Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard's opinion.

TimetobringDfence!

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

If colts got the calls and Pitt did not, Colts win the game....anyone can say but play better, do this better, do that better, doesnt matter IF proper calls are made Colts win the game even playing less then great ball....bottom line. Refs can alter a very high % of games and they do in NFL,NBA,NHL only MLB is petty much immune since a non contact sport. 

Thats why MLB has the only championship ever thrown for gambling... the players had to do it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, life long said:

He is always smiling when making bad calls against us. Did it both games... 

Watched Remember the Titans last night(for the 100th time), makes me think about those refs trying to fix that game.

There was a lot of suspect called today and quite frankly in a lot of our games. I don't want to pin losses on that 100% but they definitely came into affect in a couple of them.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Watched Remember the Titans last night(for the 100th time), makes me think about those refs trying to fix that game.

There was a lot of suspect called today and quite frankly in a lot of our games. I don't want to pin losses on that 100% but they definitely came into affect in a couple of them.

Refs are people too. With unconscious biases. Maybe they screw a team on purpose, maybe not. No way to find out but many of the calls starting with that block in the back and nonsense PI's stole all of our momentum. I'll hope for a playoff birth still but I want that steeler monkey off our backs!

A lot of PI calls and a questionable block in the back call are evidence that this is a poor officiating crew that made a lot of bad calls.  They are NOT evidence of a grand conspiracy between the refs and the NFL to make sure that the Steelers won.  If there was such a conspiracy, they would have made sure the Steelers won against the Bengals last week.  And they didn't.

Leonard is right, that the PI's overruled our ability to play any kind of defense, and Pittsburgh did not have to earn their way down the field, nor spend any time doing it.

But it doesn't mean there was a conspiracy.

11 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

A lot of PI calls and a questionable block in the back call are evidence that this is a poor officiating crew that made a lot of bad calls.  They are NOT evidence of a grand conspiracy between the refs and the NFL to make sure that the Steelers won.  If there was such a conspiracy, they would have made sure the Steelers won against the Bengals last week.  And they didn't.

Leonard is right, that the PI's overruled our ability to play any kind of defense, and Pittsburgh did not have to earn their way down the field, nor spend any time doing it.

Yeah I don’t buy conspiracy theories I just think this crew is not good at their job.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Frank also help the stealers. The team today played against Reich, the Refs and the stealers. He also tried to put the game in the hand of a QB with a bad foot. He will also need off-season surgery too...

Yes he will.  To remove Irsay’s foot from his rear end. Oh, you mean Rivers...

58 minutes ago, w87r said:

The Colts almost lost the GB game because of the officiating calls (holding calls).

Who was the referee in this game?

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Colts almost lost the GB game because of the officiating calls (holding calls).

Who was the referee in this game?

Im not sure, I dont usually follow zebra assignments, except in the NBA, I can almost always guess who is going to draw a big playoff assignment. Which let me tell you, isn't a good thing for what I think about the WWE nature of the NBA. I literally see it as sports entertainment

NFL, I see some crazy things happen to, not even a Colts complaint. Just in general. Like questionable calls 2 weeks in a row for TB last 2 weeks before this one.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Im not sure, I dont usually follow zebra assignments, except in the NBA, I can almost always guess who is going to draw a big playoff assignment. Which let me tell you, isn't a good thing for what I think about the WWE nature of the NBA. I literally see it as sports entertainment

NFL, I see some crazy things happen to, not even a Colts complaint. Just in general. Like questionable calls 2 weeks in a row for TB last 2 weeks before this one.

Teams that refs seem to favor: Patriots, Cowboys, Packers.  I may have to add the Steelers to that.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

This game and the GB game are the two that were outcome changers.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Good perspective, we still blew our shots, especially Frank's bad coaching starting the second half. 

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

This game and the GB game are the two that were outcome changers.

We won the GB game.

It is more like the Remember the Titans scenario as the refs were trying to give them the game but couldn't keep the inevitable from happening. That and coach told the ref he better start calling the game right.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

We won the GB game.

It is more like the Remember the Titans scenario as the refs were trying to give them the game but couldn't keep the inevitable from happening. That and coach told the ref he better start calling the game right.

We did win that but that was the worse officiating I've witnessed against the Colts.

54 minutes ago, w87r said:

I definitely see team(s) element, but I think it goes toward high profile players as well.

Did you see the call against Tennessee just now? The penalty extended the drive for GB after the Titans blocked a kick. The refs called offsides against the Titans. Everyone is saying they should not have called offsides.  After the offsides call, GB decides to go for it on 4th and 3 or so, but the Titans sacked Rodgers on 4th down to turn them over on downs. So no major damage done but the potential was there. 

Of course it could never be that the Colts lost because the Steelers found a groove after 3 & 1/2 horrible games on their part. Did those crappy calls help them find that groove? Maybe. But after all, the Colts were missing.....what was it.......it's right on the tip of my tongue.....oh yes! Their 2 starting tackles! I was amazed we got away with the stuff we did on the first half.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see the call against Tennessee just now. The penalty extended the drive for GB after the Titans blocked a kick. The refs called offsides against the Titans. Everyone is saying they should not have called offsides.  GB decides to go for it on 4th and 3 or so,  but the Titans sacked Rodgers on 4th down to turn them over on downs.

Yeah I saw it.

Have to admit, I was happy about it though. Lol.

But yeah, to the point of what is being discussed it is very prominent.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see the call against Tennessee just now. The penalty extended the drive for GB after the Titans blocked a kick. The refs called offsides against the Titans. Everyone is saying they should not have called offsides.  After the offsides call, GB decides to go for it on 4th and 3 or so, but the Titans sacked Rodgers on 4th down to turn them over on downs. So no major damage done but the potential was there. 

Yeah the officiating has already been trash this one.  I thought it was hilarious when Rodgers caught 12 men on the field, the refs stopped the play and were like "Derp!!!!!!!!!  The officials were not in position to officiate the play, replay down." :lol:

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Normally I would agree. But the refs threw 4 PI flags on very questionable calls, that resulted in 21 points for the Steelers. For example, the PI on Kenny Moore who had tripped and fallen to the turf when the WR tripped over him.

21 points? How do you figure that? The JuJu TD was from the 25 yard line. 

One was very much helped by a flag...but it’s hard to know what happens if they don’t flag...pretty sure none of those flags occurred on 3rd down.

Besides, after the drive with the flags on Kenny and Carrie...Colts were still up by 3 and had 3 more possessions...and did nothing.

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

No doubt, I have never seen anything like that.

I think the 96 AFCG is up there. Even as a young novice football fan at the time...something seemed off about that game.

Also...those NE games from the early 2000s were really bad...just a complete team different brand of football than today.

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

I think the 96 AFCG is up there. Even as a young novice football fan at the time...something seemed off about that game.

Also...those NE games from the early 2000s were really bad...just a complete team different brand of football than today.

Oh yeah there is definitely some others that stand out.

Im more just referring to the consecutive holding calls in a season where holding calls might be at an all time low(without looking for numbers). It was just crazy. 

Revisiting the PI call on Moore:  couldn't Frank have thrown the flag and called for a review of the tipped ball? Everyone was calling it on the Colts' sideline. Except Frank, of course. Just wondering why that call wasn't challenged unless it can't be under current rules?? That was a game changing moment right there. Any chance of reversing that call.... you had to try for it. 

22 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Revisiting the PI call on Moore:  couldn't Frank have thrown the flag and called for a review of the tipped ball? Everyone was calling it on the Colts' sideline. Except Frank, of course. Just wondering why that call wasn't challenged unless it can't be under current rules?? That was a game changing moment right there. Any chance of reversing that call.... you had to try for it. 

They took the review on PI away this year.

Oh, what a surprise, pathetic officiating in a Colt-steeler game. Over and over again, year after year after year. No wonder we are now 3-23 against them since the Irsays' bought the team in '72, but what can we do, we apparently aren't going to get a fair game against them anytime soon.

I've said for years football is a game of penalties and turnovers, and momentum and field position. And who controls those 4 areas of a game. Painfully obvious result from todays game. As a player it is hard to keep your head in the game when you are being reemed, it is only human nature. Today, even as the Colts were leading 21-7 at half and being surrounded by steeler fans here in western Pa who were constantly griping about how bad pittsburgh SUCKS, I kept assuring them, "don't worry, you guys got this" and then with every ridiculous move by the refs as the game went on most of them became utterly embarrased knowing the refs were going to hand them a free one. But, that's life in the nfl. Deal with it people.

Archived