Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Castonzo retire?? / Castonzo having season-ending ankle surgery (merge)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to rest the starters...

Regardless, we need to figure out his replacement this off season. It’s priority #1. 

Need pass rushers badly. No corners can cover these receivers today with no pass rush.

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Need pass rushers badly. No corners can cover these receivers today with no pass rush.

We need Outside pass rush, corner, LT, Anthony Walker replacement, and a more athletic TE in that order if we want to compete for a championship.

• Like 1
On 12/28/2020 at 3:39 PM, Flash7 said:

Yes, I think he will retire, especially after contemplating retirement earlier this year, then coming back to play only to deal with injuries. 

That's what I am thinking. I think he will return if the Colts get in the playoffs, as he will be chasing a ring. 

However, he has been really banged up all year & it has to take a toll on his thought process of returning if he has already been debating it the past two off-seasons. 

19 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I expect him to finish the second year of his contract then to retire

Let's hope. The only good news is if he does retire, we get all of $17 million back for cap purposes correct?? 

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

Rather he retires or not, the T position needs to be addressed along with the Edge. Big Ben I think was only hit once yesterday

Yes. He was. That's insane. 

Do you think the Colts let him keep his entire signing bonus if he retires like they did with Luck?

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Do you think the Colts let him keep his entire signing bonus if he retires like they did with Luck?

Probably. AC has been a warrior in his time here.

• Like 3
On 12/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, Orioles22 said:

I'd just like to know if he's playing Sunday first.

I thought it was Priority 1, but after Sunday I'd lean toward a corner in the first round.

I think that depends on our QB next year. If we still have Rivers, LT has to be #1, as Rivers does not play anywhere near as well under pressure as he normally does. If we have a younger, more mobile QB then I think you take a CB

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

For sure, AC deserves his money.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Damn, I didn't expect that... I still think he may return for next year. 

It’s 50/50 Ballard and Co. talked him out of it last offseason don’t know if they can do it again. Regardless OT should be the highest priority this off-season.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

That's the NFL. I wonder if he wants to come back or will retire. Next man up!

I think (hope) that if he intended to retire, he'd probably wait till the offseason to have this surgery - if he's having it this soon, he may plan on rehab & returning ASAP.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't understand why the decision comes now? It's the same ankle injury from the pay several weeks, correct? Did it get worse?

Wasn't the previous one a knee injury(MCL)? Or am I misremembering? It's possible this is a different injury... Maybe the previous one facilitated this one. 

8 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

Looks like Nelson is at LT for the foreseeable future 

when Nelson is mauling people at guard, Colts are at their best.  Nelson is no tackle.  I think we should play a natural tackle , but yea, i know what the roster looks like right now, it's a brutal depth chart.  C'mon Ballard, pull something out of your hat.  Probably won't matter anyway as playoffs are a mere pipe-dream.

• Like 2
  • Nadine changed the title to Will Castonzo retire?? / Castonzo having season-ending ankle surgery (merge)