Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Castonzo retire?? / Castonzo having season-ending ankle surgery (merge)

Easier to find a Guard as opposed to LT by quite a bit, most important position on the line should have best player there. Pay Nelson like a LT and play him at LT. I worry Smith cant switch over as effectively due to his short arms, love him at RT though.

We need to spend money and draft capital on an edge rusher and shut down corner imo.   Rock regressed, Rhodes bounced back from 2 bad seasons in Minnesota but not a true shut down corner any longer.  Houston solid but ageing, Turay we arent sure if he can fully regain what he had.

• Like 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to rest the starters...

Regardless, we need to figure out his replacement this off season. It’s priority #1. 

Need pass rushers badly. No corners can cover these receivers today with no pass rush.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It all comes down to what they think of Eason. For all we know they are falling in love with him.  But you never pass up on a QB if you have identified the next guy and he is obtainable. You just don’t know what will be in the next draft. So when you have identified him go and try and get him.

I get QB is the most valuable position with out a doubt. I gues my thinking is if we have the best Oline and keep Taylor we can win with good qb play. Dont need a HOFer to get it done. But it would be nice to find a franchise quality guy.

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I get QB is the most valuable position with out a doubt. I gues my thinking is if we have the best Oline and keep Taylor we can win with good qb play. Dont need a HOFer to get it done. But it would be nice to find a franchise quality guy.

I hope Ballard drafts a 1st round QB in 21 or 22

24 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

He enjoyed the pro bowl a few months earlier and when he quit it really screwed the Colts and the fans. The timing couldn’t have been worse. And to cap it off,  Irsay gave him 26 million to have a nice day. As a fan it really chaps my *.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't really care to bag on him, but I'm not going to worship the guy either. A lot of players get hurt and go through the recovery cycle, so it doesn't make him special to me. He doesn't need FB/paycheck like most of the players who fight over and over again against injuries. I honestly don't care to debate his "heart", but it's a fair critique. 

Andrew Luck would’ve left the Colts in a much better position had he made his decision & informed the Colts organization prior to the draft, or even before the summer to give Indy more time to find a suitable replacement but I don’t think he actually made the decision that soon, or viewed Jacoby Brissett as a horrible option.  Taking money while walking away lacks a certain style, but there aren’t many people who would turn down millions of dollars if it was offered to them, especially if they were suddenly unemployed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

He enjoyed the pro bowl a few months earlier and when he quit it really screwed the Colts and the fans. The timing couldn’t have been worse. And to cap it off,  Irsay gave him 26 million to have a nice day. As a fan it really chaps my *.

I agree on all fronts. HOWEVER. The reason Irsay went ahead and paid him was so the Colts retain Lucks rights... FOREVER. On the off chance he decided to come back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luck made a decision for himself and his family. He decided after all his injuries that he had gotten that the game wasn't important to him. Many might hate him for it but I have the utmost respect for him and what he did. 

People here need to give up the idea of him ever coming back. He's moved on and that's all that really matters.

I love AC but I am hoping he retires. There's only so much a player can do for a team and I strongly believe AC has done enough.

Let's get Eichenberg to team up with Nelson again. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

21' OL

LT Eichenberg 

LG Nelson

OC Kelly

RG Glow

RT Smith

Whoa!   Hold your horses, big fella!

There are several important questions...   One, is Eichenberg an NFL LT or RT?    Two,  is Eichenberg a rookie caliber starter?   He may need some seasoning. 

Answers to both likely won’t be available for a number of months. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I really wish there would be a high quality DE in 1st in 21 but since there probably won't be then LT or QB is the way to go 

Both elite DEs and elite LTs are taken early. Both are high $ positions, second only to elite QBs.

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Andrew Luck would’ve left the Colts in a much better position had he made his decision & informed the Colts organization prior to the draft, or even before the summer to give Indy more time to find a suitable replacement but I don’t think he actually made the decision that soon, or viewed Jacoby Brissett as a horrible option.  Taking money while walking away lacks a certain style, but there aren’t many people who would turn down millions of dollars if it was offered to them, especially if they were suddenly unemployed.

I don't think JB played into things at all (for Luck). JB wasn't an unknown earlier unless folks forgot 2017. And he certainly wasn't a mystery to Luck (in terms of timing of decision).

In short, I don't really care lol. I liked Luck, thought he had obvious upside, but he wasn't perfect either. Not near Manning level talent, and wasn't top of the heap of today's QBs. Top 10ish, not top 3. "Heart" or "no-heart", he's gone, and I've moved on. 

What's the barber say?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

There comes a time when human nature can take all it needs, in this case, time has caught up to Castonzo. I'm sure he'll be a HOF some year....

I dont think he's quite HOF material. Unfortunately we never won a championship to help his case. I know it's unfair cause he is good. But it's why Bradys considered the goat even though he isn't the best.

58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Both elite DEs and elite LTs are taken early. Both are high $ positions, second only to elite QBs.

I have a novel idea. Why dont we draft a LT say in the 2nd round and let our coaches develop one?  We cant contstantly put all of our high draft choices into the Oline. We have to start look at other postions. Say a top pick at corner or any where else other than Oline.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have a novel idea. Why dont we draft a LT say in the 2nd round and let our coaches develop one?  We cant contstantly put all of our high draft choices into the Oline. We have to start look at other postions. Say a top pick at corner or any where else other than Oline.

Lucky for you the OT class is good so one could be drafted in the 2nd 

12 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

21' OL

LT Eichenberg 

LG Nelson

OC Kelly

RG Glow

RT Smith

Corner pass rusher left tackle are the most important draft needs .   At least at wr we have Pittman Campbell coming back can resign ty for another year pascal and solid young guys in Harris and patmon to develop. Tight end still has mo and Doyle at least . The first three rounds need to be tackle corner pass rush to get the colts to the next level.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Let's get Eichenberg to team up with Nelson again. 

Agreed. I’m still doing my scouting, but everything I’ve seen and read on Eichenberg points to him being a perfect fit for the scheme, and someone who checks all of Ballard’s boxes except one (team captain).

5 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

The CBS rankings have Eichenberg ranked 102nd out of all positions. Maybe we could get him in the third round, if that's true.

That's perfect.  We could get him with our second.  I think Ballard is going to trade our 1st again second year in a row.  

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'd be totally fine with that (if they have time to develop). In general, my typical priority for first round picks (assuming there is a need), is 

QB

DE

3T

LT

CB

LBs, Ss, TEs, RBs, WRs, iOL, NT, etc are positions you can typically find success with after the 1st at a decent hit rate. 

13 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I dont think he's quite HOF material. Unfortunately we never won a championship to help his case. I know it's unfair cause he is good. But it's why Bradys considered the goat even though he isn't the best.

It's debatable that AC is a HOFer but him having a championship makes no difference. 

There are plenty of HOF members who never won a championship. 

Anthony Munoz and Bruce Matthews  were 2 of the the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history and neither have a championship. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's debatable that AC is a HOFer but him having a championship makes no difference. 

Anthony Munoz and Bruce Matthews  were 2 of the the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history and neither have a championship. 

Just saying. 

I agree it shouldn't matter one bit but I think it plays an unfair role. Plus I like AC but he ain't quite on their level either. He had a few so so seasons.

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree it shouldn't matter one bit but I think it plays an unfair role. Plus I like AC but he ain't quite on their level either. He had a few so so seasons.

You  have to be an all time elite to be noticed on the oline. Or have a great RB running behind you to be more noticed with out some hardware.

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just saying. 

I don't think it's debatable that AC is a HOFer. He has had a really good career though.

• Like 1