Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Castonzo retire?? / Castonzo having season-ending ankle surgery (merge)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to rest the starters...

Regardless, we need to figure out his replacement this off season. It’s priority #1. 

Need pass rushers badly. No corners can cover these receivers today with no pass rush.

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Need pass rushers badly. No corners can cover these receivers today with no pass rush.

We need Outside pass rush, corner, LT, Anthony Walker replacement, and a more athletic TE in that order if we want to compete for a championship.

• Like 1
On 12/28/2020 at 3:39 PM, Flash7 said:

Yes, I think he will retire, especially after contemplating retirement earlier this year, then coming back to play only to deal with injuries. 

That's what I am thinking. I think he will return if the Colts get in the playoffs, as he will be chasing a ring. 

However, he has been really banged up all year & it has to take a toll on his thought process of returning if he has already been debating it the past two off-seasons. 

19 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I expect him to finish the second year of his contract then to retire

Let's hope. The only good news is if he does retire, we get all of $17 million back for cap purposes correct?? 

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

Rather he retires or not, the T position needs to be addressed along with the Edge. Big Ben I think was only hit once yesterday

Yes. He was. That's insane. 

Do you think the Colts let him keep his entire signing bonus if he retires like they did with Luck?

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Do you think the Colts let him keep his entire signing bonus if he retires like they did with Luck?

Probably. AC has been a warrior in his time here.

• Like 3
On 12/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, Orioles22 said:

I'd just like to know if he's playing Sunday first.

I thought it was Priority 1, but after Sunday I'd lean toward a corner in the first round.

I think that depends on our QB next year. If we still have Rivers, LT has to be #1, as Rivers does not play anywhere near as well under pressure as he normally does. If we have a younger, more mobile QB then I think you take a CB

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

For sure, AC deserves his money.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Damn, I didn't expect that... I still think he may return for next year. 

It’s 50/50 Ballard and Co. talked him out of it last offseason don’t know if they can do it again. Regardless OT should be the highest priority this off-season.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

That's the NFL. I wonder if he wants to come back or will retire. Next man up!

I think (hope) that if he intended to retire, he'd probably wait till the offseason to have this surgery - if he's having it this soon, he may plan on rehab & returning ASAP.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't understand why the decision comes now? It's the same ankle injury from the pay several weeks, correct? Did it get worse?

Wasn't the previous one a knee injury(MCL)? Or am I misremembering? It's possible this is a different injury... Maybe the previous one facilitated this one. 

8 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

Looks like Nelson is at LT for the foreseeable future 

when Nelson is mauling people at guard, Colts are at their best.  Nelson is no tackle.  I think we should play a natural tackle , but yea, i know what the roster looks like right now, it's a brutal depth chart.  C'mon Ballard, pull something out of your hat.  Probably won't matter anyway as playoffs are a mere pipe-dream.

• Like 2
  • Nadine changed the title to Will Castonzo retire?? / Castonzo having season-ending ankle surgery (merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I do not know. I'm not a GM, and don't try to play one on teh interwebs. ;)   This is what I do know-   Chris Ballard, Frank Reich and the assistant coaches knows a lot more about the abilities and skills and their fit of players on the roster than I do. The Pro Player scouting department knows a lot more about the same information concerning Free Agents and potential cut or for trade players than I do.  The Team physician, athletic trainers and medical staff know a lot more about roster health and the health and prognosis of our draft class and potential Free Agents on the radar than I do.   I would want to know everything that our teams Director of Player Personnel and the Director of the Pro Scouting department has on Free Agent tackles and how (much) and what areas are they better than any current player(s) on the team, and how their skill set better fits in with the team playbook that will be installed.   For injured free agents, I'd want full medical details. I'd want my team physician to examine and evaluate the player thoroughly, and have access to discuss with their doctors and view their reports on treatments and progress notes.  And I would be in frequent conversations with the owner and head coach about their input on the data collected.    Then hopefully make the best, rational decisions possible, maybe (hopefully) even one involving the salary capologist's assistance at some point, if necessary. Like Ballard, work diligently and smart, and avoiding the “living in a desperate world” scenario.   What would you do?
    • Im a bit curious on some thoughts about our big bodies. Do you all think it is absolutley necessary that these guys can nail every route on the tree? From what I gather its mostly about that. Would think having the size advabtage could negate some of that. Isnt that kinda the point? Contested or arrant throws happen on the perfect ran routes also. Seems we have a bit of trouble getting these guys on the field and producing.
    • I just watched the only tape available on Strachan online - vs West Virginia State. To be fair this seems like it was his worst game of the season, but he didn't impress me much. The CBs that cover him seem tiny and he cannot beat their press-man off the LOS. He gets jammed and his routes interrupted by physically playing defenders. There are several cases where he beats press-man, but it's mostly because of his superior athleticism rather than skill. He is a willing and physical blocker. Runs very limited route tree(mostly go routes and slants). He had some success on the move when he could release uninterrupted and the defender didn't have a chance to put his hands on him, but overall I would say he seems like a serious project.  Right now I cannot see him getting on an NFL roster. IMO it's very likely Ballard will try to sneak him on the practice squad unless he takes a big stept this off-season.     From his highlights tape - he seems pretty athletic against that competition. He does outrun defenders. He has good ballskils - tracks the ball well, catches it securely outside his frame, fights for it and attacks it in the air. You can see the appeal. I just am not sure he will ever be able to beat press-man and get open against NFL level defenders. People above compared him to DK Metcalf but Metcalf is a monster against press-man. He doesn't let defenders put a hand on him... he just overwhelms them with physicality and when they don't try to jam him, he is fast enough to outrun them.    My prediction for him is PS in 2021. 
    • Colts and Vikings family mothers.   @Nadine @NFLfan @DEColtsLover36 @Wentzszn     I know there are more, hope you have a great day, come claim your flowers.  
    • They are trying on the LT spot   I think CB gets the problem   I highly doubt that Tevi is considered the answer
  • Members

• Mr.NotSoCreative

Mr.NotSoCreative 281

• tate

tate 2

Rookie
    • Misty_B

Misty_B 0

Rookie
    • Flash7

Flash7 1,141

• Franklin County