Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Steelers Predictions

danlhart87

9 hours ago, Derakynn said:

Whoever the Steelers left tackle is looked awful today... not sure how he normally is.

It was Villanueva and he's usually really good, but Carl Lawson was stealing his lunch money last night. I'm not sure if it was just a matchup issue or if something is up with Villanueva, although he wasn't on the injury report all week.

Hopefully our guys can dissect how Lawson consistently beat Villanueva and do the same this week. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, it looked to me like Cincy had a better defense than us.  They got pressure on Ben when it mattered, and their DBs were right on the receivers.  That one CB made a couple of bad plays at the end of the game to keep PITT in it...dropped the interception and then had a PI call at the goal line....but their D looked more disruptive along the line and in the secondary.

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Frankly, it looked to me like Cincy had a better defense than us.  They got pressure on Ben when it mattered, and their DBs were right on the receivers.  That one CB made a couple of bad plays at the end of the game to keep PITT in it...dropped the interception and then had a PI call at the goal line....but their D looked more disruptive along the line and in the secondary.

Youve seen that Cincy defense against us and you know that isnt true. Rivers picked them apart most of the game. Pitt problem is they have no running game. Teams that have a good 4 man rush like ours are effective against them.

This is a must win game. I don’t care what the final score is. I live here in PA. For the past few years we’ve lost to the stealers. The phone calls and text I get after the games is brutal. I hate the stealers and their fans on any day they play. My mother is one of them lol 

Okay, I want in on this. It is so cool that you all are predicting scores and who wins.

I will go for a bigger challenge and predict the winning play...

Mr. Leonard intercepting a pass  from our 40 yard line for a touchdown!

Colts 34   Steelers 31

Hey, Ben

If you find out about my prediction, you still gotta throw the ball...I did not mention when it will happen...LOL!

On defense, Eberflus cannot employ this soft zone coverage against Pittsburgh. Right now Ben is struggling to push the ball downfield and they rely so much on underneath and screen plays. 

Indy should hopefully play their tight coverage as that will be most effective against the Steelers offense. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

On defense, Eberflus cannot employ this soft zone coverage against Pittsburgh. Right now Ben is struggling to push the ball downfield and they rely so much on underneath and screen plays. 

Indy should hopefully play their tight coverage as that will be most effective against the Steelers offense. 

Be prepared to see it. It's his safety blanket 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Youve seen that Cincy defense against us and you know that isnt true. Rivers picked them apart most of the game. Pitt problem is they have no running game. Teams that have a good 4 man rush like ours are effective against them.

I guess comparing Cincy's D to ours by using a team we haven't played yet is a bad idea.  Just seems that their defense did things to an 11-2 PITT team that I haven't seen our D do to anybody all season.  But maybe PITT's offense is really dropping off fast.

38 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I guess comparing Cincy's D to ours by using a team we haven't played yet is a bad idea.  Just seems that their defense did things to an 11-2 PITT team that I haven't seen our D do to anybody all season.  But maybe PITT's offense is really dropping off fast.

Bengals  hit harder than I saw them hit all season. Probably because  juju danced on their logo pre game

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

That soft zone could allow Ben to get his rhythm if there isn't much pressure

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Pitt is struggling right now bc they cant run. Much easier to make them one dimensional and Tee off. Nevermind the 11-2 record as they are not playing up to it right now. They are a beatable team if you have a pass rush.  And im glad we have gotten more balanced on offense with Hines and Taylor both picking up steam.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

They will get their yards. However, I think they are going to struggle containing JT/NH. 

They will struggle containing TY and Pittman, that is where we should be targeting their defense, the secondary on the perimeter. That should open up the run as the game goes on.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

UPDATE:    Pittsburgh now shows it will have a near winter heat wave!      :thmup:

The original forecast of 33 has now changed. The new forecast shows..........  36!    Still no sign of rain or wind. 

Please don't tell us the weather in Cali.  Us in the northeast don't want to hear it!  lol.

I will now have to amend my prediction from earlier. We are now a minimum of 3 touchdowns better than this awful steeler team. The Colts have only won 1 time in Pittsburgh since 1972. Peyton beat them. I can hardly imagine how bad the Colts have to play to lose this game. But, not to stir up nightmares, remember how bad we played and how ridiculous the officiating was in that playoff game in January of 2006??? Gosh, I hope it doesn't happen again. Heck remember last year, we didn't even have a qb and should have beat them. Go Colts, change history Sunday in Pittsburgh. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

UPDATE:    Pittsburgh now shows it will have a near winter heat wave!      :thmup:

The original forecast of 33 has now changed. The new forecast shows..........  36!    Still no sign of rain or wind. 

Spoken like a true California weather wimp. haha And for the record, I grew up out west.  Vastly prefer the Midwest and its people, though. Except in late February and March. The weather then is a spiritual killer. The rest of the year, including December, is quite tolerable. 36 and sunny? Not a problem. 

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Agreed we need to press a little more with this match up.

25 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Spoken like a true California weather wimp. haha And for the record, I grew up out west.  Vastly prefer the Midwest and its people, though. Except in late February and March. The weather then is a spiritual killer. The rest of the year, including December, is quite tolerable. 36 and sunny? Not a problem. 

Guilty as charged!    Though truth be told,  the long HOT summer is my least favorite season!    I much prefer Spring, Fall and even Winter!  (Cali style winter, that is!).

Back to football...  I’ll be curious how our boys handle real winter weather?    If it’s just cold, then I think we’ll be ok.   But if it gets wet or windy, then I’d be more concerned.   So,  so far, so good.    :thmup:

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

colts offense dominated them without pittman and hilton was a non factor at that point .  with a practice squad wr being rivers number 1 option .  bengals defense is terrible , steelers offense is just really bad the whole year. steelers have no run game and big ben does not take care of his body , he is fat out of shape and just had major surgery last year . big ben looks like trash all year no deep ball anymore he is entering the peyton manning 2015 stage.

31 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

colts offense dominated them without pittman and hilton was a non factor at that point .  with a practice squad wr being rivers number 1 option .  bengals defense is terrible , steelers offense is just really bad the whole year. steelers have no run game and big ben does not take care of his body , he is fat out of shape and just had major surgery last year . big ben looks like trash all year no deep ball anymore he is entering the peyton manning 2015 stage.

This is what Colin cowherd said today about Big Ben and not taking care of himself lol. It looks like that surgically repaired elbow may not be holding up the entire season.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Their OL pass protection has been very good. Even better than us actually. 

That's  not accurate  according  to the fans in their forum  their oline is terrible  and only looked good because  big ben got rid of ball super fast 

Archived