Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich said they dont need to run more in second half.

TimetobringDfence!

21 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

The Colts drove it down the field on the first drive, with runs and passes, then elected to pass on 3rd and 3...where a run could have easily got the first down, IMHO.

JT has gotten so much better with his cuts and vision dude was in beast mode and they just gave up on him second half. We ran 8 times the whole half. Having a lead most the time, unexcuseable. All this talk about but the Steelers stacked the box crap is horse crap. Henry runs against loaded.fronts all the time. JT is just as capable, the man was getting extra yards and breaking tackles other players aren't capable of. We are capable of being top running team.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The worm has already started to turned on this one. Look at what happened to Manish Mehta. The Jets pulled his credentials because they were tired of him, and it cost him his job. 

Now that is, of course, an extreme case. Mehta hasn’t written of the Jets in a toxic manner in years.

But, they got away with it.

They choose who gets the premium access for coverage. Guys like Holder, they have to toe a line to keep that access.

Used to publications had the upper hand to stop it. If the Colts told a writer from the Star they weren’t allowed to have any more access because of negative press (although not in such a direct way, they would make sure it was legal) the Star would in turn just say “fine, we won’t publicize anything Colts related.” The farther back in time you go, the more people depended on that newspaper as their primary source to follow the Colts. 

But now there’s no one publication with the weight to push back against the NFL saying “we will no longer be allowing ___ media access”. They’ll just get rid of the person creating the issue and find someone who won’t. The league is now its own media source, so why put up with any external headache?

Guys like Holder, they’re just making sure not to make too many waves. 

**Edited to add**
Sorry for flying off into the weeds, that’s just something that I’ve noticed through the years, but the recent firing of Mehta, as toxic as he was, was a pretty impressive flex from the league, and I worry what that slippery slope could lead to...

It happened in professional wrestling. Vince McMahon shut everyone out of covering the WWF because he wanted to control how, and by whom it was covered, and suddenly everyone not under the WWF umbrella was just left to fend on their own. And Vince tried. He got together a group of the 10 best people extensively covering professional wrestling in the early 90s and he told them they could either come work for him and do whatever he wanted them to do, or they and their publications would be blacklisted forever. And that’s just what happened. Now WWE controls and provides their own coverage. 

What the ......   Heck?!?

You apologize for flying off the handle and then launch into WWF?!?    Like everyone compares one with the other.   That’s like saying elephants and mice are alike because they’re both animals.   Other than that, they have nothing in common.   Same with the NFL and WWF.    Though the both have an “F” in their abbreviation. 

Am I mistaken in that there is a very easy solution to prevent the defense from being in a stacked box ... that you go spread out offence with 3 WRs and one TE with one RB, thus making it very dangerous to stack the box and completely opening up the field to play action possibilities?  It sure seems to me that the most effective runs come when the offence is spread out, thus forcing the defence to also spread out, thus causing many more open lanes.

I am really growing to hate this two TE, tight  formation bias, especially when the TEs are plodding possession guys incapable of creating big plays.

Keep the offence in spread formations!  Use 3 receivers or split backfields with both Taylor and Hines on the field at the same time.  Team’s most explosive players ... Bloody well use them together to create mismatches!  It’s not rocket science.  

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What the ......   Heck?!?

You apologize for flying off the handle and then launch into WWF?!?    Like everyone compares one with the other.   That’s like saying elephants and mice are alike because they’re both animals.   Other than that, they have nothing in common.   Same with the NFL and WWF.    Though the both have an “F” in their abbreviation. 

There’s no relation between a legitimately covered industry locking outside reporters out in favor of their own and a legitimately covered sport now doing the same? 

The whole point was that reporters now cover % a lot less objectively than they claim. I walked away from covering the music business for that very reason this year. They want promotional reporting. 

So guys like Holder toe the line and don’t rock the boat. 

22 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Am I mistaken in that there is a very easy solution to prevent the defense from being in a stacked box ... that you go spread out offence with 3 WRs and one TE with one RB, thus making it very dangerous to stack the box and completely opening up the field to play action possibilities?  It sure seems to me that the most effective runs come when the offence is spread out, thus forcing the defence to also spread out, thus causing many more open lanes.

I am really growing to hate this two TE, tight  formation bias, especially when the TEs are plodding possession guys incapable of creating big plays.

Keep the offence in spread formations!  Use 3 receivers or split backfields with both Taylor and Hines on the field at the same time.  Team’s most explosive players ... Bloody well use them together to create mismatches!  It’s not rocket science.  

Good point, Burton has been very disappointing.  Hell even if they stack the box I still say run JT when you have a double digit lead. Or at least runs some screen or short slants when they run blitz. It seemed like we were going for homeruns like we were the ones playing catch up, even with the lead. Frank puzzles me at times. Great plays and designs, but when teams adjust he seems to get out coached.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

There’s no relation between a legitimately covered industry locking outside reporters out in favor of their own and a legitimately covered sport now doing the same? 

The whole point was that reporters now cover % a lot less objectively than they claim. I walked away from covering the music business for that very reason this year. They want promotional reporting. 

So guys like Holder toe the line and don’t rock the boat. 

Mike Wells lol

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Mike Wells lol

Mike has been pretty vocal about it through the years. I used to work in a newspaper so I speak from experience. 

Look at Brad Wells. That guy used to call the Colts out all the time. And they wouldn’t give him the time of day. 

And when that website was acquired to become a part of Bleacher Report Brad was not. 

Don’t take much to figure out why. It takes a big fish to get away with that stuff. No one at the local or even internet level is big enough. 

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

That’s not what he said Zack Hicks described the predicament Colts were in.

I didnt look that closely yet, as i am still very disappointed.  But i kinda assumed they loaded the box on us.  They are also very good at stunting and timing the rush, coming in waves at times that are difficult to pick up.

However, maybe a draw, or screen to loosen things up?  Also would gave helped to keep the clock moving.

But up 3 scores, mid-wayish thru the third?  You should be able to hold on.

I hope we see them again. 

7 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Frank is Pagano 2.0. Just my opinion. A great voice, respected man, and nice guy. I like the man's guts on 4th downs but he abandons the run continuosly all year. He puts blind faith into Rivers real ceiling. I think Phil is a great player and capable of winning us a superbowl if we utilize our personel better. But I'm staring to think Frank cant do it. I hope I have to eat crow and  Iam wrong, but my gut is saying otherwise. I'd hate to see us stick with him calling plays a few more seasons to see him make same mistakes with no adjustments.

I wouldn't go that far.  

Frank, IMO, is a very good play caller overall.  Like any other coach, some plays he has called that haven't worked get put under the microscope.

He was missing his starting OTs today vs. a very good pass rush and had one of his backups go down late in the game.  The Steelers were stacking the box.  Few, if any, coaches are going to thrive in that situation.  

We have to win next week and hope for some help.  I'm pretty confident this team will be able to win at least  1 playoff game, if we get in.  If we get in, stay healthy, I won't be shocked to see us make a run.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

You do make some points but refer to the quote below about not running, its easy to say run the ball but you have to listen to situation and ball placement too.

Also we did not have a top 5 O-Line on sunday, Braden smith, Castonzo, and while some people hate Clark he was also missing then we had Holden out for the second half so the quality of LT and RT were severely lacking going against a great pass rush.

Yes, but that logic gets in the way of a good finger pointing session!

:D

8 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

I wouldn't go that far.  

Frank, IMO, is a very good play caller overall.  Like any other coach, some plays he has called that haven't worked get put under the microscope.

He was missing his starting OTs today vs. a very good pass rush and had one of his backups go down late in the game.  The Steelers were stacking the box.  Few, if any, coaches are going to thrive in that situation.  

We have to win next week and hope for some help.  I'm pretty confident this team will be able to win at least  1 playoff game, if we get in.  If we get in, stay healthy, I won't be shocked to see us make a run.

We were running just fine in first half and the load the box then and JT was getting it done. Now running play action and deep passes was going against our replacement tackles. Reich should have ran until running wasnt working. I know you mix it up a bit but our passes should be quick short passes that allow Rivers to avoid the rush.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It also means giving credit to the other team and that just seems like that’s not aloud here.  

Big Ben did play good the second half. If Frank had brought LOGIC he would have seen we had two rushing TDs the first half and that Rivers was being abused in the pocket. Maybe Logic says stick to thr run game with a lead when the other teams QB is getting hot. Not trying to go out and try to out gun Ben when we had a 10 point lead. I know the refs didn't help. But we have to control what we can like play balance and clock management.

12 hours ago, Zoltan said:

You do make some points but refer to the quote below about not running, its easy to say run the ball but you have to listen to situation and ball placement too.

Also we did not have a top 5 O-Line on sunday, Braden smith, Castonzo, and while some people hate Clark he was also missing then we had Holden out for the second half so the quality of LT and RT were severely lacking going against a great pass rush.

This. . . 

We most certainly do not have a top 5 OL with 2 backup tackles in the game.  

Quite frankly given the Steelers D and the fact that we were missing both our tackles I'm surprised that the Colts did as well as they did.  I didn't get the game televised, I listened to it on the radio and when I heard that we were missing Castonzo and Smith I briefly considered not even listening to the game.  

Frank Reich gets honestly too little credit for the wins we get but everyone piles on him after a loss.  

Does anyone want to give Frank Reich credit that he pushed for Rivers when people insisted at the beginning of the season that he was washed up and said we should start Easton? (Despite the fact that we had a winning record).   On that matter does anyone want to give Frank a little bit of credit for improving Phillip's stats.  Phillip this year has half as many INT's as he did last year and the same number of TD's as last year.  Phillip has a slightly higher completion percentage as last year, the same yards per attempt as last year, and a 10 point higher passer rating.

Does Reich get credit for any of that?   Or is he somehow never the cause of anything good that happens around here but always responsible for every single loss?  

56 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We were running just fine in first half and the load the box then and JT was getting it done. Now running play action and deep passes was going against our replacement tackles. Reich should have ran until running wasnt working. I know you mix it up a bit but our passes should be quick short passes that allow Rivers to avoid the rush.

See @JediXMan's post below.  We weren't exactly lighting it up with the run in the first have (<4 ypc).  

Our first two scoring drives in the first half were mixed with running and passing, with the bulk of our yards coming in chunks on pass plays.  Looks like we started the 2nd half with a similar game plan (see below).  Our 3rd TD was a 2 play drive with a 1 yard run by JT and a 42 yard bomb to Pascal.  

We were pretty effective in the first half with the mix we were running (aside from the fumble deep in our own territory, which gave PItt the ball on the 3).    The team as a whole did not play well in the 2nd half.  

Still, good chance of making the playoffs with both Buffalo and Pitt wanting to win next week to get 2nd play in the AFC.  My guess is 1 or both of them win over Miami and Cleveland, respectively.  If we take care of business in Jax, we should punch our ticket and hopefully we heat up again.

13 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Another excellent thread going into the details. It’s easy to say they what they should’ve done but at the end of the day Colts didn’t execute and prolong drives.

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

The worm has already started to turned on this one. Look at what happened to Manish Mehta. The Jets pulled his credentials because they were tired of him, and it cost him his job. 

Now that is, of course, an extreme case. Mehta hasn’t written of the Jets in a toxic manner in years.

But, they got away with it.

They choose who gets the premium access for coverage. Guys like Holder, they have to toe a line to keep that access.

Used to publications had the upper hand to stop it. If the Colts told a writer from the Star they weren’t allowed to have any more access because of negative press (although not in such a direct way, they would make sure it was legal) the Star would in turn just say “fine, we won’t publicize anything Colts related.” The farther back in time you go, the more people depended on that newspaper as their primary source to follow the Colts. 

But now there’s no one publication with the weight to push back against the NFL saying “we will no longer be allowing ___ media access”. They’ll just get rid of the person creating the issue and find someone who won’t. The league is now its own media source, so why put up with any external headache?

Guys like Holder, they’re just making sure not to make too many waves. 

**Edited to add**
Sorry for flying off into the weeds, that’s just something that I’ve noticed through the years, but the recent firing of Mehta, as toxic as he was, was a pretty impressive flex from the league, and I worry what that slippery slope could lead to...

It happened in professional wrestling. Vince McMahon shut everyone out of covering the WWF because he wanted to control how, and by whom it was covered, and suddenly everyone not under the WWF umbrella was just left to fend on their own. And Vince tried. He got together a group of the 10 best people extensively covering professional wrestling in the early 90s and he told them they could either come work for him and do whatever he wanted them to do, or they and their publications would be blacklisted forever. And that’s just what happened. Now WWE controls and provides their own coverage. 

Yeah, this is not a good example of any point you're trying to make.

Mehta was a garb age human being. He literally assaulted the owner of the Jets minor son, or something like that. Why he wasn't let go before is anyone's guess but the Colts beat is filled with standup guys FWIW.

You want Holder to pummel the team? For what exactly? Is the GM doing a bad job? Coaches? Players? What exactly are they supposed to attack the team for? To satisfy a few fans who think they're water carriers?

Some of us are old enough to remember when writers attacked Dungy and Manning and Polian endlessly. Bob Kravitz is a writer who'll never be someone i reckon with because of that. Imagine being so clueless that you go relentlessly at a crew who won 12 games/season falling out of bed. Sure, they could have added more rings but the way Kravitz wrote, you'd think they were......the 2017 Colts.

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, this is not a good example of any point you're trying to make.

Mehta was a garb age human being. He literally assaulted the owner of the Jets minor son, or something like that. Why he wasn't let go before is anyone's guess but the Colts beat is filled with standup guys FWIW.

You want Holder to pummel the team? For what exactly? Is the GM doing a bad job? Coaches? Players? What exactly are they supposed to attack the team for? To satisfy a few fans who think they're water carriers?

Some of us are old enough to remember when writers attacked Dungy and Manning and Polian endlessly. Bob Kravitz is a writer who'll never be someone i reckon with because of that. Imagine being so clueless that you go relentlessly at a crew who won 12 games/season falling out of bed. Sure, they could have added more rings but the way Kravitz wrote, you'd think they were......the 2017 Colts.

nonesense. Bull. %. 

I acknowledged Mehta was not someone the Jets wanted around. Fully. 

But the Jets still showed what everyone in the “reporting” business has long now known:

Rock the boat and face the waves. 

They decide who is allowed to cover their sport and who isn’t. And when they decide that someone isn’t, that cuts the legs right out of their career.  

Whether whatever is written is warranted or not is entirely irrelevant. The whole point is the NFL and its teams control the narratives surrounding them by suppressing anyone they don’t want around by denying them media access. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

nonesense. Bull. %. 

I acknowledged Mehta was not someone the Jets wanted around. Fully. 

But the Jets still showed what everyone in the “reporting” business has long now known:

Rock the boat and face the waves. 

They decide who is allowed to cover their sport and who isn’t. And when they decide that someone isn’t, that cuts the legs right out of their career.  

Whether whatever is written is warranted or not is entirely irrelevant. The whole point is the NFL and its teams control the narratives surrounding them by suppressing anyone they don’t want around by denying them media access. 

Newsflash....The whole society runs that way. I bet you do the same thing in your everyday life (most people do anyhow), you want to hear the good about yourself and when there's someone who critiques you, you get frazzled and * and in all likelihood don't want that person around. And if a person attacks you unfairly when you're on the up and up, you 100% definitely dont want that cancer around you. Not sure why you think the NFL would run differently. 

Again, I ask, what exactly is Holder supposed to be saying? That the team stinks? That they're losers? What exactly is it you want to hear that you're not getting?

12 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Newsflash....The whole society runs that way. I bet you do the same thing in your everyday life (most people do anyhow), you want to hear the good about yourself and when there's someone who critiques you, you get frazzled and * and in all likelihood don't want that person around. And if a person attacks you unfairly when you're on the up and up, you 100% definitely dont want that cancer around you. Not sure why you think the NFL would run differently. 

Again, I ask, what exactly is Holder supposed to be saying? That the team stinks? That they're losers? What exactly is it you want to hear that you're not getting?

So it went from “that doesn’t make sense!” To “that’s how the world works!”

That’s quite a swing, but ok...

I didn’t say Holder was supposed to say a darn word. Someone wondered why he glossed over abandoning the run in the second half and I offered a reason why. 

Do I need to go quote the posts in order for you since you missed it the first time?

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I don’t care about stacked boxes. The Colts have a top 5 O-line and a 17 point lead. It’s basic football to run the ball when you’re up 3 scores. Even if you’re not successful, you take time off the clock. But even then, where was Hines in the short passing game? Where was the screen plays? Why are they acting like you can only run it up the middle? Get the TEs on the edge and run stretch to the outside. I understand Holder has a job to do but trying to cover for Reich as if it wasn’t on him (Eberflus deserves credit too) is silly.

So the thing is missing both tackles and being on your 3rd string LT at that, is you Oline top 5. I would argue those are the most important positions when playing TJ Watt.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

So it went from “that doesn’t make sense!” To “that’s how the world works!”

That’s quite a swing, but ok...

I didn’t say Holder was supposed to say a darn word. Someone wondered why he glossed over abandoning the run in the second half and I offered a reason why. 

Do I need to go quote the posts in order for you since you missed it the first time?

Yes, please go over the posts again. Not sure where i said it doesn't make sense. I literally said you were giving a bad example of whatever your point was.

And the Colts didnt abandon the run for no good reason so why should a reporter talk about that when it's a silly point to make? Because some fans thought they should have kept running into stacked boxes? Please lets be smart. They won in the first half on the back of Rivers NOT JT/Hines.

2 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

So the thing is missing both tackles and being on your 3rd string LT at that, is you Oline top 5. I would argue those are the most important positions when playing TJ Watt.

Exactly. It's almost like no one saw what happened v Cleveland when we were missing just Castonzo.

Again, I will repeat what I've said quite a few times already. The 1st half is what elicited this whole reaction. If Indy would have come out and got thumped like the * did in the 2nd game, we'd all be shrugging and saying "yeah that line was horrible, it was bound to happen". However we dominated the heck out of them and built a lead that ought to have been insurmountable so folks got mad and forgot WHO we had trotted out at tackle. 

Interesting stat they had on NFL website here's the quote

"Indianapolis is now 1-3 when Philip Rivers is pressured on more than 23 percent of his dropbacks. As good as the Colts' offensive line is, the team would benefit from having a quarterback who didn't leave them such a small margin for error."

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Exactly. It's almost like no one saw what happened v Cleveland when we were missing just Castonzo.

Again, I will repeat what I've said quite a few times already. The 1st half is what elicited this whole reaction. If Indy would have come out and got thumped like the * did in the 2nd game, we'd all be shrugging and saying "yeah that line was horrible, it was bound to happen". However we dominated the heck out of them and built a lead that ought to have been insurmountable so folks got mad and forgot WHO we had trotted out at tackle. 

This, we should recognize what a great job the team did covering up for a Swiss cheese T situation. Pitt just figured it out in the 2nd. As for the D, that was sad. Protect a 17 point lead. You know they are passing so just go.

9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yes, please go over the posts again. Not sure where i said it doesn't make sense. I literally said you were giving a bad example of whatever your point was.

And the Colts didnt abandon the run for no good reason so why should a reporter talk about that when it's a silly point to make? Because some fans thought they should have kept running into stacked boxes? Please lets be smart. They won in the first half on the back of Rivers NOT JT/Hines.

I don’t care why the poster posed the question. It has no bearing. I gave an answer to his question. Your nonesense is irrelevant. 

Sorry, you didn’t say it didn’t make sense. That was the other nimrod. You just said it was not a good example. And then turned around and said “that’s how the world works”. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Holder has a inflated ego. He thinks he knows more then everyone else about football What Reich said is correct but then the question is why not change your groupings or some screen passes to defeat the blitz.

I dont think I've ever got that feeling from Holder. If anything he seems pretty weak when it comes to Xs and Os and relies on others to carry water there. He doesn't really question that because it's pretty clear (to me anyway) that it isnt his strength. How do you question a coaching crew on something when they have forgotten more than you will ever know? Football isnt easy and many times unless you're on the inside, it's hard to know what the calls were. Reich admitted his play calling could have been better, and he also laid out clearly how running more was going to be easier said than done. 

Change groupings how? What are you asking the QB to do and is he good at it? How successful will the suggestions be when you've got OT 7 and 8 out there?

I dunno. I 100% expected Indy to lose. The game started and i was pleasantly surprised at how well we held up. I was also keenly aware that we have had trouble closing out games (heck we played the Steelers last year and should have won) so i tempered my expectations of a dub. We lost. It's a bitter pill but goodness, the hand wringing and accusations at the journalists is something else. We lost because we could not stop the pass, why are we not going nuts at the DC? Why're we talking of the offense? We know what kind of talent we trotted out, we had no business being as successful as we wound up being IMHO

15 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Watt was quiet except for 2 plays. But even so I’d be more scared about passing with backup tackles than running the the ball. It was really Hilton on the blitz that was killing us in terms of pass rush. Apparently the Colts don’t know how to pick up a corner blitz.

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t care why the poster posed the question. It has no bearing. I gave an answer to his question. Your nonesense is irrelevant. 

Sorry, you didn’t say it didn’t make sense. That was the other nimrod. You just said it was not a good example. And then turned around and said “that’s how the world works”. 

You mentioned the worst journalist in the NFL and used him as an example of reporting.

Your example can be BAD while the situation can also be an example of how society handles itself. Those are not mutually exclusive FYI.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Watt was quiet except for 2 plays. But even so I’d be more scared about passing with backup tackles than running the the ball. It was really Hilton on the blitz that was killing us in terms of pass rush. Apparently the Colts don’t know how to pick up a corner blitz.

When watching the game I got the feel he was creating havoc. He should have 2.5 sacks as he was in on one more. The ff was massive basically a strip six.

16 hours ago, Zoltan said:

RE: the oline, which was even MORE reason to run the ball.  We had a maligned o-line to start the game, then when Holden went out, it got even worse, yet we were still trying to throw long developing pass plays, which led to at least 2 quick three and outs.

More inexplicable is that Rivers threw the ball 35 times...and Taylor had ONE target the entire game...ONE. And Hines only had ONE as well...until the final drive.

Just unbelievable. You have the 6th ranked receiving back in Taylor and the 10th ranked receiving back in Hines (according to DVOA)...and you throw a combined TWO targets all game...until the last drive. We have watched this work for most of the season...even resulting in TDs a few times...and they just took it out of the game plan.

I doubt the local media would even bother to ask Reich about that. If you were trying to not win a game...I would think refusing to dump off to your RBs (which is a staple of your offense) against one of the top pressuring DLs in the NFL would be on the "to-do" list. 

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The problem with Reich is no adjustments. Change your personell to a big run package. Stop treating a bad RT as if they are as good as your starting RT.  Where was short screen passes to loosen up the box. 

I believe that Reich is a good coach but he makes to many mistakes and every week he admits to it. I mean admitting it is very honorable but it cost us games at times and that is inexcusable in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Sad. How the hell do you only give the lead back averaging 4 yards a carry only 2 carries after the half when you’re up by 17? These beat writers trying to tow the line with this stacked box narrative can miss me with that. 

The media in Indy is soft we all know it they like Reich so they write nice stuff about him and it's not good writing. They don't say the facts which is not good reading for those of us who care about this stuff like me. 

58 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

More inexplicable is that Rivers threw the ball 35 times...and Taylor had ONE target the entire game...ONE. And Hines only had ONE as well...until the final drive.

Just unbelievable. You have the 6th ranked receiving back in Taylor and the 10th ranked receiving back in Hines (according to DVOA)...and you throw a combined TWO targets all game...until the last drive. We have watched this work for most of the season...even resulting in TDs a few times...and they just took it out of the game plan.

I doubt the local media would even bother to ask Reich about that. If you were trying to not win a game...I would think refusing to dump off to your RBs (which is a staple of your offense) against one of the top pressuring DLs in the NFL would be on the "to-do" list. 

This. That’s how you slow down the pressure.  It’s the same thing all the time with Reich. They hired more offensive minds last season and he is still making the same mistakes. If you go back to 2018 even in the last game of the season and the first playoff game the same thing happened. Luck got huge leads and then we barely scored any pts.

Archived