Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remembering Manning: Favorite Colts Game During Pm Legacy.

dgambill

Look, since we have all moved on what is your favorite Peyton Manning game(s) during his time here. I have many but the most recent came back in week 2 of 2009 against the Dolphins. We were totally owned by the Dolphins running attack and the time of possession was 45 mins to our 15 but we still won the game thanks to the sheriff. Peyton throws for over 300 yards and two touchdowns and we win. I remember watching the game and being so upset our defense couldn't stop them and they had the ball the whole game but as soon as Peyton would touch it we would score. One of many great memories so please share yours. We all have different favorites but we all agree that they were all great reasons to be a Colts fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg1IufWl3BQ&feature=related

Patriots AFCCG easily the best game ever.

Also, of course the Super Bowl was awesome. :)

I agree.. The AFCCG was better than the Super Bowl in many ways. Finally beating brady and the hoodie in the playoffs. I never questioned they would beat the bears, even after the opening kickoff return

I will always remember the MNF game @ TB. That was just unreal. That has to be my favorite non-playoff Peyton era game.

I remember Keshawn Johnson was miked up in that game.. Marvin caught a short bubble screen and Keshawn was dogging him saying that is how he gets all of his catches. Then in the forth quarter Marvin shut him up..

I remember Keshawn Johnson was miked up in that game.. Marvin caught a short bubble screen and Keshawn was dogging him saying that is how he gets all of his catches. Then in the forth quarter Marvin shut him up..

Didn't he say along the line of " the great Marvin Harrison only catches short passes" or something to that nature?

The Monday Night Miracle against the Bucs, AFCCG vs. Patriots and 2009 vs. Miami are all my favorites.

Another one of my favorites that we didn't win was 2007 against the Chargers. Our ST was awful, Peyton threw 6 INTs but somehow we are in position to win the game by a 22 yard FG by the most clutch kicker of all time, and he MISSES it! The most bizarre game I've ever seen and I'll never forget it. :wall:

Wasn't there another great comeback type game against ARZ shortly after the 2009 Miami game posted in the OP? I remember that game only loosely, but I remember it was good. Garcon put the stiff arm on Cro like something fierce. This is when Garcon was first emerging.

That Miami game symbolizes everything the Colts stood for -- the bad and the good. Superb quick-striking offense with atrocious defense. Couldn't stop the run, we made Pennington look like a superstar, we couldn't force any mistakes (except Pennington's final pass)...

We may have won, but that victory was very bittersweet. Against a team, like Miami, the score shouldn't have been that close. The Colts defense did not do their job, period.

That 2009 game against the fins was the first Colts game I watched as a full-time football fan (soccer guy). I thought the game was amazing, despite the fact I didnt know what was going on. I hardly saw the offense on the field. Later, I realized I had just saw an amazing game with the Colts winning with 15 mins of posession.This game and the 4th and two game. Best ive seen from my Colts.

That Miami game symbolizes everything the Colts stood for -- the bad and the good. Superb quick-striking offense with atrocious defense. Couldn't stop the run, we made Pennington look like a superstar, we couldn't force any mistakes (except Pennington's final pass)...

We may have won, but that victory was very bittersweet. Against a team, like Miami, the score shouldn't have been that close. The Colts defense did not do their job, period.

We always made Pennington look good. Imagine if his career was in the AFCS. haha

The AFCCG was great, but I don't feel as though it was most everybody's favorite (as they claim) for the first 3 quarters or so. The game seemed like it was just going to be another Patriots walkover at that point. The comeback was great, and the ending was great, but everyone was wetting themselves most of the way through.

Comprehensively speaking, it contained some of our favorite moments, but I don't buy that it was everyone's favorite game. Now you can watch it because you know how it ends.

Historically speaking, it was one of the most memorable playoff games in NFL history. Befitting of Peyton Manning's worth; however, people seem to have short memories. Most casual fans treat Manning like a guy who hasn't won one yet.

One of my favorite games was a trip to New Orleans. Edge was banged up and not playing, and those that loved to bash Manning were saying that the Colts were going to get torched because Manning couldn't win without Edge.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=230928018

NEW ORLEANS -- Peyton Manning visited his hometown Sunday night and humiliated his dad's old team.

Manning became the first NFL quarterback in more than a decade to throw six touchdown passes, leading the Indianapolis Colts past the New Orleans Saints 55-21. The Colts are 4-0 for the first time since 1996. Manning went 20-of-25 for 314 yards, with TD tosses that covered 17, 14, 79, 12, 32 and 11 yards. Marvin Harrison caught six passes for 158 yards and three of the TDs.

It's always to have more touchdown passes than incomplete passes.

1. AFCCG (now that I know how it ends)

2. SB (I'm surrounded by Bears fans... great night)

3. 2008 game vs. Houston (Sage Rosenfels "helicopter play") it was an early season must win to keep from going 1-3... the whole team stepped up in the fourth to get an amazing win

H.M.-The heartbreaking early playoff loss to the Steelers in 2005... I had such a huge meltdown after this game that it prepared me for future disappointments like... 2011. Fumbling legends, best and worst of #18, and drunken kickers F'ing up the whole effort... I can laugh about it now... hu ho hai... sort of

My favorite non-playoff/Super Bowl Manning/Harrison play of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCKncWUwWE

The spike of Bruschi's grill was the cherry on top.

Just watching that, being a few years later obviously, and not remembering it at the time, but I REALLY get the impression Al Michaels didn't want that to be a TD. He was fighting that the whole way......

Wasn't there another great comeback type game against ARZ shortly after the 2009 Miami game posted in the OP? I remember that game only loosely, but I remember it was good. Garcon put the stiff arm on Cro like something fierce. This is when Garcon was first emerging.

My best memory of that game was a stop by two of our DB's against either Fitz or Bolden, where we stopped a certain TD pass about 6 inches from the line. I think we then either got a turnover, or kept them to a field goal....

Well... the video does show the Colts going up 21-3.

Keyshawn can't help but talk. It's like a few years ago when he said we were the worst 14-0 team in NFL history. First off, in the words of Gary Brackett, how many 14-0 teams has Keyshawn been on? And secondly, saying they are the worst undefeated team is like saying "this guy is the poorest billionaire in the world"