Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Pass Interference Non-Call / NFL Network Replay (merge)

Caffrey

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Right I am not arguing any of that.  I am just objecting to the idea that the NFL favors major media markets.  They don’t.  In fact the NFL has proven by so many smaller market teams becoming good that media markets aren’t required to have success in the NFL.  They are really the only major professional sport that can say that.  Now I will say they look out for their stars and popular teams but all sports do that.  

I wasn't arguing at all. Just making comments. 

There are erroneous refs calls every week throughout the league. 

It just becomes an issue to fans when it becomes a habit in one game. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wasn't arguing at all. Just making comments. 

There are erroneous refs calls every week throughout the league. 

It just becomes an issue to fans when it becomes a habit in one game. 

Yep agree, like I’ve said before I don’t believe in conspiracy theories when it comes to officials but I do believe sometimes they have a bad day and sometimes there are just bad crews and sometimes they just make a mistake.  

I thought the call against Glow that negated 68 yard play by Hines was a terrible call. We could have at least got a FG at end of the half with us getting ball back at start of 2nd half.  We would have been up 24-7 at halftime.

I thought the lack of a  PI call against Steelers when Rock was held  on what could have been an easy pick 6 hurt. Would have backed up Steelers and we might have been able to stall their drive. 

The call against Moore on PI was nonsense. Ball was tipped and Moore  did not commit PI. that set up a score for Steelers.

the lack of a call against Steelers on PI against TY would have put us in great field position to get go ahead score on last drive of game. 

Refs were awful period. one observation I would make is that Colts are a heavily penalized team - which probably gives Ref's view that we are guilty of holds, PI, and unsportsmansship  calls. We seem to get flagged quite a bit - some of which is deserved and reflects a lack of discipline on Colts part.  Incessant flags against Colts in GB game nearly cost us that game. 

Something that is messed but probably true is if Hilton was a top 10 WR they’ll probably give him the DPI. The same thing happens with certain players at different positions. That was a text book dpi that’ll they’ve been calling all game ridiculous.

2 hours ago, yankeeclipper said:

I thought the call against Glow that negated 68 yard play by Hines was a terrible call. We could have at least got a FG at end of the half with us getting ball back at start of 2nd half.  We would have been up 24-7 at halftime.

I thought the lack of a  PI call against Steelers when Rock was held  on what could have been an easy pick 6 hurt. Would have backed up Steelers and we might have been able to stall their drive. 

The call against Moore on PI was nonsense. Ball was tipped and Moore  did not commit PI. that set up a score for Steelers.

the lack of a call against Steelers on PI against TY would have put us in great field position to get go ahead score on last drive of game. 

Refs were awful period. one observation I would make is that Colts are a heavily penalized team - which probably gives Ref's view that we are guilty of holds, PI, and unsportsmansship  calls. We seem to get flagged quite a bit - some of which is deserved and reflects a lack of discipline on Colts part.  Incessant flags against Colts in GB game nearly cost us that game. 

To the bolded - a better way to say it would be - Incessant penalties by Colts players in GB game nearly cost us that game. 

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

All this blaming the refs is pure bovine excrement.  

The Colts made enough mistakes to get beat and have no one to blame but themselves.

This is true but it doesn’t excuse poor officiating which has happened to the Colts more than once this season.

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Stop being a homer.  The Colts deserved every single one of those penalties against the Packers.  

I am homer a lot, I admit it but come on every penalty? and the Pitt game was mind boggling. Yeah we didn't make the plays to win at the end last week but it should've never came to that.

56 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is true but it doesn’t excuse poor officiating which has happened to the Colts more than once this season.

Of course there are missed calls that hurt the Colts.  There are also calls that benefit them as well.  

I just believe that blaming officials is excuse making.

There is a really good scene of Marty Schottenheimer when he was the KC coach.  He goes to a player on the sidelines and yells "is he holding you" in such a way that it seems that like he is on the players side.  The guys says "yes, he is holding me" and Schottenheimer screams "well don't let him hold you."  I love that.  He put the onus back on the player and did not allow the excuse.  That is what I think of blaming officials.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am homer a lot, I admit it but come on every penalty? and the Pitt game was mind boggling. Yeah we didn't make the plays to win at the end last week but it should've never came to that.

Yes - every penalty in the GB game on that last drive was well-earned.

You know who didn't think the OPI on Hilton shouldn't have been called?  Hilton - that should tell you all you need to know about that particular play.

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

Of course there are missed calls that hurt the Colts.  There are also calls that benefit them as well.  

There is a really good scene of Marty Schottenheimer when he was the KC coach.  He goes to a player on the sidelines and yells "is he holding you" in such a way that it seems that like he is on the players side.  The guys says "yes, he is holding me" and Schottenheimer screams "well don't let him hold you."  I love that.  He put the onus back on the player and did not allow the excuse.  That is what I think of blaming officials.

I think blaming the REFS is a cop out and whining usually but the game last week was brutally obvious. You read my posts and I rarely blame the REFS for a loss but last week was :wall:

12 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Do you have a collection of tin foil hats or just wear the same one all the time?

Oh lordy,  what a great original response lol.

I don't know how long you've been watching football but it doesn't take very long to see something isn't legit, especially coming off the heels of nearly 2 decades of Patriots football.

I don't know to envy or pity naive minds like your opinions suggest. :(

51 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

We aren’t coaches or players we can blame whoever we want.  Some here like to pretend they are more than they really are and that what they say or think really impacts the team somehow.  

Have the Colts gotten calls at times?  Sure.  However, there have been far more really questionable calls that have gone against the Colts this year.  Remember the “fumble” in the Ravens game?  So naturally fans are going to comment on that.  

People aren’t over looking the Colts issues to talk about the officials.  Look at how many threads there are with people talking about what they think the Colts issues are real or not.  Having a thread to talk about how poor the officials were when they were is not people making excuses and even if it was as fans there is nothing wrong with that.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:39 AM, Myles said:

Really what bothered me the most with that play was that Hilton did not ask for a flag.  He just got up and casually jogged away.   We have all seen WR's get the flag after they wave their arms and complain.  

I don't like the constant asking for a flag, but it is part of the game and Hilton should use it a bit.  

I have felt MANY TIMES throughout the season players have "talked" the refs into throwing flags by the way they "dramatically" 

gyrate and clamor for a flag to be thrown. One should have been thrown on this play without a plea to do so. Perhaps if T.Y. had reacted in a dramatic fashion, we would have gotten the call we should have gotten on this play. It's a real shame how the officials

can control the direct outcome of game and not suffer any consequences for poor performance.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:33 PM, chickenMan said:

I don’t remember which Steelers receiver it was, but the one that hit Rock is on my list if I ever become a super villain or something

On 12/31/2020 at 6:44 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I believe it was Ju Ju.  I still don’t know how that went uncalled.  

It was Claypool.

I love a good discussion about pathetic officiating so I'll chime in here. This reminds me of the game against the packers years ago when the refs took a minimum of 17 points away from the Colts. The Colts did manage to win the game however when Jason David recovered a fumble to clinch the game. So what should have been a blowout win for the Colts was an 8 point squeaker. In his post game press conference coach Dungy when recapping the game said, "I'm not sure what those refs were doing out there today other than trying to keep the game close." Still to this day one of the greatest post game comments I have ever heard. There are way too many occurances of pathetic officiating in football as well as all sports. I, for one, know there is nothing that can be done about it and it will never change. It is what it is. 

Archived