Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor needs a out 169 yards in two games to get to 1000.

I think he will, I could see 100yds against Jags alone. That would leave him needing 58 against Steelers.

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I think they’ll keep him fresh for the playoffs

Got to get there first. I think he will get there.

79yds a game isn't very much. Should be attainable.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pittsburg is never easy to run against.   But we might have some luck against J’Ville in the last game. 

This is an achievable number.   Whether it happens or not is another story.  

The fact he is approaching it is impressive, considering he missed a game with covid and was used to so little through first part of the season.

1142 total yds and 8 tds through 12 games, not to bad.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, w87r said:

The fact he is approaching it is impressive, considering he missed a game with covid and was used to so little through first part of the season.

1142 total yds and 7 tds through 12 games, not to bad.

Today’s 5-yard TD run was a thing of beauty.  Made several tough cuts.   My first thought was....   so much for having poor vision!   :thmup:

• Like 8
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pittsburg is never easy to run against.   But we might have some luck against J’Ville in the last game. 

This is an achievable number.   Whether it happens or not is another story.  

Steelers  have alot of injuries  to lbs may make it easier  to run against  them

• Like 1

He can get there if the coaches decide to let him. Depends on the playoff picture. If they can afford to rest him they will. I hope he gets to 1,000.  But either way, Taylor is now the future at RB. It been fun to watch him evolve into the #1 guy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hoose said:

He can get there if the coaches decide to let him. Depends on the playoff picture. If they can afford to rest him they will. I hope he gets to 1,000.  But either way, Taylor is now the future at RB. It been fun to watch him evolve into the #1 guy. 

When the injury first happened I thought it would help the Colts keep Mack at a lower deal and it still may but frankly Taylor and Hines have turned into a really good combo in the backfield so even if the Colts don’t bring Mack back I am comfortable with a Taylor and Hines backfield going forward like you said.  

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's been such a magical season I say he gets exactly 1000 on the year with a minute remaining vs Jacks and we take him out lmao 

Hopefully, with a minute remaining vs Jax, Wilkins is in the game.

• Haha 2

I'll say yes, barely. Pittsburgh has a stiffing run defense, and will probably slow Taylor down a bit. However, Jax is pretty weak against the run, so Taylor can easily have 100 yards Vs them, especially in garbage time. I'll say 1050 rushing yards and 9 tds with 350 receiving yds and 1 td. So 1400 total yards and 10 total tds.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll say yes, barely. Pittsburgh has a stiffing run defense, and will probably slow Taylor down a bit. However, Jax is pretty weak against the run, so Taylor can easily have 100 yards Vs them, especially in garbage time. I'll say 1050 rushing yards and 9 tds with 350 receiving yds and 1 td. So 1400 total yards and 10 total tds.

I will say 1001 Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

However, Jax is pretty weak against the run, so Taylor can easily have 100 yards Vs them, especially in garbage time.

The problem there is that if we have a garbage time scenario, it'll most likely be Wilkins in, not JT.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

When the injury first happened I thought it would help the Colts keep Mack at a lower deal and it still may but frankly Taylor and Hines have turned into a really good combo in the backfield so even if the Colts don’t bring Mack back I am comfortable with a Taylor and Hines backfield going forward like you said.  

We could probably bring back Mack on a 1 year prove it deal and not have to pay much.  

I think it might be a good idea quite frankly because IMO you can't have too much depth at the RB position.  

• Like 1

Taylor has been running like a grown * man the last few weeks. His development has been tremendous, and one of the reasons this team has improved. Hope he gets to 1k, but also need to keep his legs fresh when the playoffs get here.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Steelers run D isn't that great.    

I remember RB Mark Van Egan of the Raiders from years ago.  Needed something like 87 yards in the final game of the season for a 1000 yards. which not only is a achievement for the RB but is a feather in the cap for the O-line.  It was either Art Shell or Gene Upshaw who said, he is going to get that 87 yards if I have to carry him on my back.  Would be great to have the mindset going into our last 2 games, get that 1000+ yards, win both games, finish 12-4, and strong going into the playoffs, and then, bring it on, play anybody, to be the best, got beat the best. 

• Like 2
On 12/21/2020 at 4:07 AM, w87r said:

1142 total yds and 8 tds through 12 games, not to bad.

Blimey yeah, forgot about that! Man that would be super impressive achieving it whilst missing a game!

So thankful for football! 

• Like 2