Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC Ruled out vs PIT

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just can’t help yourself......   Dear God.....    

No way - trying to win a division.

Good teams find ways to still win. So far Reich  hasn’t been able to show that he can get his team to wins when their is adversity.

Posted Images

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have the better team. As long as we don't turn it over they won't beat us. If Rivers is pressured a lot just take the sack and punt and play a field position game and let our D operate.

Each team has advantages in certain areas. It could go either way.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Each team has advantages in certain areas. It could go either way.

With any game it is 50/50 as I have posted. All AFC teams are like that outside of KC. Having said that, we are playing better right now. If we can't improvise over losing a couple of lineman than I will be disappointed. They are without an pro bowler in Dupree and other LB's too. Their Kicker is even injured.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You mean a coach isn't as good when his stars can't play?    Odd 

Good teams find ways to still win. So far Reich  hasn’t been able to show that he can get his team to wins when their is adversity.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only adversity we have really had was the 2nd Tennessee game and to Reich's defense he was missing some very key players like Buckner. Sweeping Tennessee was going to be difficult anyway if healthy as they are a good team like us.

• Thanks 1

My opinion of what the offensive lineup and O-Line should look like:

1 QB

1 RB (Taylor)

1 TE (Doyle, Cox)

2 WRs (Hilton, Pittman)

6 OLs

LT - Green (318 lbs)

LG - Nelson (330)

C - Kelly (307)

RG - Glowinski (310)

RT - Holden (330)

extra OT - Webb (330)

Maximize the power and size on the OL, with a blocking TE (Doyle or Cox) and call a lot of running plays and dare them to stop it. I can see Taylor feasting behind this line and don't know why we don't use a line up like this more often.

Their edge rushers aren't particular big with Dupree out and seems like eventually, running the ball continuously will wear them down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The colts are 9-4.   I think you're wrong,   like usual

10-4

But I agree with your sentiment.

To say the Colts haven't won in the face of adversity this year is way off base.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have the better team. As long as we don't turn it over they won't beat us. If Rivers is pressured a lot just take the sack and punt and play a field position game and let our D operate.

Please don't take the sack.

Throw it away. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is one of the worst takes ever here.  The Colts have been without their starting RB all year and are 10-4.  They have been without their slot WR almost all year and are 10-4.  They lost Pittman after the Jets game and still found a way to win games with two of their top three WRs out and the top guy in a major slump.  They beat the Packers without Smith.  They won in Houston without AC.  They beat the Bengals without Leonard.  That’s just this year.  Let’s not forget they went into KC last year and beat the Chiefs with what amounts to a back up QB and his first year of coach over came a 1-5 start to make the playoffs and win a playoff game on the road.  

This team has over come a lot of adversity under Frank.  

Are they perfect when they lose star players?  No.  Then again show me a team who is, that’s why they are star players.  They are extremely hard to replace.  

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe adversity was the wrong word. But so far when there has been last minute emergency things like this Reich hasn’t been able to game plan around it. Good teams and coaches are able to do that.

First of all no team has dealt with anything like the COVID issue before this year.  Second of all you are talking about losing a key player after the last practice of the week and after the game plan has been put in.  Yeah any coach is going to struggle with that.  

7 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

You think Green was “amazing”? serious question. Not degrading your opinion.

They had to pull him after 1 drive and put Nelson at LT last game. He has been just as bullied as Clark was. Rivers has had to rush throwing the ball anytime he has been in the game from what I’ve seen.

you realize he was injured badly in the raiders game didnt practice and he wasnt suppose to even be active .  Go watch film of the green bay game .  he also played very well in the first game against houston . both games he played 60 snaps each .   his bad game was when his back was out against the raiders playing 7 snaps giving up a sack or two .  the two games he was healthy he looked great in pass protection.

We as colts fans really have no right to complain considering the colts are one of the healthiest teams in the nfl right now.   The whole defense is healthy and playing beside hooker who is a bust and replaced by blackmon who is much better .   the steelers have no starting linebackers their offensive line is really banged up and they are missing what 7 starters on defense .   the have twice the amount of injuries to key players.   We still have two pro bowlers on the line and a very good guard in glow so 3 out of 5 players are very good . 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

We as colts fans really have no right to complain considering the colts are one of the healthiest teams in the nfl right now.   The whole defense is healthy and playing beside hooker who is a bust and replaced by blackmon who is much better .   the steelers have no starting linebackers their offensive line is really banged up and they are missing what 7 starters on defense .   the have twice the amount of injuries to key players.   We still have two pro bowlers on the line and a very good guard in glow so 3 out of 5 players are very good . 

I honestly think the major injury is Mack but nobody is talking about it because it happened so long ago. Losing your #1 RB is bad.

It is not that we don't have AC and Braden Smith. We know we will be short handed with our replacements with injuries and Covid issues. It is just that I have not seen enough from our coaches where the "next man up" has been able to deliver. Buckner is hard to replace, Buckner and Autry together gone is harder to replace vs the Titans.

But when you don't help LeRaven Clark, you try to act like the "next man up" is going to be functioning the same way as the starter, even when he shows in the first quarter he cannot, that is where I lack confidence in the coaches' ability to adapt. If I see them not doubling T J Watt, or not chipping him constantly, that would further my doubts on the ability of these coaches to play short handed. This game will be a good gauge or reflection of the coaching staff more than anything else.

In the games AC was out (Browns, at Texans), Rivers did not trust his replacement as the game went on and started getting rid of the ball earlier than usual leading to INTs or bad drives.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is not that we don't have AC and Braden Smith. We know we will be short handed with our replacements with injuries and Covid issues. It is just that I have not seen enough from our coaches where the "next man up" has been able to deliver. Buckner is hard to replace, Buckner and Autry together gone is harder to replace vs the Titans.

But when you don't help LeRaven Clark, you try to act like the "next man up" is going to be functioning the same way as the starter, even when he shows in the first quarter he cannot, that is where I lack confidence in the coaches' ability to adapt. If I see them not doubling T J Watt, or not chipping him constantly, that would further my doubts on the ability of these coaches to play short handed. This game will be a good gauge or reflection of the coaching staff more than anything else.

They have gone next man up all year at WR, S, and, RB and been fine.  They went next man up at TE early in the season and were fine.  They went next man up at C for a game and were fine.  I think we as fans tend to focus on the negative and over look the positive.  

Will they be able to overcome the loss of Smith and AC?  Maybe not but it’s not going to be because Frank can’t coach.  It’s because those are very good players who are extremely hard to replace.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think the major injury is Mack but nobody is talking about it because it happened so long ago. Losing your #1 RB is bad.

yea that is the worst injury colts have had all year .   The good news is taylor is on pace for 1000 yard season and hines has stepped up big time in the run game the last month .  we have a solid one two punch still , and pascal has stepped up two years in a row and replaced cambell at a high level .     really colts only have two starters out for the year , hooker doesnt really count because he is replaced already .  by the playoffs colts with have a fully healthy line even if smith has symptoms two weeks he can be back .   losing only two players for the whole season is amazing .   i know clark also is out but he is a bad backup who doesnt play much and noah doesnt even see the field .     colts are one of the healthiest teams right now .    We could even get cambell back during the playoffs and only be down one starter mack

• ColtsBlueFL changed the title to AC Ruled out vs PIT