Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts still in the South race

danlhart87

Just now, csmopar said:

Again... IF they get Lawrence. 

I am not buying Lawrence going back to school similar stories came out about this time the year Luck came out.  I’ve seen one major guy do it and that was Peyton.  Almost always they come out because of the chance of injury or it’s just one less year you can make money or your stock can fall.  I’d be shocked if Lawrence goes back.  

I think the Texans could beat the Titans. I’d favor the Titans maybe 60/40. 

The Titans will be favored for a reason, but Watson is a tough out. If they blitz him

then they’ll pay the price for it. 

If we take care of our business then chances are good that we will get in the playoffs. We still have a legitimate chance of winning the AFC South. 

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

Again... IF they get Lawrence. 

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not buying Lawrence going back to school similar stories came out about this time the year Luck came out.  I’ve seen one major guy do it and that was Peyton.  Almost always they come out because of the chance of injury or it’s just one less year you can make money or your stock can fall.  I’d be shocked if Lawrence goes back.  

I absolutely believe Trevor would have stayed if the Jets had the first pick. However, Jacksonville is not far from Georgia so logistically it makes perfect sense for his family. The Jags have a good young nucleus to build around, and are not the dumpster fire that the Jets are. To me, it makes perfect sense for Trevor to enter the 2021 draft now. 

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Eli did as well. Like I said, until he actually declares, then nothing is official. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I absolutely believe Trevor would have stayed if the Jets had the first pick. However, Jacksonville is not far from Georgia so logistically it makes perfect sense for his family. The Jags have a good young nucleus to build around, and are not the dumpster fire that the Jets are. To me, it makes perfect sense for Trevor to enter the 2021 draft now. 

Don’t disagree. But we’ll see

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ehh Luck could have came out a year before he did and would have probably still been the #1 pick but wanted to finish his degree.  

It's unlikely but possible that Lawrence decides to finish his degree.  

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

And what  NFL team is in the background and where is he coaching now?

Players like Watt and Watson will only sit if they’re physically unable to play. It’s their final game of the season, and the whole point of this sport is to do what you love to do. 

I don’t think sitting on the bench fits part of why they play.

14 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Players like Watt and Watson will only sit if they’re physically unable to play. It’s their final game of the season, and the whole point of this sport is to do what you love to do. 

I don’t think sitting on the bench fits part of why they play.

Watson has been sacked 45 times this season but I guess three more would not hurt. Watt, if he plays is playing his last game in Houston. By the way, the coach makes the calls not the players despite some saying different.

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Watson has been sacked 45 times this season but I guess three more would not hurt. Watt, if he plays is playing his last game in Houston. By the way, the coach makes the calls not the players despite some saying different.

Or in the case of 2009 the GM...

It’s much more likely than not that the colts end up in the playoffs. The Trevor Lawrence thing is interesting though. Personally, if I was him I think I’d roll the dice with one more year in college. Nothing about the Jaguars instills a confidence that they will be successful. That could change depending on who their next head coach is though. 

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I absolutely believe Trevor would have stayed if the Jets had the first pick.

he might have considered a little more at least.  the jaguars are close to home and not much worse than a typical team drafting at the top.  he graduated too, not much reason for him to stay now

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I think the Texans could beat the Titans. I’d favor the Titans maybe 60/40. 

The Titans will be favored for a reason, but Watson is a tough out. If they blitz him

then they’ll pay the price for it. 

If we take care of our business then chances are good that we will get in the playoffs. We still have a legitimate chance of winning the AFC South. 

I think weve got a small to medium chance of winning the South. Texans could beat the Titans although as of late that doesnt usually happen. Titans usually pull it out.

6 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

. Nothing about the Jaguars instills a confidence that they will be successful. That could change depending on who their next head coach is though. 

could say that about any team picking number 1.  the Bengals didnt inspire much either but these guys have to declare at some point

if i had to pick between the jaguars and jets right now i would go with Jacksonville tbh, the jets coach is really bad.  plus Trevor is from the area 

9 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

It’s much more likely than not that the colts end up in the playoffs. The Trevor Lawrence thing is interesting though. Personally, if I was him I think I’d roll the dice with one more year in college. Nothing about the Jaguars instills a confidence that they will be successful. That could change depending on who their next head coach is though. 

He might just want to live in London...

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

I don’t think interim coach Romeo Crennel has the stones (or the authority) to sit either Deshaun Watson or J.J. Watt if they’re healthy and want to play.  Doing so could prevent them from achieving certain performance incentives that are written into their contracts, and a team could actually be sued for doing that against a player’s wishes.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

could say that about any team picking number 1.  the Bengals didnt inspire much either but these guys have to declare at some point

if i had to pick between the jaguars and jets right now i would go with Jacksonville tbh, the jets coach is really bad.  plus Trevor is from the area 

Gase is getting fired, no doubt about it.

21 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Gase is getting fired, no doubt about it.

I would still pick the jaguars if i were in that spot, plus Trevor is from the area.  you are probably right about Gase but i still would not pick them personally

if you look at the last 5 #1 picking teams, none of them inspired much confidence.  he might as well declare now

Honestly I am surprised by the hysteria. The minute we lost our tackles, it was clear we'd lose to PIT. I think most people switched that expectation when they saw how we handled that 1st half. The emotions came into play and took over reason.

If any sensible and fair person wrote down scores at the start of the 1p EST games, they would have bet that Indy and Tennessee would lose. And that is exactly what happened.

The odds are fair that one of those wildcard rivals will lose, probably even two of them. Indy will get into the dance. The question is how we do when we get there.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sounds like Watson is going to play as of now. Great news so who knows they may pull the crazy upset against the Titans. They played us good twice.

Watson and Tunsil say they'll play.

Titans had some week 6 luck:

1. winning the overtime coin toss

2. tying TD to force overtime with Brown's right shin ruled in bounds, and insufficient doubt for NY to overrule...looked like his foot was in bounds as his shin simultaneously was out of bounds

3. surviving Watson's unsuccessful 2 point attempt 1.9 minutes before Brown's tying TD, + 1 point.

Watson did have his fav Fuller, and Texans had Robie defending in week 6...

Archived