Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

madden ratings

hockey878

I have huge problems with

- Collie is a 79? are you kidding? how about 85 at least? before his fist concussion he was in top 5 in yards and top 3 in tds.

- Gonzo is a 70. i think he should be like a 75 or 76. but i guess i cant really complain about that too much.

- Ijalana is not in the game......

- Freeney is rated too low. should be a 97 at least.

- Brackett is an 86. I love gary, but he should be more like an 82.

- Powers is an 81. should probably be an 84 or 85. (kelvin is an 85...)

- Maybe the worst of all.... MELVIN BULLITT is a 79, while aaron francisco is a 76. that has to be a joke. Bullitt should be 82-83.

i think thats it..

My link

If it's anything like last year's game none of it matters. If they don't put defense back in the game the only thing that will determine who wins and loses (Head to head, not against the CPU) is who scores last and doesn't leave enough time on the clock for the other guy to score again.

If it's anything like last year's game none of it matters. If they don't put defense back in the game the only thing that will determine who wins and loses (Head to head, not against the CPU) is who scores last and doesn't leave enough time on the clock for the other guy to score again.

I hated last years game. played it for like 2 weeks then brought it back and moved on to NBA 2k11 which was a lot better imo. Still, annoying to see some of the absurd ratings. i can live with some of them. but collie a 79 is terrible. especially when garcon is an 82 and TAMME is and 83. Talk about giving credit to the wrong guys, did they even watch a colts game last year?

I too migrated to NBA 2K11, but I found it to just be too buggy. I really wanted to play My Player mode, but the freezing killed it, and then they released the patch which totally broke it, and that, coupled with franchise freezing caused me to trade the game in. I've still got Madden, but I play 10 instead.

TBH, I don't even know where my copy of 11 is. I think I threw it behind the TV stand along with my "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" DVD. Now I just pretend they didn't happen and don't exist when I need an excuse not to look for them.

yea NBA 2k11 was really buggy. still liked the game though. mine didnt really freeze at all so maybe i got a lucky copy or something. I just dont understand why they can just put the NCAA game engine in madden. the gameplay in NCAA is so much better, but im much more interested in NFL than college.

These ratings are full of fail.

smh

-Collie Should be better than Garcon

-Brown though he hasn't been great, should be a 75

-Castonzo should be a 79

-Where is Ijalana?

-Angerer and Connor are under rated

-McAfee is under rated, should at least be an 80

-Muir is rated higher than AJ lol

-Powers should be an 85

-Francisco (though he is no longer here) being within 3 points of Bullitt is a joke.

That's all I can think of for now. This is the guy who does them https://twitter.com/#!/Donny_Moore , evidently he dosn't watch football.

Hopefully they will improve with a few roster updates.

They are usually pretty questionable when the game first drops.

I know a few years back they must have been Jets fans because the Jets were ALWAYS terribly overrated when the reality was they sucked.

I'll take a game with totally batcrap ratings if it means the game itself is actually good, though.

Hopefully they will improve with a few roster updates.

They are usually pretty questionable when the game first drops.

I know a few years back they must have been Jets fans because the Jets were ALWAYS terribly overrated when the reality was they sucked.

I'll take a game with totally batcrap ratings if it means the game itself is actually good, though.

agreed.

The ratings are so off for "less renown" players in any sports game on a platform that has updates is to make you subscribe to the update system, i.e. xbox live, in order to get ratings that more accurately reflect player skill. It's business.

They always re-edit the rankings by the time the season starts. Heck, there will probably be a roster to download the day the game comes out.

Tackling mechanics appear to be much improved, and hopefully they bump the difficulty up a bit. Last game's All-Madden seemed to be more like All-Pro from a couple games ago.

collie should be an 85.

Derrick mason is an 86. His 2010 stats

61 catches 802 yards 7 TD's in 16 games

Austin Collie's stats

59 catches 649 yards 8 TD's... in 9 games played... and thats even with him playing in only half of 3 of those 9 games.

collie should for sure be better than a 79.

Josh Cribbs is rated a 79. his CAREER stats

59 for 580 and 3 td's

Jerricho Cotchery is a 79.

41 catches for 433 and 2tds in 14 games.

Braylon Edwards is an 85

53 904 and 8tds in 16 games

collie is WAY underrated in this game

Anyone remember that one song on either Madden 07 or 08 where the guy sings this same lyric over and over. "I got dreadlocks falling all over me. I got dreadlocks falling all over me." I would love to be at a concert of his and he forgot the lyrics to that song.

I've had a chance to get my hands on the new demo, and after playing as both the Packers and the Bears (Which made me feel quite dirty) here's my first assessment of what I saw in the game in the form of the good, the bad, and they ugly:

The Good:

• Pre-Game Presentation

Some pretty cool new bells and whistles added before the start of a game. It seems they want to build on what they did last year, and it seems now every team will have it’s own, unique, true to life entrance. I would like to stress my emphasis on calling all of that bells and whistles, though. A good pre-game show doesn’t save a game that sucks. It is the closest thing we’ve seen yet to what we see on Sunday’s though It’s not all good, though, as I’ll detail later on.
  • WR‘s Pay More Attention To The Ball

In previous years games, to hit a deep pass, you usually always had to hit the WR in stride, or else he would just keep running away from the ball. Not anymore. If a deep pass is under thrown, a WR will stop and turn around to wait on it. The downside to this is the DB’s who are deep with him don’t seem to have that same ability.

• D-line Lag has been removed

One of the most annoying things about Madden 11 to me was how defensive linemen got off the line and into a play about half a second after everyone else. It made rushing the passer as a speed end nearly impossible, and it was just an all around pain to deal with. Not anymore. D-linemen are active with the play now. My only complaint is you can’t “Spring Load” a defensive end with the left analog stick. Used to you could push the left stick in the direction you wanted to rush a small amount pre-snap to “Spring Load” him, like speed rushers do, but that’s something that hasn’t been in the series since Madden 10.
  • New Tackling System

Quite possibly the best thing about this game. It’s realistic, doesn’t have the “Suck Tackle” and doesn’t make the taking down the ball carrier like taking down a building with a rock hammer. On one particular play, a kickoff, my defender was having some trouble taking the ball carrier down. Now, the ball carrier wasn’t going to wiggle out and get away like he would have in Madden 11, but it was going to be a second or so more before I was able to bring him down. Well, at leas until one of my players came to the rescue. He hit the ball carrier hard and knocked him backwards easily. In past Maddens, the second defender would have just run into the tackle and bounced off of it and had no effect on it. No longer. This new tackling system seems like a winner.

• New Field Goal Camera Angle

This could go in the presentation point, but I’m giving it it’s own. Now, when you go to kick a FG, the default camera angle is the same angle you see in real NFL games: From the opposing end zone. It’s not a huge improvement, or one that was necessary at all, but I really like it.
  • The Defensive AI Has Gotten Smarter

One of the very, very few compliments that could be made about Madden 11 was that the defense was more aware of the QB when he left the pocket to pass. This year, the defensive awareness and play calling have greatly improved. It seems they now play tricks like showing blitz, which makes you really have to pay attention to them after the snap. They also seem to call more diverse plays that work to it’s advantage. I liked what I saw out of the CPU defense.

• The Offensive Line Makes Better Pockets

In Madden’s past, O lines usually made holy, small pockets, if they ever got around to making one at all. In Madden 12, I noticed a great improvement in pocket building. In past Maddens, the pocket really hasn’t been all that useful for the reasons mentioned above, and because you didn’t necessarily have to use it as a QB. This year, though, it seems the pocket is becoming more pivotal to a pass play. It seems that the defense has a fairly easy time getting sacks/pressure, and that’s going to make the pocket much more important than in years past. (Though I’m not so sure that the ability to get pressure/sacks needs to be dialed back, as I’ll mention in a moment.)
The Bad:
  • Interception Lag

Iiiiiitttttttssssss baaaaacccckkkk! Ugh. When you make a pick, and the camera turns around to face the direction you’ll now be running, there is quite a delay between the camera being turned, and the play resuming. It’s more than enough time to plot out a general return course based on whatever is in front of you, and that takes away from the game in my opinion. In the past couple of years interceptions were more fluid. The camera turned and as soon as it was done you had to think on your feet to get a good return. That’s how it happens on the field, that’s how it should be in the game. Turn the camera, turn them on. The defense already got a pick, now don’t give them an advantage ontop of that.

• Game Speed

I felt like I was on speed the whole time I was playing. The game speed was set to “Normal” but it didn’t feel normal at all. It felt like everything was happening at 1.5X. I played with the speed settings and didn’t notice difference between “Slow” and “Normal”, and “Very Slow” seemed too slow… Hopefully this is just an early build, and the speed is a little better in the final release.
  • It‘s Hard To Watch The Gameclock

With the time-runoff after you select a play it usually leaves very little time to audible, set a man in motion, or use hot routes. Being able to quickly glance at the gameclock while doing this as it was inside 10 seconds was easy to do in years past. This year, the gameclock is on the score-bar in the top left corner of the screen. It doesn’t seem like it, but to look up at it is very distracting, and quite a ways out of the way compared to what it has been in years past.

• Tackle Sounds

Erm, this game just sounds plain weird. Literally every tackle sounds like an automobile crash. The pops seem too loud, and some of them even sound like crashing two metal trash can lids together. Also, on punts and kickoffs, it sounds like you have your head right down by the ball with your ear inches away from the point of contact. The sounds in the game can be quite awkward at times.
  • Kickoffs Seem to be “Nerfed“

With the new kickoff location being at the 35, most kickoffs are going to find the back of the end zone if they don’t just pass over it completely. In this game, though, very few got behind the middle of the end zone. The NFL may be attempting to get rid of kickoffs, but it looks like Madden will have none of it.

• Fumbles May Still Be Excessive

One of Madden 11’s biggest problems was it’s fumble logic. If a QB was being hit as he tried to throw and his throw was cut short, the game called it as a fumble when in reality it was an incomplete pass. I’m happy to report that it seems that has been fixed, but then I have to pass along my opinion that fumbles are still a little too excessive. I caused a couple during sacks, and the strip button seems to work better than it ever has. And with the strip button no longer meaning there is a very good chance the ball carrier gets away from the tackle, expect to see it used a lot more than it has been.
  • Blocking May Have Gotten Worse

As I mentioned earlier, it’s much easier to get pressure and sacks on the QB. I’ve seen some blocks that should have been picked up that weren’t because an O-linemen was apparently in la-la land. I’ve also seen some really poor special teams blocking. The past few years the blocking has been pretty good overall, but I can’t help but feel that maybe it is gonna be an issue again this year…

The Ugly:

• Game Presentation

Get ready for close-ups. Lot’s of close-ups. Close-ups so close you will be able to see the HGH oozing out of clay matthews head. I noticed a few times during pre-game that there were some really close up shots. During the game, nearly EVERYTHING you see between plays is a close-up of someone. It’s unnecessarily close, and had a tendency to make me dizzy. Seriously, some of the shots are so close, if the jersey’s actually had stitching on them, you’d be able to see it. To add to that, the players still have the “Creepy crazy eyes”, so when it shows someone’s face, it’s going to look quite unnatural. Sometimes they like to give the camera a “handheld” feel, but it’s too shaky. Much shakier than any camera you will see on an NFL broadcast.
Maybe they spent so much of the budget on the pre-game bells and whistles that they had to hire discount cameramen with Parkinson’s and epilepsy… But it’s good to know Michael J Fox is still getting work… (Yeah, that was mean.)
On the same lines, the new pre-snap and post-snap camera angle has been changed, and not for the better in my eyes. The camera has been elevated and now you’re looking down from the top more than you are from the back. It doesn’t cause any major problems, but it’s certainly different from past Maddens, and it’s a change that really wasn’t at all necessary. I couldn’t change it in the demo, but I don’t see any way it couldn’t be changed in the full game.
At least I hope.
  • The Play-Selection Box Looks Awful

For those of us who treat “game flow” (Or “Ask Madden, as it was known for the 10 years nobody used it) like it gives us leprosy, get ready to hurt your eyes. The play-calling screen has been overhauled, and not for the better. The formations were harder to decipher, and the playart is as well, due mainly to a turf-like background they are now on. Would really like to see a return of the flat colors background like years past.

Overall, the demo really doesn’t give us much insight as to whether or not the game is better or worse than last year’s edition. It seems like a early build (There isn’t even commentary in the demo) so hopefully the shipping build is a little better, and I imagine a patch to correct some things is ready to drop already. There will be a few patches released before Christmas no doubt to address some issues, so hopefully they can fix the things that need fixing with those patches.

The demo just doesn’t offer any real definitive answer as to whether or not this is an improvement from Madden 11.

I think I’m going to hold off on getting it for about a month or so this year. I vowed last year after getting screwed by buying 11 that if 12 was even almost as bad I was going to pass. I guess I’ll let it drop and see what the word on the street is before I make my decision this year…

John, I have read that the Demo is actually the pre E3 build. So it's a pretty old build.

That's not surprising. I've seen some visual glitches that shouldn't be in a game that close to release.

But that just goes to show us how much EA cares: They couldn't even do a recently built demo... >_<

Hidden

Anyone remember that one song on either Madden 07 or 08 where the guy sings this same lyric over and over. "I got dreadlocks falling all over me. I got dreadlocks falling all over me." I would love to be at a concert of his and he forgot the lyrics to that song.

haha yeah that was a good 1..that whole soundtrack was awesome

-agreed that Collie is a bit low.

-lol at Dallas and Reggie having the same speed.

-Santi is a 70?

-Saturday is not nearly a 95

-Linkenbach should probably be more like a 70

-Conner is too low. 65? he played pretty well last year.

-Antonio Johnson is too low as well. worse than Muir? lol. he is easily our best DT.

-Freeney having the same rating as Mathis is a joke. Freeney >>> Mathis

-Hayden is better than Powers? lol.

-Francisco a 76? LOLWUT.

-Bethea is a good player but 93 seeems a bit high. i'd probably give him an 88.

-Bullit's rating is fair.

i'm kind of tempted to go through and make my own ratings for everyone.

Thank you! Video games are for 13 yr. olds, or guys that can't get women.

Maybe some day the rest of us can be as cool as you are.

Maybe.

Most likely won't happen, though. That's a pinnacle very few ever achieve. You truly have a legitimate claim to be "the coolest in the world."

You may even be too cool to hang out here... Might wanna go somewhere else where all the other cool old men are. :thmup:

CPU defense was pretty bad, but it was decent if can user the MLB or FS well.