Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Pass Interference Non-Call / NFL Network Replay (merge)

Caffrey

There were a lot of plays that could have made a difference but the specific play I'm referring to was at 1:19 of the 4th quarter, 3rd and 7 from the 33 yard line.

TY was going down the middle, he had #20 CB Cameron Sutton beat deep, another CB, #28 Mike Hilton, was coming from the backside, off our WR #12 DeMichael Harris to help once the ball was in the air but he was out of position as the ball was away from #28.  The culprit, #34, safety Terrell Edmunds was from the front side (side of the ball), but a little behind, I probably knew the ball was coming when he say River release the ball but on my replay, Edmunds never has his head turned locate the ball from at least the 15 yard line to when he ran into TY at the 4 yard line, that appeared intentional, was should have been pass interference!  TY may have been able to make the catch.  From one replay the ball looks closer but as TY was speeding up and crossing to get to the ball, the is #34 Edmunds intentionally runs in TY impede his route, the ball is in the air at he makes intentional contact with TY.

Romo said it was incidental, it was not, it was intentional and to Edmunds credit, he got lucky and it was not called PI.  A problem here, is if we did that on defense, they would have call PI on us.  

A baseball analogy, if an umpire has a big or small strike zone, fine, just call it that way for both team, pitchers and batters. 

If they are going to call close/questionable pass interference on the Colts, the should call it that way for the Steelers.

Now, there was a lot of things that should or should not have a happened to come down to this play, but it was the last key play.

We should have had the ball at the 4 yard line, with 1:19 to go in the game. 

Really what bothered me the most with that play was that Hilton did not ask for a flag.  He just got up and casually jogged away.   We have all seen WR's get the flag after they wave their arms and complain.  

I don't like the constant asking for a flag, but it is part of the game and Hilton should use it a bit.  

That was unbelievable. Can’t believe it’s not being talked about in the media. 

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but Vegas made a ton of money on that no-call. I’m sure money was laid on the Colts somewhere around 10-1. The game was even pulled from the line after the Bengals beat the Steelers. There was a ton of money put on the Colts when they were originally given 1.5 points. In the end, they didn’t even cover the 2.5. 

We should have ran the ball more in the second half and sprinkled in the passing game. Maybe took a couple shots deep on play action. Our pass protection wasn’t sufficient enough for us to come out of halftime throwing like we did. 

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Really what bothered me the most with that play was that Hilton did not ask for a flag.  He just got up and casually jogged away.   We have all seen WR's get the flag after they wave their arms and complain.  

I don't like the constant asking for a flag, but it is part of the game and Hilton should use it a bit.  

Refs were throwing against us and ignoring when we got interfered with, T.Y. complains there boom instant unsportsmanlike conduct and 15 yard penalty making it 4th and 22nd instead of 7 which decreases odds of completion substantially. Rivers was all over refs on out p.i on a tipped ball (Tipped ball means no P.I. it isnt even a judgment call it is automatically a no call) and it didnt change a thing. Refs called the game as they want to influence result they got as leonard and Reich pointed out in the press conference.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yeah. I found that to be odd as well. 

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

TY slowed down and got run over. Did he intentionlly do it to draw contact?
They thought yes so no call. 

Just like they thought a tipped pass means a P.I. could still be called ? Just like they think Offensive P.I. isnt  thing ?

Not buying the excuses they refs are giving, everyone saw it and players and coaches who rarely if ever talk about calls and non calls addressed it in press conferences.

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Refs were throwing against us and ignoring when we got interfered with, T.Y. complains there boom instant unsportsmanlike conduct and 15 yard penalty making it 4th and 22nd instead of 7 which decreases odds of completion substantially. Rivers was all over refs on out p.i on a tipped ball (Tipped ball means no P.I. it isnt even a judgment call it is automatically a no call) and it didnt change a thing. Refs called the game as they want to influence result they got as leonard and Reich pointed out in the press conference.

He wouldn't have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty for wanting a PI flag.  He should have got up and indicated that he was interfered with.  

The tipped pass PI call bothered me allot.   Rivers was telling them it was tipped and they never even huddled together to discuss it.  Even the announcers seen it.  Where was the official in the ear of these buffoons?

Romo is outstanding. Just watched the block in the back by Glow with about a minute and some change on the clock in the first half. 
68 yard gain by Hines called back on the absolute worst call of the year!!! I dare you to top me on the worst referee call made against us all year! 
If you listen to what Romo said after the call, it was the beginning of the end. 
I beg to find out the ref who threw the flag. It was the worst yellow flag that hit the turf all year!! Good luck trying to prove me wrong. 

39 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Romo is outstanding. Just watched the block in the back by Glow with about a minute and some change on the clock in the first half. 
68 yard gain by Hines called back on the absolute worst call of the year!!! I dare you to top me on the worst referee call made against us all year! 
If you listen to what Romo said after the call, it was the beginning of the end. 
I beg to find out the ref who threw the flag. It was the worst yellow flag that hit the turf all year!! Good luck trying to prove me wrong. 

So are you saying it was a Bad Call?? :D

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I bet if u watched all the Steelers games and plays for the year. You would also probably find a play they would define as worst call of the year. It happens. The difference is that the Colts could not recover. Never let one play define u...they did

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I bet if u watched all the Steelers games and plays for the year. You would also probably find a play they would define as worst call of the year. It happens. The difference is that the Colts could not recover. Never let one play define u...they did

I get your point. Another point might be that game in general seemed to have its extra share of questionable calls. All of which were judgement calls not in our favor.

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

One play? Not hardly.

There was at least 2 bad calls and 1 no call. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

One play? Not hardly.

There was at least 2 bad calls and 1 no call. 

There were 3 bad calls that help decide the game.

1. The block in the back by Glow that took away a 68 yard play by Hines

2. The no call on the OPI that could've been a pick 6.

3. The Kenny Moore PI where he just tripped and fell.

-I will also add TY got interfered with on the final drive which wasn't called that would've had the Colts looking pretty.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I would bet money the head ref has a poster of Big Ben on his wall .   We can’t act like officials don’t watch football and have favorite teams .  That is why the join for the love of the game .  They have way to much power to kill momentum and hand games over . 

Last Sunday was pretty bad and obvious it was one sided. I don't think the NFL realizes that people who have watched the game that are knowledgeable especially watching like me 40+ years can be that dumb not to see it lmao , I just go back to SB 40 where the Seahawks got screwed big time by the REFS vs the Steelers. Everyone was saying it.

• Nadine changed the title to TY Pass Interference Non-Call / NFL Network Replay (merge)
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There were 3 bad calls that help decide the game.

1. The block in the back by Glow that took away a 68 yard play by Hines

2. The no call on the OPI that could've been a pick 6.

3. The Kenny Moore PI where he just tripped and fell.

-I will also add TY got interfered with on the final drive which wasn't called that would've had the Colts looking pretty.

The killer on the Moore PI is Carrie almost picked it and dropped it making uncatchable anyways.

There were 4-5 terrible calls/no-calls that helped determine the outcome of that game, all in favor of Pitt.

It's the kind of game that makes the conspiracy theorists say the sport is rigged.

The end of the Packers game this year was another example.

There's another blatant one I remember between the Chargers and Peyton's Broncos, in 2013 maybe?  Chargers got out to a nice lead, and then the refs started doing really bizarre stuff to help the Broncos come back.  They even called Rivers for 4 false starts because his body naturally moved while he yelled out his cadence...never seen that ever called on anyone else since, and they did it 4 times.

How many times do I have to say it. The NFL and the media does not like the Colts. We do not have Peyton Manning anymore who was a superstar that could not be ignored. However how many times did the refs screw us when we played the pats. when Peyton was our qb. As I said the NFL does not want a small market team to be a story. It all comes down to dollars. Big market teams get all the calls. Our fan base is small compared to Pittsburghs. Look at Dallas for instance. This team has not been a contender in 25 years and all you hear about is Dallas every year. I do not live in Indy so those of you who do can't imagine the puke we get to hear year in and year out. To get the calls we have to have a player like Mahomes which we do not.

2 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

How many times do I have to say it. The NFL and the media does not like the Colts. We do not have Peyton Manning anymore who was a superstar that could not be ignored. However how many times did the refs screw us when we played the pats. when Peyton was our qb. As I said the NFL does not want a small market team to be a story. It all comes down to dollars. Big market teams get all the calls. Our fan base is small compared to Pittsburghs. Look at Dallas for instance. This team has not been a contender in 25 years and all you hear about is Dallas every year. I do not live in Indy so those of you who do can't imagine the puke we get to hear year in and year out. To get the calls we have to have a player like Mahomes which we do not.

The Packers are the smallest market team in the NFL yet is one of the most successful franchises in the NFL.

14 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I would bet money the head ref has a poster of Big Ben on his wall .   We can’t act like officials don’t watch football and have favorite teams .  That is why the join for the love of the game .  They have way to much power to kill momentum and hand games over . 

But like 2006coltsbestever says it's been going on for 40 years for the Steelers.  It's different refs from Terry Bradshaw days....for the Pat's it's nearly 2 decades, different crews & refs for them too. 

So I'd say it's more than just a biased ref or two.

5 hours ago, Bert Johns said:

The NFL and the media does not like the Colts. We do not have Peyton Manning anymore who was a superstar that could not be ignored. However how many times did the refs screw us when we played the pats. when Peyton was our qb. As I said the NFL does not want a small market team to be a story. It all comes down to dollars. Big market teams get all the calls. Our fan base is small compared to Pittsburghs. Look at Dallas for instance. This team has not been a contender in 25 years and all you hear about is Dallas every year. I do not live in Indy so those of you who do can't imagine the puke we get to hear year in and year out. To get the calls we have to have a player like Mahomes which we do not.

Bingo !!!

29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But like 2006coltsbestever says it's been going on for 40 years for the Steelers.  It's different refs from Terry Bradshaw days....for the Pat's it's nearly 2 decades, different crews & refs for them too. 

So I'd say it's more than just a biased ref or two.

Do you have a collection of tin foil hats or just wear the same one all the time?

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Packers are the smallest market team in the NFL yet is one of the most successful franchises in the NFL.

The Packers have a long consistent history of winning with HOF QBs. 

It is owned by the fans so it is truly what you can call America's team. That is itself draws a fan base all over the country. 

5 hours ago, Bert Johns said:

Dear God...

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Packers have a long consistent history of winning with HOF QBs. 

It is owned by the fans so it is truly what you can call America's team. That is itself draws a fan base all over the country. 

I don’t disagree with that but again I was quoting someone who says the league favors major media markets.  The Packers alone disprove this.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t disagree with that but again I was quoting someone who says the league favors major media markets.  The Packers alone disprove this.  

Fans have a tendency to jump on winning franchises.  There is a lot of fair weather and band jumpers, just the nature of the game.

I can recall when the Patriots were one of the bottom feeders and outside of New England, had no fan base.

Take the Chiefs for instance. They all of a sudden have a bigger fan base since Mahomes and a super bowl come to town. The Seahawks with Wilson. Colts with Manning. 

Next in line, the Bills. 

43 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Fans have a tendency to jump on winning franchises.  There is a lot of fair weather and band jumpers, just the nature of the game.

I can recall when the Patriots were one of the bottom feeders and outside of New England, had no fan base.

Take the Chiefs for instance. They all of a sudden have a bigger fan base since Mahomes and a super bowl come to town. The Seahawks with Wilson. Colts with Manning. 

Next in line, the Bills. 

Right I am not arguing any of that.  I am just objecting to the idea that the NFL favors major media markets.  They don’t.  In fact the NFL has proven by so many smaller market teams becoming good that media markets aren’t required to have success in the NFL.  They are really the only major professional sport that can say that.  Now I will say they look out for their stars and popular teams but all sports do that.  

Archived