Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts still in the South race

danlhart87

9 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Titans will be without Kicker and Punter. Could be key if the game becames a shoot out.

Yeah, that's not minor, because Watson will put up points. Honestly, I think this is probably the best bet to get in, with a Titans loss. Their D has no pass rush..

On 12/28/2020 at 11:33 AM, Lancer1 said:

I don’t think interim coach Romeo Crennel has the stones (or the authority) to sit either Deshaun Watson or J.J. Watt if they’re healthy and want to play.  Doing so could prevent them from achieving certain performance incentives that are written into their contracts, and a team could actually be sued for doing that against a player’s wishes.

I pray those incentives are there and need met...

On 12/28/2020 at 9:00 AM, RollerColt said:

Players like Watt and Watson will only sit if they’re physically unable to play. It’s their final game of the season, and the whole point of this sport is to do what you love to do. 

I don’t think sitting on the bench fits part of why they play.

Tell that to the Steelers when the play their last reg.  game.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Chiefs & Steelers sit their QBs while the powder puff Texans risk injury to the only hope they have in Watson?! Houston it is too late for pride. You have not had any all year . Wait for next year. Lord knows there are many changes coming to your so called team.

the reason I don't think they will sit players out is because they have no 1st or 2nd round draft picks next year.  A win not only hurts the Titans but also hurts Miami.  I would like that.  

If you're out of the playoffs like Hou is you play for pride and hope to end the season on a high. Most guys (QB) would want to play anyway. 

Sitting out talk is reserved for winning teams headed to the playoffs. Losing teams play everyone available.

Let's go Watson...

48 minutes ago, IinD said:

If you're out of the playoffs like Hou is you play for pride and hope to end the season on a high. Most guys (QB) would want to play anyway. 

Sitting out talk is reserved for winning teams headed to the playoffs. Losing teams play everyone available.

Let's go Watson...

Watson and Watt are they only reasons that team even has 4 wins win or loss these two will ball out on Sunday.

5 hours ago, IinD said:

Let's go Watson...

Not always. Some look at it as a useless risk of a career ending injury.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

They get paid very good money to play their best. The fans who spend their money deserve to get their moneys worth. The players know the risk from day one. 

The money is the key point to this.  That’s why players play.  Let’s not kid ourselves.  Yes they might love the game but if they weren’t getting paid they aren’t going to expose their bodies to this, no one would I can’t blame them.  So with that said if a player chooses to sit out it’s because he doesn’t want to jeopardize his chance to make more money with a major injury.  However, as I’ve been saying all along there is no greater chance of Watson getting hurt than in the other meaningless games they have played so I don’t expect that to change now.  

On 12/30/2020 at 12:17 PM, King Colt said:

Count more on the Browns losing than the Texans beating TN. 

Chubb & Hunt combined 15 carries for 39 yards vs Jets, and Baker was under attack.

Maybe the Jets right now are better than Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, Brandon Allen had his best game ever. Higgins, Boyd, and Green looked OK, so maybe the Bengals can extend their winning streak vs Ravens.

8 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Chubb & Hunt combined 15 carries for 39 yards vs Jets, and Baker was under attack.

Maybe the Jets right now are better than Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, Brandon Allen had his best game ever. Higgins, Boyd, and Green looked OK, so maybe the Bengals can extend their winning streak vs Ravens.

Are the Browns getting their WRs back from the COVID list?  If so I’d expect them to be better than last week.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Are the Browns getting their WRs back from the COVID list?  If so I’d expect them to be better than last week.

Sure, and Landry especially has always been a memorable blocker on running plays.

The 4 receivers from the microbial hot tub, probably will be back, but no guarantees, until Thursday, I think.

2 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Sure, and Landry especially has always been a memorable blocker on running plays.

The 4 receivers from the microbial hot tub, probably will be back, but no guarantees, until Thursday, I think.

I would think getting those guys back will help their passing game which will open up the running lanes.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I would think getting those guys back will help their passing game which will open up the running lanes.  

Yes, and Steelers could field practice squad defenders.

That's why I suspect no help from Pittsburgh and no help from Buffalo.

Both have a motive: rest starters for week 18.

Bengals and Texans may be best chances for help on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, waterdog said:

I am not giving up hope on the Bills just yet.  

24 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Buffalo is allowing fans in the stands for the playoffs. So that leads me to believe 2 home games would be real beneficial. They will have a true HFA.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Buffalo is allowing fans in the stands for the playoffs. So that leads me to believe 2 home games would be real beneficial. They will have a true HFA.

Fitzpatrick tested + and is out for Buffalo.

I prefer Tua, in sacked mode(as in 3 sacks per series).

Also, google says that viruses are not microbes, because viruses are 'non living' chemicals.

2 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Fitzpatrick tested + and is out for Buffalo.

I prefer Tua, in sacked mode(as in 3 sacks per series).

Also, google says that viruses are not microbes, because viruses are 'non living' chemicals.

It is going to be a wild and whacky Sunday but I think we get in. After all we are the Colts, one of the greatest franchises ever.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is going to be a wild and whacky Sunday but I think we get in. After all we are the Colts, one of the greatest franchises ever.

If the virus exerts enough control, week 17 could end up looking like a typical Preseason Week 4...For example, Jake Ruddock quarterbacking the Dolphins...not sure who's backing up Jake...

Just now, waterdog said:

If the virus exerts enough control, week 17 could end up looking like a typical Preseason Week 4...For example, Jake Ruddock quarterbacking the Dolphins...not sure who's backing up Jake...

Yeah at this point I have no idea what is going to happen. I thought for sure the Steelers would play their starters and got slap in the face with that prediction lmao . I think Buffalo still will but then again I could be wrong again haha . 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah at this point I have no idea what is going to happen. I thought for sure the Steelers would play their starters and got slap in the face with that prediction lmao . I think Buffalo still will but then again I could be wrong again haha . 

Certainly, all the 'experts' with youtube broadcasting accounts have no idea...but all of them seem to know that Aaron Rodgers QBs the Packers(thanks to them for endlessly repeating that news).

Just heard Matt Taylor say that the Bengals have won 12 consecutive home finales, and 17 of 18, after losing seasons.

I want Brandon Allen, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Drew Sample, and AJ Green all in isolated bubbles, away from everyone.

Archived