Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers not clutch / is terrible (merge)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one is on Frank, not Rivers. 

Even though I’d just finished one, when I heard Rivers had just tossed 420 I knew I had to celebrate that properly so I did and settled in to watch the remainder of the game. This is how the journey w

I’ve just grown tired of the limitations this offense has with such a statue back there.   Like, sure, I know he makes up for it to some degree with his intelligence...but the fact that our

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if they want to say he isn't mobile, yeah we all know that but he still has a good arm.

Yeah I love the narrative of “defenses know how to play us because they know Rivers can’t run.  
 

Yeah, defenses sure shut down Manning knowing he didn’t have the ability to run.  
 

Also, we must’ve got lucky 10 of the games this year with the defenses capitalizing on playing against an immobile QB

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpanosSucks said:

Yeah I love the narrative of “defenses know how to play us because they know Rivers can’t run.  
 

Yeah, defenses sure shut down Manning knowing he didn’t have the ability to run.  
 

Also, we must’ve got lucky 10 of the games this year with the defenses capitalizing on playing against an immobile QB

If we get in we are going to win it all, I am calling it now and I am not even drinking yet lmao 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we get in we are going to win it all, I am calling it now and I am not even drinking yet lmao 

Agree.  
 

That Pitts game showed how dominant we CAN be.  We did partially get effed by refs with that nonsense block in the back on the Hines 60 yard catch.  And then the multiple PI and lack of PI for us.  But essentially D broke down. 
 

But good teams usually turn it around and strive in playoffs.  Hopefully we’re that team

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

Agree.  
 

That Pitts game showed how dominant we CAN be.  We did partially get effed by refs with that nonsense block in the back on the Hines 60 yard catch.  And then the multiple PI and lack of PI for us.  But essentially D broke down. 
 

But good teams usually turn it around and strive in playoffs.  Hopefully we’re that team

I was about to say that, we dominated them, actually toyed with them in the 1st half. That showed me a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was about to say that, we dominated them, actually toyed with them in the 1st half. That showed me a lot.


Defense crumbling aside, if we just ran the damn ball that probably stays a blowout.  Rivers and Co handled biz in the 1st half.  Just shoulda been handing off to JT the rest of the game.  
 

It is what it is.  We now go into the playoffs and go on a 2010 Packers run.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpanosSucks said:


Defense crumbling aside, if we just ran the damn ball that probably stays a blowout.  Rivers and Co handled biz in the 1st half.  Just shoulda been handing off to JT the rest of the game.  
 

It is what it is.  We now go into the playoffs and go on a 2010 Packers run.  

Yeah Sunday is going to be entertaining. I am not even ruling out winning the division, Watson might play lights out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Sunday is going to be entertaining. I am not even ruling out winning the division, Watson might play lights out.


yeah Watson shredded them last time.  The D just let him down.  Hoping Watts big speech gives team the motivation to shut them down

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, he throws a perfect 45 yard TD to Pascal and people say he can't throw downfield. That is laughable.

 people  watch mahomes launch 70 yard passes down field or josh allen with the rocket arm long balls and want that.   I just think that people want their own QB  , a rookie drafted by the colts rather then an aging veteran .  I was against rivers at first in favor of drafting jordon love .   Rivers has proved me wrong ,but i know we are back to square one soon.  Having a set player at the most important position for the next 15 years is the reason i believe for rivers hate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

 people  watch mahomes launch 70 yard passes down field or josh allen with the rocket arm long balls and want that.   I just think that people want their own QB  , a rookie drafted by the colts rather then an aging veteran .  I was against rivers at first in favor of drafting jordon love .   Rivers has proved me wrong ,but i know we are back to square one soon.  Having a set player at the most important position for the next 15 years is the reason i believe for rivers hate.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of Rivers but even i know Ballard is gonna have to try to fix the QB issue soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point,  I think Frank Reich is more of an impediment to the Colts offense than Rivers has been. He really needs to stop being too cute in certain situations and going away from what is working. He has lost some of my confidence this season with his play calling and roster utilization. Players need to be used to their strengths and put in positions to succeed. I don’t feel Reich does that enough. 
 

Rivers is what he is but has limited his mistakes this year and played efficiently. Imo, he has been hindered by Reich going away from what works at inappropriate times (for example- suddenly stop running the ball with Taylor when he is running over teams. Or running Hines up the middle on 4th and one near the goal line.) I wasn’t a fan of the Rivers signing initially but the old man has surpassed my expectation of him. He has not been the turnover machine that he was with the Chargers last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah for some reason I smell an upset there but they have to contain Henry.

I think only Colts fans are smelling an upset here because quite frankly we are desperate. The Steelers and Bills probably lay down this weekend as both have clinched their divisions and secured playoff spots.  Steelers seem content with the 3 seed seeing as how Mason Rudolph is starting instead of Big Ben. It’s down to Texans or Bengals (lol) to deliver the needed help and we are left dreaming for and visualizing a Watson miracle that more than likely will not be delivered. We shoulda beat Pittsburgh last week. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

 people  watch mahomes launch 70 yard passes down field or josh allen with the rocket arm long balls and want that.   I just think that people want their own QB  , a rookie drafted by the colts rather then an aging veteran .  I was against rivers at first in favor of drafting jordon love .   Rivers has proved me wrong ,but i know we are back to square one soon.  Having a set player at the most important position for the next 15 years is the reason i believe for rivers hate.

I really don't care about someone being able to throw 70 yards. Jeff George could throw 75 yards and he sucked. I want a QB that is smart between the ears and moves the chains, Rivers has done that all year. His stats and wins back that up. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't care about someone being able to throw 70 yards. Jeff George could throw 75 yards and he sucked. I want a QB that is smart between the ears and moves the chains, Rivers has done that all year. His stats and wins back that up. 

You don't want this guy?

 

Uncle Rico GIF by memecandy

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't care about someone being able to throw 70 yards. Jeff George could throw 75 yards and he sucked. I want a QB that is smart between the ears and moves the chains, Rivers has done that all year. His stats and wins back that up. 

there is a new group of nfl fans now that want a mobile big arm QB like mahomes or aron rodgers type .  It seems back in the old nfl days you could not have mobile QB's because they nfl treated them like running backs zero protection and they got hurt fast.  Now they have all these rules even protecting wrs from taking a hit after catching a pass that mobile QBs do have a advantage .  Luck has a perfect example of a mobile QB who had a big arm and played like manning also . I think going from luck to and older rivers rubs people the wrong way . I am not saying its right just that that is what i get from the complaints.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

there is a new group of nfl fans now that want a mobile big arm QB like mahomes or aron rodgers type .  It seems back in the old nfl days you could not have mobile QB's because they nfl treated them like running backs zero protection and they got hurt fast.  Now they have all these rules even protecting wrs from taking a hit after catching a pass that mobile QBs do have a advantage .  Luck has a perfect example of a mobile QB who had a big arm and played like manning also . I think going from luck to and older rivers rubs people the wrong way . I am not saying its right just that that is what i get from the complaints.

I get that and it’s fair and correct I just personal don’t care what type of QB they are if they are effective.  That’s just me though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I get that and it’s fair and correct I just personal don’t care what type of QB they are if they are effective.  That’s just me though.

When we were 5-2 I loved JB, all I want is wins lmao even if ugly wins

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I get that and it’s fair and correct I just personal don’t care what type of QB they are if they are effective.  That’s just me though.

I agree to a certain extent with you about just being a good QB.  On the other hand after watching watson playing us during the texans game , watching our defensive line bully the texans offensive line all game . Watson still would break free even after pressure coming right away after one second , and hit passes down field all game .   During the manning years in the playoffs against the patriots , steelers and chargers those amazing defensive lines were mannings kryptonite .  The whole game even without blitzing they would dominate the colts offensive line with in 2 seconds manning had no time to do much but check down and that was covered .   The pocket passer is so defined by how well their offensive line plays look at brady in 07 superbowl , he was useless the whole game with great weapons and coaching .    Even with a quick release and knowing the play coming when teams can get pressure rushing 4 or 5 with in 2 seconds or less there is not much a QB can do .  With corners pressing and holding the first 5 yards they can make a wr take 2 seconds to break free and that is it .  With mahomes or watson as soon as the play is snapped if pressure breaks they use their speed to back then spin around it and can turn it into a big play anytime .   The game has changed with the rules being changed .  Even though you still need to make plays from the pocket having a extra factor of being mobile and throwing from the run can just destroy defenses no matter how well they play .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 4:09 PM, SpanosSucks said:


you left out the best part - Chargers got in at 8-8.  Although I don’t feel bad because they throttled the Pats in the regular season so you couldn’t make the argument that Pats were the better team.  And Chargers at least knocked off thr 12-4 Colts in the wild card round. 

 

Yeah, that was a brutal beating, and in primetime. The Chargers made the playoffs at 8-8 as divisional champs, and that team at .500 had a better record than the current year's NFC East champions will!

Belicheat.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 3:22 PM, James said:

For his career, Philip Rivers has 9 TDs, 17 INTs, 5.9 Y/A, and a 57.1 passer rating when trailing by a single possession with under 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

 

Source please?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Pro Football Network lists Rivers as the 8th best QB this year.

 

That's pretty terrible.  Go get Wentz.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.ede9e5b27bef88b25de8e4e54c454ee8.jpeg

 

I hope you’re joking because being the 8th best QB for a guy who isn’t expected to carry the load for your offense is actually really good.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PaulSTL said:

 

Source please?

We don’t need sources.  Watch:

 

In every Rivers loss of his career, he has thrown at least 3 INT and fumbled at least 2x.  Meanwhile his defense has held opposing offense to 3 points.  
 

proof rivers is trash and not clutch. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.ede9e5b27bef88b25de8e4e54c454ee8.jpeg

 

I hope you’re joking because being the 8th best QB for a guy who isn’t expected to carry the load for your offense is actually really good.

Yeah, that's why I posted it in this thread.

 

Rivers has done what was asked of him this year.  If brought back next year, I expect him to be even better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Yeah, that's why I posted it in this thread.

 

Rivers has done what was asked of him this year.  If brought back next year, I expect him to be even better.

Okay just making sure because sadly there are some that would agree he’s awful because he’s only rank the 8th best QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 8:44 AM, Coltsman1788 said:

I think only Colts fans are smelling an upset here because quite frankly we are desperate. The Steelers and Bills probably lay down this weekend as both have clinched their divisions and secured playoff spots.  Steelers seem content with the 3 seed seeing as how Mason Rudolph is starting instead of Big Ben. It’s down to Texans or Bengals (lol) to deliver the needed help and we are left dreaming for and visualizing a Watson miracle that more than likely will not be delivered. We shoulda beat Pittsburgh last week. 

I'm still just so surprised that Pittsburg wouldn't mind having to face Baltimore. I think they are the toughest wild card opponent. And, they aren't playing good football.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am pretty sure that is false, until he shows me facts I think that is wrong.


You’d be wrong then.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm still just so surprised that Pittsburg wouldn't mind having to face Baltimore. I think they are the toughest wild card opponent. And, they aren't playing good football.
 

Pittsburgh looking very shaky.  They only beat the Colts because they always beat the Colts. They have looked like scrap for four out of their last five games.  Now they get the Browns again in the first round. They should have took today serious and dealt with Cleveland and eliminated them while they had the chance.  Might come back to bite them. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We've got some decent value at the 5 and dime store.   Great bargains Rhodes Moore   Good bargains TJ Carrie Wilson
    • They are talking about next year's picks, which one (either 1st or 2nd) is conditionally going to Philly. Doubt they can contractually use either in a trade for this year (unless it's with Philly). Perhaps there's contract language that says we can deal our 2nd, but if we do, Philly would automatically get our 1st.
    • What is his role?     So does everybody on the team who doesn't want to be traded because of whatever Easterby did not seeing things as well as Watson and 5 players who were let go by the team?  Why are the 5 seeing it correctly and the 150 not?      
    • Instead of trying to split the atom on how stats are measured, let's keep it simple and just apply basic logic.    Should we not expect a 31 year old to lose speed? Should we not expect a tiny guy who's losing his speed, to struggle getting the same separation he relied on all these years? Even if you disagree with the majority of fans (who think he's slowed), wouldn't the trained eyes of the coaches know better? And if TY still had it (and Rivers was at fault), wouldn't TY get a better/longer deal than 1 year / 8M? Should we believe TY's stats are simply wrong, while most of the other pass catchers are grading better at separation while getting the same balls, by the same QB? Are stats out to get TY, or is Philip just bad throwing to TY and good to everyone else? And nobody saying Rivers is great. But simply other pass catchers are grading better with Rivers, than TY. TY relied on his speed all these years (along with route running). He's losing that speed, and now has to rely on route running (for tough yards) and mismatches (seam and bad DBs) for the majority of his highlights. There's no mystery here. It's just getting harder for him. I really hope he can squeeze one more 1000 yard season out for the Colts.   
    • You are having a different conversation than I am.   I'm talking about the narrow issue of Watson possibly being traded, and citing the reasons he supposedly stated for wanting to be traded.  I show you articles because you insinuate that I am wrong about those reasons.    What the culture is or is not in the HOU organization is not relevant, because no articles have cited culture as being the reason.    Its also not relevant to Watson, because it seems to me that if these adverse conditions were long standing since the time AJ and Foster were in the locker room, then those conditions must not have have been a big deal to Watson in September when he chose to extended his playing time with such a bad organization run by such awful political owners.  That must not be the reason he wants a trade.               
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...