Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Colts @ Steelers, 12/27/20 at 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Nah, it's callable.... And was right in front of the official.... He threw it in real time, it's not like he waited to see if Hines broke it before tossing it..... That said, the push had zero effect on the play

I think the fact that Glow was properly engaged to begin with negates the push in the back.  If the defender turns his back on you you don't have to stop blocking him.  I think it was a poor call.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Nah, it's callable.... And was right in front of the official.... He threw it in real time, it's not like he waited to see if Hines broke it before tossing it..... That said, the push had zero effect on the play

I disagree whole heartedly.  When Glow engaged in the block, it was from the side at worst. While engaged, the Steeler twisted while Glow already had him engaged.   It was a travesty of a call.   And note, I didn’t insinuate that the ref called it after seeing the play outcome.  He called it because he was not paying attention, only seeing the end of the block when an engaged Glow pushed (in finishing the block) in the back.

• Thanks 1

Great 1st half. We need to keep it up. I am loving what this Defense is doing.

Kudos to the O-Line for holding it down. WRs getting open and the RBs fighting for tough yardage, Rivers is also playing well.

Clean up the penalties. Sanchez will get is groove back soon. Him being out there period is a testament to his toughness.

Reich and Flus need keep the foot on the gas and not go ultra conservative 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It should be 28-0 in reality. I will take 21-7 though at the half and we get the ball. Nice 14 point lead.

Right I was thinking the same thing but I don’t want to feel greedy. It’s still a good lead, if we just keep our foot on the gas we can drive it home in the second half, LET’S GO COLTS! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

That dude's on the payroll next year for a boatload as well right?

I think he has 1 more year left. 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

now i know why ravens fans were so upset over losing will holden .   he is playing amazing today , green has struggled the the other side giving up a fumble and a sack .

Green is going against Watt. Who’s Holden’s matchup?

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

now i know why ravens fans were so upset over losing will holden .   he is playing amazing today , green has struggled the the other side giving up a fumble and a sack .

He struggled a bit early but hasn't hurt us since.  He isn't playing badly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Sanchez kicks have been so so today

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I felt wrong saying that.

But it's true, and cannot be denied.

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

It's Heinz Field .... In December.

This could be why, there's a reason Tomlin opted for the Hail Mary vice the 50 yard FG attempt, even with a replacement kicker - he probably felt that the pass & potential lateral option had a better chance of succeeding!

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Not yet.  Let’s have our boys win this one first.

Agreed.. Just worried with all the talk about how we could actually miss the playoffs... I'm just focusing on the division because all the other talk gets my brain boggled..

6 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

i underestimated just how horrible the steelers offense is

It’s early. Don’t get the chart too far in front of the horse. We come out on all cylinders and then make them continue passing and I could see it holding true for the remainder of the game. 

Just now, CamMo said:

This is the Pittsburgh Steelers. They’ve burned us so much in the past.

Colts need to come out like it’s 0-0 and keep that fire. 

I’m all for keeping our foot on the gas, but not try and force plays or something that isn’t there for the sake of showing them we aren’t the same team anymore.