Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tipped Ball PI Call

dw49

Question... Should Reich have challenged that call on K Moore ? You can make a challenge if a ball was tipped and reverse a call of PI to no PI. My "issue" with this  is would the refs have upheld the ruling on the field by claiming the PI occurred BEFORE the ball was tipped . If not , Reich made a real mistake .

25 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Question... Should Reich have challenged that call on K Moore ? You can make a challenge if a ball was tipped and reverse a call of PI to no PI. My "issue" with this  is would the refs have upheld the ruling on the field by claiming the PI occurred BEFORE the ball was tipped . If not , Reich made a real mistake .

i heard someone say they took away the pi challenge system but i could be wrong

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i heard someone say they took away the pi challenge system but i could be wrong

They did take away the PI challenge but last I knew , you could challenge if a ball was tipped . So if a ball was tipped at the LOS and PI occurred down the field after that , I believe a successful challenge would over rule the PI. However if PI occurs AND THEN the ball is tipped , would that make a challenge useless ? I think it would and was wondering if most thought the contact occurred after the ball was tipped. It was IMO close .

I thought some of the calls were bogus yesterday. the block in the back against Glow which negated the long gin by Hines was a big call that ended up killing a drive for more points. They could have flagged Steelers on offensive PI when receiver grabbed Rock's jersey to prevent a pick 6. I thought the no call when TY was  grabbed by Steelers on pass play. There were two calls against us that could have been no calls as well. 

Refs called penalties on us and failed to do the same against Steelers. 

Archived