Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smith to Covid List

Bravo

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are missing Dupree, to me that is just as bad. JMO.

It's bad for them, but they have T.J. Watt and Alex Highsmith to replace Dupree. So they are adequate on the other side. Still hate it for us tbh. Sorry to be negative, this is just one of those games I won't believe we will win until it actually happens. I can't believe in blind optimism here. Rooting for us 100%, but I know we are the heavy underdogs. We'll see Sunday. Hoping for the best.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Not close to even.

Dupree had 8 sacks in 11 games before season-ending injury, which is basically on track for 11-12 sacks in a 16 game season. Last year, he had 11.5 sacks so it's safe to say he's a reliable pass-rusher.

Having to face one in Watt versus two is a big difference.

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

For everyone who is falsely optimistic. It's easy to be an optimistic homer when you are depending on other people to do all the work, isn't it?

The Steelers are now playing to win to win the division. They are no longer comfortable. They have been publicly shamed and embarrassed, and we are their ticket to get back on track. They are a lion and we are a gazelle. Fresh meat. This O-Line is hurting right now. The Steelers have a great defense. Don't expect much scoring by the Colts Sunday. I've been very optimistic the last two months, but I'm not going to falsely say I feel confident on this thread. If we win, it will be an upset.

I want to send the sax player from the lost boys to play this outside your window during the game 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's bad for them, but they have T.J. Watt and Alex Highsmith to replace Dupree. So they are adequate on the other side. Still hate it for us tbh. Sorry to be negative, this is just one of those games I won't believe we will win until it actually happens. I can't believe in blind optimism here. Rooting for us 100%, but I know we are the heavy underdogs. We'll see Sunday. Hoping for the best.

Yeah Dupree was having a pro bowl year, he had 8 sacks before his injury. We usually lose to the Steelers so I understand anyone being skeptical. I still think we can win this game, it is 50/50 IMO but I think we are playing better right now.

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Highly doubt it.  We have two very capable blocking TEs in Doyle and MAC.  My guess is that on passing downs we'll have one (or both) of them lined up to help Pinter or whoever is lined up at RT.

You honestly think chipping Watt will stop him

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Dupree was having a pro bowl year, he had 8 sacks before his injury. We usually lose to the Steelers so I understand anyone being skeptical. I still think we can win this game, it is 50/50 IMO but I think we are playing better right now.

Maybe if taylor has a game like Kamara 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Trying reverse psychology like me lol

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Yea because  if we don't  we don't  deserve  the playoffs 

Did I miss something?   Maybe I did?

If ee lose Sunday vs. Pittsburgh does that end out playoff hopes?   Not that I’m aware of. 

As if today, X-mas, we have a 90 percent chance to make the playoffs.   Our chances don’t go from 90 to ZERO if we lose Sunday.  Tennessee still has to play Green Bay. 

There’s still week 17.   We host the Jags.  Miami plays IN Buffalo.    Lots to play.   A lot could happen.   

Thus is not a must win game Sunday.   Why do many are acting like it is is a mystery to me. 

23 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ben is getting old and tired of getting. It shows in his throws. He has a quick release this year because he wants the ball out of his hands as soon as possible to avoid a hit. If we play 10 yards off and a soft zone, they deserve to lose. Need to press

This is the truth. Their oline won’t hold up if he has to go deep. Just cut off the short and intermediate passes.  This should probably be a low scoring game.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If ee lose Sunday vs. Pittsburgh does that end out playoff hopes?   Not that I’m aware of. 

As if today, X-mas, we have a 90 percent chance to make the playoffs.   Our chances don’t go from 90 to ZERO if we lose Sunday.  Tennessee still has to play Green Bay. 

There’s still week 17.   We host the Jags.  Miami plays IN Buffalo.    Lots to play.   A lot could happen.   

Thus is not a must win game Sunday.   Why do many are acting like it is is a mystery to me. 

Because we don’t control our destiny if Miami wins and we lose. It’s that simple. I hate relying on other teams to lose.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we're  relying on  others to get in we may not get in

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Is Miami facing Buffalo in week 16 or 17? Can't remember. That would be what saves us if anything. Let me just put it to you this way. Braden Smith has become an elite RT this year. Hasn't allowed a sack all year. His impact is HUGE. The fact that people are brushing it off to the side that he's missing this game as no big deal is laughable. If Constanzo is limited or misses this game as well, it's an L. We are pretty much depending on Miami or Balt to lose to get in. I have no faith in this team to beat Pitt Sunday. Losing Braden Smith is so huge and people can't comprehend it.

It doesn't take a freaking genius to understand that losing one and or potentially both of your starting tackles diminishes the Colts chance of winning.  NO ONE has said that.  I just simply does not mean an L is guaranteed.  

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because everytime we lose some freak out lmao . This isn't a must win at all I agree but it would help obviously. 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because everytime we lose some freak out lmao . This isn't a must win at all I agree but it would help obviously. 

I think it is. Even if we did make the playoffs after losing to steelers we'd face the red hot bills, then the chiefs off a bye. A recipe for disaster 

Archived