Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What the hell was the second half D coverage?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I said it early in the 3rd that all Ben had to do was throw deep and a flag would get thrown. Too obvious to me, if a REF is going to alter a game, please do a better job. I have watched this game for

I still think we beat Jacks and the Bills beat the Dolphins so we get in but does it matter? You play Pitt or KC the REFS will give them every call.

Literally giving them 6-7yd a pop. Also where the hell was the DL? Pathetic performance in the second half.

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Literally giving them 6-7yd a pop. Also where the hell was the DL? Pathetic performance in the second half.

That's just how our defense is, they're terrific one half and suck the other. I don't know if it was the play calling or the players but I sure as hell am not gonna find out cause I'm not rewatching this one. The most pathetic stat line was that they ran the ball like 15 times and passed it 40. That is beyond insufferable. How do you lose to that... UGHHHH

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hammer said:

No rush of any kind. Big Ben just playing catch.

Why is this shocking to you or anyone who has watched this team? You should have known it was coming. They are one half wonders, all year long. You just never know which half it will be but definitely ain’t getting 4 quarters from this team on offense or defense. It’s pretty well documented in their play over time. FR isn’t the leader this team now needs. It’s time to move on from him like we did back with diddly-poo Mora. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jdubu said:

Why is this shocking to you or anyone who has watched this team? You should have known it was coming. They are one half wonders, all year long. You just never know which half it will be but definitely ain’t getting 4 quarters from this team on offense or defense. It’s pretty well documented in their play over time. FR isn’t the leader this team now needs. It’s time to move on from him like we did back with diddly-poo Mora. 

It's always a coaching issue if you can't play 4 quarters. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said it early in the 3rd that all Ben had to do was throw deep and a flag would get thrown. Too obvious to me, if a REF is going to alter a game, please do a better job. I have watched this game for 45 years so I am some dumb dumb when something is obvious. The non-calls were just as bad on offensive PI that would've been a pick 6, just cute.

Speaking about PI it’s so frustrating when they call all these soft calls on us. Yet that one on the end could’ve easily been called.

• Like 1

We need a corner. I’ve been saying it since the start of the season. Was called a fool once the defense wasn’t playing against a good QB. We had a weak schedule until after the bye week. The weakness on 3rd down has always been there. If we had a CB you’d see more creativity 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

They played softer coverage in the second half. 

Prevent defense, once again prevents a win... Pitt made adjustments and came and got Rivers.. Ebrflus changed nothing,  once Pitt adjusted on offense.. Eber never changed and let Ben pick the D apart

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I wasn't shocked in the least. 

• Like 1

The pass D was busy getting penalties and getting burned. The Colts base coverage is essentially a prevent D anyways so it’s easy to shred with the short passing game.

On 12/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, a06cc said:

We need a corner. I’ve been saying it since the start of the season. Was called a fool once the defense wasn’t playing against a good QB. We had a weak schedule until after the bye week. The weakness on 3rd down has always been there. If we had a CB you’d see more creativity 

Yup. We bet everything on Rock Ya-Sin and Xavier Rhodes because a “Tampa-2 doesn’t need good corners”. And I don’t want to here another word about the “development “ of Ya Sin. . Got burned by Johnson bad and that flipped the momentum.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said it early in the 3rd that all Ben had to do was throw deep and a flag would get thrown. Too obvious to me, if a REF is going to alter a game, please do a better job. I have watched this game for 45 years so I am not some dumb dumb when something is obvious. The non-calls were just as bad on offensive PI that would've been a pick 6, just cute.

Yeah, real weak call on Moore, and mind boggling no call on the potential pick 6. Not thrilled with the one on Glow that costs the Colts more points at the end of the 1st half, but the way the 4th quarter was going, Steelers may have still won.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

That's just how our defense is, they're terrific one half and suck the other. I don't know if it was the play calling or the players but I sure as hell am not gonna find out cause I'm not rewatching this one. The most pathetic stat line was that they ran the ball like 15 times and passed it 40. That is beyond insufferable. How do you lose to that... UGHHHH

If we do not get turnovers we do not win 

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

The pass D was busy getting penalties and getting burned. The Colts base coverage is essentially a prevent D anyways so it’s easy to shred with the short passing game.

Yup. We bet everything on Rock Ya-Sin and Xavier Rhodes because a “Tampa-2 doesn’t need good corners”. And I don’t want to here another word about the “development “ of Ya Sin. He’s certified trash. Got burned by Johnson bad and that flipped the momentum.

Rock needs to get his head around a second sooner. I’m sure the coaches told him this. I’m giving him another season.  The PI’s on him today are highly questionable. Again the only person I can blame for today loss is Reich. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, coltsva said:

Yeah, real weak call on Moore, and mind boggling no call on the potential pick 6. Not thrilled with the one on Glow that costs the Colts more points at the end of the 1st half, but the way the 4th quarter was going, Steelers may have still won.

Yeah that was huge when Hines had the huge play, forgot about that one. Glow did very little and that could've been 28-7 at the half. That was pretty bogus.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

If we do not get turnovers we do not win 

That's absolutely right, this team doesn't have much consistently good players that just do their job well every play and just has really good play makers that will make a play and win the game because they'd been sucking the whole game. 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said it early in the 3rd that all Ben had to do was throw deep and a flag would get thrown. Too obvious to me, if a REF is going to alter a game, please do a better job. I have watched this game for 45 years so I am not some dumb dumb when something is obvious. The non-calls were just as bad on offensive PI that would've been a pick 6, just cute.

Wasn't that pass interference on TY when he fell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Rock needs to get his head around a second sooner. I’m sure the coaches told him this. I’m giving him another season.  The PI’s on him today are highly questionable. Again the only person I can blame for today loss is Reich. 

No the loss is definitely on Reich and his playcalling. I’m just pointing out the issues with the pass D. Rock has been a huge issue. We let Desir go and handed Rock a starting job and he’s been a disappointment up to this point. When he’s not getting penalties he’s getting burnt. Burned by Tee Higgins, Valdez-Scantling, Cory Davis, Dionte Johnson, the list goes on. 

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

No the loss is definitely on Reich and his playcalling. I’m just pointing out the issues with the pass D. Rock has been a huge issue. We let Desir go and handed Rock a starting job and he’s been a disappointment up to this point. When he’s not getting penalties he’s getting burnt. Burned by Tee Higgins, Valdez-Scantling, Cory Davis, Dionte Johnson, the list goes on. 

He’s been playing against some good WR’s. He has had some good plays. We can’t take that from him at all

8 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Wasn't that pass interference on TY when he fell. 

If that would've been Ju Ju with the game on the line, PI automatically. Ju Ju hasn't accomplished near what TY has in his career but because it is Pitt, it would've been a PI. I am convinced of that. Look I hate blaming the REFS, looks like I am whining but when the crap is obvious, time for me to speak up. If I was a coach I would say it in the post game and take the fine. Frank won't, he is too nice lmao . I am nice but not that nice when I think something is nonsense. The REFS in the 2005/2006 SB single handed gave the Steelers that SB vs Seattle. Anyone can google it and see how many people think that. They also cheated us in the 1995 Title Game, Stewart goes out of bounds comes back in and catches a TD. Bogus crap and obvious. The REFS are in love with the Steelers, maybe they get free steak dinners in Pittsburgh and massages from beautiful ladies before big games. Puzzles me but I always know when playing that team it is vs them and the REFS. Nobody will convince me otherwise. I have seen this for years is why.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I'd like to see us bring in a different coach . In the meantime I wish Frank would get hand over the play calling duties to the OC. I hear Jim harbaugh might be available......

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a 17 pt lead it wasn’t a bad decision. The issue is the offense melted down because Reich doesn’t understand situational football.

Just say Reich sucks and we choked, it will save you a lot of time lmao . No other factors were involved :sarcasm:. Just say Miami will spank Buffalo and we will miss the playoffs. I have you covered for tonight :thmup:

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a 17 pt lead it wasn’t a bad decision. The issue is the offense melted down because Reich doesn’t understand situational football.

As far as the offense goes missing are two tackles hurt us in this game. How many times was Rivers sacked at least 5 and was pressured many times which caused some bad throws. I think at full strength this would have been a different game. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we beat Jacks and the Bills beat the Dolphins so we get in but does it matter? You play Pitt or KC the REFS will give them every call.

Depends on who will be #2 next week I think bills will get it so we would face the steelers again if we're healthy we can beat them

• Like 1

I agree with nearly every comment on this thread. This team makes me sick to my stomach nearly every week. What works well in one half we totally abandon in the second half or vice versa. Can't figure this team out, we are a decent team but I want a team with a put them away mentality. You should never lose when up 24-7.....NEVER!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why even bother our  corners can not cover anyone plus no pass rush

• Like 1