, then we can absolutely beat them. Win the turnover battle, win the game. Make plays, stay disciplined. This stuff seems cliche but that'll be the key. Make plays and stay disciplined, there'll be 2/3 chances for the defense to make plays.

On the offensive side, stay ahead of the count. PIT is the best defense this team will face all year unless they get to the SB and have NO waiting. And they shredded PIT and should have had more than they got. 

If the refs call fair, and we stay disciplined, guys....this team may not have Luck or Manning but I'm not ruling out a SB.

11 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

The bills have not played in 1 bad weather game all year.  The colts are built for bad weather, the bills are not

I know I already posted on this but I believe this post deserves more examination.  The essential premise that a team that plays its home games in Buffalo is not built to play in Buffalo?  You don't think their admin thought of potential cold weather games when acquiring talent?  Yeah, that dog don't hunt.  Just start with Josh Allen who can throw the ball through a hurricane and go from there.  

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Doesn't matter who we play. The playoffs are not for punks and this team isnt a punk.

The AFC is stacked to the hilt this year, and I think the Colts can play against every one of these teams.

Now, if we face Buffalo, they dont pretend to run the ball, and they shouldn't. They'll throw, and throw, and throw some more. If we don't fix the issues we had against the pass v PIT then we'll go home and you can hop on the draft campaign as some seem eager for. However, if we bring that 2nd half from the Packers game, then we can absolutely beat them. Win the turnover battle, win the game. Make plays, stay disciplined. This stuff seems cliche but that'll be the key. Make plays and stay disciplined, there'll be 2/3 chances for the defense to make plays.

On the offensive side, stay ahead of the count. PIT is the best defense this team will face all year unless they get to the SB and have NO waiting. And they shredded PIT and should have had more than they got. 

If the refs call fair, and we stay disciplined, guys....this team may not have Luck or Manning but I'm not ruling out a SB.

Your post was solid with reasonable thoughts until the refs line.  That is where it went off the rails.  A better way to say it would be "if the Colts don't hurt themselves with self-inflicted wounds like penalties."

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

They look more dangerous than the chiefs  rite now.

If we could ever play a full, complete game with our A game, I honestly think we could beat anyone. The problem is, we haven’t been doing that at all our season. It’s like we can’t consistently find the gas pedal

Just now, Air2theThrown said:

Ummm one team plays in upstate NY and the other in Indiana..... let that sink in a minute. 

They’ve not had a bad weather game yet. Niether team has. That said, the Colts are built more like the Ravens of the 2000s where they can grind it out in bad weather. The bills are more of a high flying offense like what the Colts had back with Peyton and Co. 

23 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Your post was solid with reasonable thoughts until the refs line.  That is where it went off the rails.  A better way to say it would be "if the Colts don't hurt themselves with self-inflicted wounds like penalties."

You don't think refs make biased calls?

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They’ve not had a bad weather game yet. Niether team has. That said, the Colts are built more like the Ravens of the 2000s where they can grind it out in bad weather. The bills are more of a high flying offense like what the Colts had back with Peyton and Co. 

The idea that Buffalo isn't buil to play in bad weather is simply not true.

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

You don't think refs make biased calls?

No.  And I have little regard for anyone that does believe that.  It is built in excuse making.

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The idea that Buffalo isn't buil to play in bad weather is simply not true.

No.  And I have little regard for anyone that does believe that.  It is built in excuse making.

I have stated on several threads that I thought the Colts loss to PIT was mainly self inflicted. We made silly mistakes. When we should have gone up 28-7, Glowinski got called for a silly push in the back. Was it a good call? Yes. He had no business pushing, it was bad football. With that said, there was a hold by PIT on the same play. 

I stated on several threads that in the 1st half of the PIT game, I thought Indy was getting the more favorable calls and had to pinch myself several times. That flipped in the second half, the Colts were getting called for every nonsense under the sun, and that's happened a bit this season. 

Now, I think the first responsibility of the team is to play as clean and disciplined a game as possible. Don't give the refs the chance to influence the game. However if you think they cannot be a factor, I don't know what to tell you. It happens and the 2nd half v PIT was pretty clear. They missed PIT fouls and never seemed to miss the Colts errors. Play clean, win. Sure. But the zebras can also be a factor.

As far as regard...it's an internet forum with mostly anonymous folks, your regard isn't worth toilet paper. That's the truth. Neither is mine to you. Lets agree to disagree or whatever instead of talking of regard and that type of empty talk. You don't think the refs are a factor, fine. I mostly agree but I also know that in close games, it can come down to one missed play call and vs PIT it probably did.

12 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

The bills have not played in 1 bad weather game all year.  The colts are built for bad weather, the bills are not

Josh Allen played collegiately at Wyoming, perhaps the college football stadium with worse weather than Buffalo typically gets late in the year.  

I assume you're kidding.  

10 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I have stated on several threads that I thought the Colts loss to PIT was mainly self inflicted. We made silly mistakes. When we should have gone up 28-7, Glowinski got called for a silly push in the back. Was it a good call? Yes. He had no business pushing, it was bad football. With that said, there was a hold by PIT on the same play. 

I stated on several threads that in the 1st half of the PIT game, I thought Indy was getting the more favorable calls and had to pinch myself several times. That flipped in the second half, the Colts were getting called for every nonsense under the sun, and that's happened a bit this season. 

Now, I think the first responsibility of the team is to play as clean and disciplined a game as possible. Don't give the refs the chance to influence the game. However if you think they cannot be a factor, I don't know what to tell you. It happens and the 2nd half v PIT was pretty clear. They missed PIT fouls and never seemed to miss the Colts errors. Play clean, win. Sure. But the zebras can also be a factor.

As far as regard...it's an internet forum with mostly anonymous folks, your regard isn't worth toilet paper. That's the truth. Neither is mine to you. Lets agree to disagree or whatever instead of talking of regard and that type of empty talk. You don't think the refs are a factor, fine. I mostly agree but I also know that in close games, it can come down to one missed play call and vs PIT it probably did.

I never once said the refs could not be a factor.  The "missed" PI on Hilton could have made a big difference as did the blatant offensive PI on Claypool. Those were missed or calls that were simply not made and not some inherent bias the refs had for Pitt or against Indy.  I can't stand that line of thinking.  Like I said - it is excuse making to me.  Indy did enough to get themselves beat.

My little regard comment was over the top.  Apologies there.  Just the comment in your post about "if the refs call it fair" is - well see thoughts above.

5 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Josh Allen played collegiately at Wyoming, perhaps the college football stadium with worse weather than Buffalo typically gets late in the year.  

I assume you're kidding.  

Eason versus Allen. Who has stronger arm lol

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

If you allow the refs to be a factor in the game, they will be. Learn to stomp on your opponent when you have them down. Colts didn't and allowed Steelers to get back in it, which in turn allowed the refs to be a factor.

This and some more of this.

Biggest penalty was the Glowinski one in the first half.  That took at least 3 point off the board.  That would have gone a long way to stepping on Pittsburgh's neck.  That penalty was 1) the right call and 2) had nothing to do with the play.  And then the plays that Colts did not make.  Taylor takes right side of Rivers on that blitz pick up, Rivers has at least a 30 yard completion to Doyle who was WFO.  They had their chances and blew them.

6 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I never once said the refs could not be a factor.  The "missed" PI on Hilton could have made a big difference as did the blatant offensive PI on Claypool. Those were missed or calls that were simply not made and not some inherent bias the refs had for Pitt or against Indy.  I can't stand that line of thinking.  Like I said - it is excuse making to me.  Indy did enough to get themselves beat.

My little regard comment was over the top.  Apologies there.  Just the comment in your post about "if the refs call it fair" is - well see thoughts above.

I see what you mean. I don't know that the bias is against Indy or pro home team but I bet if you conducted a set of psychological studies, it'd find that home teams get calls more often, and the refs are humans. The bias is often subconscious but i do think it's there.

At the end of the day, I think we are aligned here. We need to clean up our nonsense first. Dont give the refs a chance to be a factor at all. Dont push in the back when you have no business doing that. The missed call on TY was bad BUT fact is TY has drawn those all year so I can't be too mad when he doesn't get that call.

6 minutes ago, coltsva said:

If you allow the refs to be a factor in the game, they will be. Learn to stomp on your opponent when you have them down. Colts didn't and allowed Steelers to get back in it, which in turn allowed the refs to be a factor.

we didnt have the pass rush to put them away.  im not sure we have the talent on the roster to do that to a good oline 

Bills don't have a great D. So you start with playing good O. Their pass D is better than their run D. Also, they don't run the ball well. Stop/slow Allen, and you likely beat the Bills.

Our pass D isn't the best, so that's a lot to ask. From being #2 ranked early while playing chumps, we're now 18th..... 

Archived