Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard's opinion.

TimetobringDfence!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Even Leonard is saying the PI calls are nonsense. And TY should have got the call at the end that the steelers got even tough Carrie tipped it. And that block in the back the first half was nonsense he was blocked out of the play before hand. Refs did everything they could to help Pitt stay in it.

I agree and it was obvious. Sad. 

Ive always believed the refs play a bigger part than most are willing to admit. I mean its happened a lot in other sports so why would the NFL be immune. Theres a reason they took away PI review and refuse to adopt the XFL review system.

Its tough to see it happen so blatantly to your team in such a crucial spot. Sucks to be the 05 Seahawks and many others. I dont believe they lost because of the refs but definitely believe they play a hand,

5 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

There is no question the refs intentionally helped Pittsburgh. It is absolutely beyond dispute.

Our play calling and the inability of the defense to force a turnover or get key stops in the second half also were huge factors.

Will the refs help Steelers  next week

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Ive always believed the refs play a bigger part than most are willing to admit. I mean its happened a lot in other sports so why would the NFL be immune. Theres a reason they took away PI review and refuse to adopt the XFL review system.

Its tough to see it happen so blatantly to your team in such a crucial spot. Sucks to be the 05 Seahawks and many others.

The 05 Seahawks got totally screwed. Even John Madden said so as did anyone with glasses watching it. Everytime they made a big play it got called back, every close call went against them. Ridiculous. 

39 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Even Leonard is saying the PI calls are nonsense. And TY should have got the call at the end that the steelers got even tough Carrie tipped it. And that block in the back the first half was nonsense he was blocked out of the play before hand. Refs did everything they could to help Pitt stay in it.

that's because Leonard was on the field and saw it with his own eyes.. which all of us saw as well on replays.

but continue to blame the defense or the offense for the collapse. 

maybe the run game went away because coaches saw what the refs were doing for the steelers and knew they had to keep scoring to have any shot of winning against a good defense and the refs

flag for TY late and Colts can score to win... but nope game is over because refs laugh and every penalty in this game is a judgment call by refs who can manipulate any game at any time they want 

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 05 Seahawks got totally screwed. Even John Madden said so as did anyone with glasses watching it. Everytime they made a big play it got called back, every close call went against them. Ridiculous. 

The nfl could not allow Jerome Bettis and the fabled steelers fairytale ending to be squashed by the no name Seahawks

1 hour ago, IndyD4U said:

The Colts didn’t lose because of the refs. Good grief 

they pretty much did. lead would've been larger at half without fake block in back

lead wouldn't  have shrunk without fake pi calls giving the stealers 24 yards here, 40 yards there for first and goal... illegal db contact here for a fresh set of downs... anything and everything they could call to help them they did in the 2H

get over it. momentum is real and it can be handed on a silver platter in the NFL team by the refs 

45 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Normally I would agree. But the refs threw 4 PI flags on very questionable calls, that resulted in 21 points for the Steelers. For example, the PI on Kenny Moore who had tripped and fallen to the turf when the WR tripped over him.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing is fixed but altered by bad calls = yes, it is obvious. It only takes 2 or 3 plays where a REF can make a non call or call that is bogus that alters a game. 

exactly, all it takes is a few tiny ticky tack calls that they would normally never flag to switch momentum in a game and basically walk a team into a touchdown. that changes everything the other team does to try and "answer" them. all those calls based on rubbish.

no PI, plus tipped pass but nope... still PI and 24 yards for Pit. offensive PI steelers to prevent a pick 6 but nope.. no flag... don't back up the Steelers and put them in a much tougher down/distance to convert and continue a series.

fake block in back on screen pass before half that would've resulted in at least a fg attempt.

they all add up. 

then TY gets same type of interference late in the game on that 3rd and 7 and the refs just stand there because the colts are down to 1 play to stay alive again. if 1 ref threw a flag on that play i guarantee they would've huddled up and talked it over and then announced that there was no penalty on the play... 4th down! 

remember saints being screwed against the Rams. game over if they call that PI. all it takes is ONE MORE opportunity in the NFL for a team to switch momentum and find a way to win. closing out an NFL game against any opponent is always tough. how hard do you think it is to close out an NFL game against an opponent TWICE. 

refs walked the steelers down the field for 2 td "drives" and yet guys wonder why the offense came out and didn't play the same or clutch after that. how would you play when the officials are taking the outcome of a hard fought game out of your hands?

22 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

You can’t blame the referees for every single game we lose. Going out for six on third down at one point as why we lost

It wasnt just refs but the kept pitt in it all game they got a lot o favorable calls and Frank gave up running to start the second half. He really helped hand them momentum instead of sticking with the hot hand.

22 minutes ago, Numba1Colt said:

that's because Leonard was on the field and saw it with his own eyes.. which all of us saw as well on replays.

but continue to blame the defense or the offense for the collapse. 

maybe the run game went away because coaches saw what the refs were doing for the steelers and knew they had to keep scoring to have any shot of winning against a good defense and the refs

flag for TY late and Colts can score to win... but nope game is over because refs laugh and every penalty in this game is a judgment call by refs who can manipulate any game at any time they want 

Even on the TJ interference call if the ball wasn’t tipped, the contact was incidental should’ve been a non-call, they call against roads was downright laughable, and disgusting

Just now, life long said:

I'm in cabo right now. There was a mix of fans at the bar and unbiased fans of other teams said the refs the refs screwed us.

I try my best to be unbiased and felt it was called in pitts favor. TY should have got the same call they got. And we tipped the one were we incidentally tripped their guy. And the no offensive PI on Claypool was egregious. Rock could have had a clean pick 6 on that.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing is fixed but altered by bad calls = yes, it is obvious. It only takes 2 or 3 plays where a REF can make a non call or call that is bogus that alters a game. 

Something else that plays into is the spotting of the ball. I think that is a very underrated aspect of how refs effect outcomes of games.

Clearly not as obvious as missed calls, but is very substantial and I have seen it go certain teas favor to many times over the years.   Cant challenge everything.

Edit and not saying this was the case in the Colts game today.

58 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

some fans are in denial .  bottom line is the defense cant go through a stretch giving up huge chunk plays and giving up points every single drive .   the offense can not go 7 drives without a single point and turn the ball over twice .    bottom line is if the offense scores one touchdown in one of the drives and the defense gets one stop the game would of stayed a two score game the whole second half .

56 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ive always believed the refs play a bigger part than most are willing to admit.

I agree totally. If a ref wants you to lose you will lose. Possibility one or more of the refs is a Steelers fan. Refs have a favorite team just like all of us do. I also believe there's at least a couple refs in every sport that are involved in fixing games.

If colts got the calls and Pitt did not, Colts win the game....anyone can say but play better, do this better, do that better, doesnt matter IF proper calls are made Colts win the game even playing less then great ball....bottom line. Refs can alter a very high % of games and they do in NFL,NBA,NHL only MLB is petty much immune since a non contact sport. 

Archived