Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Frank playing to win.../ Thoughts after the Steelers debacle ((merge))

a06cc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank needs to get the play-calling together. He's great at designing plays, but he might need to pass the calling duties over to Nick. The fact we didn't start chipping consistently till the 2nd half is ridiculous. We completely abandoned the run despite Pitt never displaying the ability to consistently stop it. 

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah I don’t see how you abandon the run game with a lead. Pittsburgh scored on that Johnson TD and they panicked.

Trying to get cute basically. Thinking that the Steelers would expect the run so we’ll pass to catch them off guard. 

Didn’t work though did it... One of the basic things about play calling is to continue to do what works, not force something that doesn’t.  

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Reich, to me, has like the highest ceiling and lowest floor of most HC’s.

Offense is usually beautiful to start, scripted plays go great. But always seems to make a baffling choice or two as the game goes on.

I feel exactly the same way. The way he can design guys open is only surpassed by Andy Reid. However, it's like he doesn't read the room at times. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Trying to get cute basically. Thinking that the Steelers would expect the run so we’ll pass to catch them off guard. 

Didn’t work though did it... One of the basic things about play calling is to continue to do what works, not force something that doesn’t.  

Yup. Overthinking every single time. Just keep running the ball. Or why not go to the short passing game with Hines? Same story every time even when we win.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mediocrity?    Seriously?

Yep. I’d say being average-slightly above average the last however many years is mediocrity. What would make you think otherwise? We don’t consistently beat good teams. We lose to bad teams and shoot ourselves in the foot constantly. Coaching on both sides of the ball needs improvements especially play calling on both sides of the ball. This was on the coaches and Rivers not being able to move and make things happen. We need a new QB 

12 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Was a different offense during the 2nd half. Pathetic. 

It’s been about every game, win or lose the games. This team is unable to make correct in game adjustments since FR arrived. It’s either a great opening or closing but when has this team done both? I think people have to come to terms with Frank Reich being just a middle of the road, really likable type of guy? If this team were to win a SB under his leadership, it would be a flipping miracle. That’s not a post game rant, I’ve been harping on him since last season when he continued to ride JB in spite of a garbage output of play. Too loyal, too stubborn, given more credit for fantastic play calling abilities. He just is Meh with a lovable personality. I’d hope they change direction with a new QB but not sure they have the stones to do it. Same approach with Pagano in that dang, he is so nice of a guy we have to hang on until the bitter end. 

19 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

Yup. This is what we will be with him. Play to not lose. Why abandon Taylor and the run game? This loss hurts and mediocrity is getting old. 

100% agree I love the change of pace and fastness with Hines but why take the rock away from Taylor who had 70 yards and 2 touchdowns, Reich  always seems to move away and start making silly calls just don’t understand it.

Archived