Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rough Loss to Steelers (merge)


Recommended Posts

I don’t know how I feel about this one. Just feels like a classic Colts collapse. Either digging out of the 1st half or crumbling in the 2nd. We just don’t consistently beat good teams. The whole 2nd half just felt like the Steelers were imposing their will. How does that happen after 21-7 in the 1st half?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dasteez said:

I don’t know how I feel about this one. Just feels like a classic Colts collapse. Either digging out of the 1st half or crumbling in the 2nd. We just don’t consistently beat good teams. The whole 2nd half just felt like the Steelers were imposing their will. How does that happen after 21-7 in the 1st half?

Frank Reich and Rivers were horrible on the offense. Reich was calling plays on 2nd and 5 as if it was 3rd and 20. Rivers can't win us a game and is at most a game manager(I swear if we sign him again I'm gonna flip out). Don't even get me started on the defense. It's by far the most overrated defense in the NFL and can't play a 4 quarter game. People are gonna say I'm overreacting but that was the worst half of football I've seen in a long time. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Frank Reich and Rivers were horrible on the offense. Reich was calling plays on 2nd and 5 as if it was 3rd and 20. Rivers can't win us a game and is at most a game manager(I swear if we sign him again I'm gonna flip out). Don't even get me started on the defense. It's by far the most overrated defense in the NFL and can't play a 4 quarter game. People are gonna say I'm overreacting but that was the worst half of football I've seen in a long time. 

The problem with our defense is: cornerback (rock), Julian turning from DPOY to a complete nobody, and our linebackers just being bad in coverage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Frank Reich and Rivers were horrible on the offense. Reich was calling plays on 2nd and 5 as if it was 3rd and 20. Rivers can't win us a game and is at most a game manager(I swear if we sign him again I'm gonna flip out). Don't even get me started on the defense. It's by far the most overrated defense in the NFL and can't play a 4 quarter game. People are gonna say I'm overreacting but that was the worst half of football I've seen in a long time. 

after today's game my worries came true. We have no pure pass rushers on the edge i mean sacking Ben only once is unacceptable 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

The problem with our defense is: cornerback (rock), Julian turning from DPOY to a complete nobody, and our linebackers just being bad in coverage.

There was also zero pressure on our d line. The one sack came from a play where no one was blocking Khari Willis. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Collapse, I knew yesterday our hearts would get ripped out. That was gut wrenching. Major shakeup coming after this one. Rock, Burton, special teams looked horrible. It’s a loss to the Steelers, these always linger and leave the worst taste in your mouth. It wouldn’t surprise me if Jacksonville sweeps us. Ughhh, so empty feeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank and Rivers lost this game.  Yea the Defense played bad the second but who decided to play Rock at corner today.  Frank did.  Why is he still on the team? .  Rivers looked old and it is not going to get better.  We need to go in a different direction next year.  We can’t go into next year with an old man at QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Frank Reich and Rivers were horrible on the offense. Reich was calling plays on 2nd and 5 as if it was 3rd and 20. Rivers can't win us a game and is at most a game manager(I swear if we sign him again I'm gonna flip out). Don't even get me started on the defense. It's by far the most overrated defense in the NFL and can't play a 4 quarter game. People are gonna say I'm overreacting but that was the worst half of football I've seen in a long time. 

You hit it squarely on the head, Captain! Even if we do somehow make the playoffs, I can't see this Jekyll & Hyde team making any kind of a splash. Pathetic, how we can't seem to play a whole game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts are a 30 minute football team. Reasons why..... 1. only try to run the football one half or the other. You are demoralizing the defense in the first half. Second half, two 3 and outs on 6 straight passes, no runs. 2. The steelers make adjustments on offense, their receivers are open the rest of the game. Defense disappears  with no pressure. 3. This is the part that really sucks and there is no cure for. The officials! They did what needed to be done to tighten up this game. There can be a call on every play of the game due to the physicality of the game. However, how can you help one team score 21 points on three drives . Ok, they threw indy a bone on the last drive, so what! Does that make it all ok?

I predicted a loss with the hopes of a decent victory. I would rather get beat 35 to zero than go out and score 24 points, celebrate like the game is over, only to have the steelers win

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

I don’t know how I feel about this one. Just feels like a classic Colts collapse. Either digging out of the 1st half or crumbling in the 2nd. We just don’t consistently beat good teams. The whole 2nd half just felt like the Steelers were imposing their will. How does that happen after 21-7 in the 1st half?

I hate to make excuses the defense collapsed some. But those calls were egregious, and pivotal. The no offensive PI on claypool and the pi where carrie tipped it changed the game. Along with Hilton be ran into at the end and no call. Game zebras. And Riech abandoning the run when we were up ten and could have killed time and stopped Pitts moment was stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I hate to make excuses the defense collapsed some. But those calls were egregious, and pivotal. The no offensive PI on claypool and the pi where carrie tipped it changed the game. Along with Hilton be ran into at the end and no call. Game zebras. And Riech abandoning the run when we were up ten and could have killed time and stopped Pitts moment was stupid.

River dont belong in a shoot out. Coaching error.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Collapse, I knew yesterday our hearts would get ripped out. That was gut wrenching. Major shakeup coming after this one. Rock, Burton, special teams looked horrible. It’s a loss to the Steelers, these always linger and leave the worst taste in your mouth. It wouldn’t surprise me if Jacksonville sweeps us. Ughhh, so empty feeling.

I understand I felt like this after the raiders choked trying to help us. If you see the steelers or pats on the schedule we will lose. It sucks.. I have an empty feeling too, I lost motivation. And tomorrow we go back to work after the holiday break and half to laugh off all the football talk. Uhg. Nice end to 2020

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

Frank and Rivers lost this game.  Yea the Defense played bad the second but who decided to play Rock at corner today.  Frank did.  Why is he still on the team? .  Rivers looked old and it is not going to get better.  We need to go in a different direction next year.  We can’t go into next year with an old man at QB.

Rock played good and had a potential pick 6 if Claypool didn't interfer and get away with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hammer said:

You hit it squarely on the head, Captain! Even if we do somehow make the playoffs, I can't see this Jekyll & Hyde team making any kind of a splash. Pathetic, how we can't seem to play a whole game.

I'm already looking to the offseason and if we can keep Brissett(as a bridge QB to mentor the rookie QB and to start the first 6-10 games) draft a QB high to sit for a little bit that would be great, unless this team is confident in Eason. I mean I was looking at this season before it started like a 10-6 maybe get a win in the playoffs but that Rivers would just help us not have a losing record and keep our confidence for the next future QB. So that's looking like what might happen I just hope this Rivers thing is a one time thing. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a rough loss for so many different reasons.  What I am not going to do is over react because of the frustration and say oh Rivers sucks, the defense sucks, or Frank can’t coach.  Don’t mistake that with me not taking some issue with each today but one bad half doesn’t undo everything else they have done this year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This game shows you yet again bad coaching. Simple and plan. Better coaching helps. First half we run press man defense and second half we play majority zone. Like high school zone at that. We gave them at least 5 to 8 yards per play in the second half. It was terrible and we allowed for momentum to build and Ben to establish a rhythm. Offensively you had sound quick plays and runs in the first. Second half we use Taylor less and run terrible plays with longer development even though we had Webb (5th string) in at LT. Bad play calls plus the refs giving benefit to the Steelers equals a bad ending. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

The problem with our defense is: cornerback (rock), Julian turning from DPOY to a complete nobody, and our linebackers just being bad in coverage.

Blackmon didn't have Willis helping him. Wilson is an okay backup, but is slow.

 

We need to upgrade upon Anthony Walker IMO with this defense. If we upgrade ILB, CB, and DE, we will be a tough team to score on. 
 

Our D played pretty good. The refs gave them 2 scores damn near. It was the offensive and defensive play calling that killed us

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s a rough loss for so many different reasons.  What I am not going to do is over react because of the frustration and say oh Rivers sucks, the defense sucks, or Frank can’t coach.  Don’t mistake that with me not taking some issue with each today but one bad half doesn’t undo everything else they have done this year.  

As far as playoffs are concerned, depending on what happens next week, it might.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good. Our D can be inconsistent, but they are very young and promising. We dont need much more there besides maybe one more good CB and  pass rusher and a bit more time playing. I really like that group.

 

Our Offense is in the same boat minus for the QB position. Our Oline starters are very good and we have good RB, TE and WR corps. However, the long term QB plan needs to start sooner rather than later. We've been mostly lucky there thse last 2 decades, but it isn't an easy process at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

This game shows you yet again bad coaching. Simple and plan. Better coaching helps. First half we run press man defense and second half we play majority zone. Like high school zone at that. We gave them at least 5 to 8 yards per play in the second half. It was terrible and we allowed for momentum to build and Ben to establish a rhythm. Offensively you had sound quick plays and runs in the first. Second half we use Taylor less and run terrible plays with longer development even though we had Webb (5th string) in at LT. Bad play calls plus the refs giving benefit to the Steelers equals a bad ending. 

bring in the fact the Frank benched Taylor for missing the block that sacked Rivers... we were out coached again... on both sides... & the one thing I said ... who won the turnover ratio would win the game... Taylor being taken out to me was one of the Keys for the Loss... Rivers turnovers ...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty awesome young stars everywhere, beat NFC 1 seed Green Bay,beat Tenn when both clubs at full strength, beat playoff bound bears handily... 11-5 and going to playoffs and anything can happen as KC looks very vulnerable. Have a ton of cap space to fix holes (O line, DB)..life is pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

This was one of the worst ones in a while. I haven't been this upset and mad for a very long time. I don't want to look at anything football related until 1 pm next Sunday. Started off by deleting my fantasy football app cause I was just getting smoked in the Championship. ha

Yea Kamara  ensured I wouldn't  win 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

bring in the fact the Frank benched Taylor for missing the block that sacked Rivers... we were out coached again... on both sides... & the one thing I said ... who won the turnover ratio would win the game... Taylor being taken out to me was one of the Keys for the Loss... Rivers turnovers ...

 

Frank had no business calling that play action on 1st down deep in there territory. We should have been ruuning JT instead of throwing. Bad coaching. JT had no chance on that block anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

Frank and Rivers lost this game.  Yea the Defense played bad the second but who decided to play Rock at corner today.  Frank did.  Why is he still on the team? .  Rivers looked old and it is not going to get better.  We need to go in a different direction next year.  We can’t go into next year with an old man at QB.

The defensed got gassed by frank abandoning the run game and playing shoot out when we were up by 10. Bad coaching.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine changed the title to Rough Loss to Steelers (merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Even IF we do sign Houston (I am for it!).........We would have four of five DEs that will be FAs in the next 12 months   Not a great situation   And.... if Turray gets 12 sacks, he will want huge money......   (I dont know if they will pay it)   Our current Defensive End group is one of the weakest in the NFL, maybe bottom 5.   There is really no other way to look at it   We have chosen NOT to address this in FA, which is fine......   That leaves the draft. and really ONLY the draft   Thats why I dont choose to get excited over bringing in other positions early than OT and DE, in the early rounds.   We need to get some decent prospects for DE this year, or we will be in the same situation next year    
    • I could be wrong because I don't follow every team with the same fervor as I do the Colts, but I can't recall Bill Belichick making statements like "You want to raise your own" and "We want to have a sound structure in place where you're producing great talent for the Colts.". Perhaps he has, but he also has the benefit of winning more Super Bowls than any other Coach in NFL history on his side. Right now, Chris Ballard doesn't have the clout to be able to take such a hard line stance. To make statements about raising your own and producing great talent means that when guys that you draft go out and actually produce on the field you reward them for doing so. I don't even understand why re-signing Leonard or Q would even require a 2nd thought. I seriously think that there is no way Chris Ballard can please this forum. Every year when free agency rolls around the forum goes crazy because Ballard is too cheap or can't close the deal. When he is successful in the draft the positions that he drafted (WLB or OG for instance) aren't "the glamour or most important positions" Personally, I think what Chris Ballard has done is outstanding. He has positioned us to be a playoff caliber team without giving up a ton of draft capital or putting the team in a bad salary cap situation. As far as the free agents that the Patriots signed this offseason do you really think signing Jonnu Smith to 31 million guaranteed or Nelson Agholor to 15 million guaranteed were good deals? To me it looks the Patriots might have had to over pay free agents this year to come in and play for them. I think on this subject, we will just have to agree to disagree because like I said earlier unless the Maniac says he wants starting QB money I think the Colts have to and will re-sign him.
    • I totally agree you said it perfectly Houston was ehh last season and believe if he was anymore than ehh Ballard would already signed him already. This is a big year for Turay if he can stay healthy maybe he can have a big year. I believe Ballard has a plan and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...